Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Gun sales in US "go astronomical" after Connecticut massacre

"Our sales are astronomical," said Karl Durkheimer, owner of Northwest Armory in Portland, Ore. "We have customers coming in who are very worried for their personal safety."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oting/1775707/
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gun sales in US "go astronomical" after Connecticut massacre

On another note gun manufacturers stocks have taken a hit this week and the investment group that owns the makers of Bushmasters announced today in light of the shootings last Friday they'll be selling the company
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I was thinking about getting something for home defense, but decided against it
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Americans dont seem to realize that the woman whose kid blew her away? She was a gun enthusiast. She had 12 guns didnt save her from getting her head blown off by her own kid.

Then the kid took those legal guns to a kindergarten and blew away a whole bunch of innocent people

but some of these geniuses think the answer is MORE guns..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

People are still ignoring the real cause of people going on shooting sprees: prescription drugs like anti depressants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhO0Pul_FcE
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guns are only useful if you have time to get the gun, the other person does not have a gun, and basically you are using the gun to make the balance of power so much in your favor that it ends a confrontation without anything happening. If you have a gun pointed at me, and i pull out a gun, chances are people are going to die.

Guns are also a problem when you have people angry, the husband who finds his wife in bed with someone and becomes a murderer, or the depressed person who doesn't realize they have mental issues, etc. If you have the gun with you at that point it's very very bad.

i think 99% of people should in no way have guns and in no way need guns. If the teacher in that school had a gun the most likely outcome is still them getting killed.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Americans dont seem to realize that the woman whose kid blew her away? She was a gun enthusiast. She had 12 guns didnt save her from getting her head blown off by her own kid.

Then the kid took those legal guns to a kindergarten and blew away a whole bunch of innocent people

but some of these geniuses think the answer is MORE guns..
This is why you have to fix people first.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Which is such a monumental effort that it's not going to change in any of our lifetimes. It's an entire culture's fascination and acceptance of violence as an answer to anything. It'll take generations.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

Based on what I've seen the last 2 days, education seems to be the best fix.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If the gov tries to take my guns, my chopper is going to split them in half.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a gun owner, and currently I feel as though I am an extremely responsible gun owner.

Earlier?...3-4 years ago?...I was an extremely irresponsible gun owner...fcking miracle I didn't kill anyone. I shouldn't have been able to own a gun at that point in my life, but I am not sure how anyone was supposed to know that of me though. There is no "crazy alcoholic party guy who has no business owning a gun" test to take.

I think I am pretty much proof the system is flawed, but that being said I think there will always be flaws in a gun ownership system.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm a gun owner, and currently I feel as though I am an extremely responsible gun owner.

Earlier?...3-4 years ago?...I was an extremely irresponsible gun owner...fcking miracle I didn't kill anyone. I shouldn't have been able to own a gun at that point in my life, but I am not sure how anyone was supposed to know that of me though. There is no "crazy alcoholic party guy who has no business owning a gun" test to take.

I think I am pretty much proof the system is flawed, but that being said I think there will always be flaws in a gun ownership system.

Examples please
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come up with a way to keep guns away from bad guys. We spend all this time talking about gun ownership and restricting access to the people who obey the law...tell me how we're going to keep them out of bad guys' hands.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #15
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Which is such a monumental effort that it's not going to change in any of our lifetimes. It's an entire culture's fascination and acceptance of violence as an answer to anything. It'll take generations.

If we ever even get to that point.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: