Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #1
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Minor in Consumption

Im 20 years old and i was at a party last night that got broken up...I decided to walk outside because we had a d.d and cops usually dont care as long as you have someone sober driving....well this was in gilbert(cops have nothing better to do) so they decided to line everyone up and give them breathelyzers... i did not have a chance to run because there was about 8 cops so i took one

I was drunk and i tried to cover the hole as i blew...the sergent got mad cause he said i wasnt blowing so he decided to handcuff me and put me on the sidewalk...i ended up taking it again and blew a .03 so i got a m.i.c and he let me go

my questions are...Is there anyway i can get out of this cause my b.a.c was low and he handcuffed me??? were the cops allowed to make everyone at the party take a breathalyzer????

Im pretty sure im screwed but is there any loopholes in the system??? I live in az so does anyone know my punishment and if its gonna be on my record after i turn 21???
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: Minor in Consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Im 20 years old and i was at a party last night that got broken up...I decided to walk outside because we had a d.d and cops usually dont care as long as you have someone sober driving....well this was in gilbert(cops have nothing better to do) so they decided to line everyone up and give them breathelyzers... i did not have a chance to run because there was about 8 cops so i took one

I was drunk and i tried to cover the hole as i blew...the sergent got mad cause he said i wasnt blowing so he decided to handcuff me and put me on the sidewalk...i ended up taking it again and blew a .03 so i got a m.i.c and he let me go

my questions are...Is there anyway i can get out of this cause my b.a.c was low and he handcuffed me??? were the cops allowed to make everyone at the party take a breathalyzer????

Im pretty sure im screwed but is there any loopholes in the system??? I live in az so does anyone know my punishment and if its gonna be on my record after i turn 21???
The only reason that he handcuffed you is because you tried to cover the hole in the first place. You should've just blown in it in the first place, and they'd have been easier to deal with. You just gave him incentive to get you on anything.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
The only reason that he handcuffed you is because you tried to cover the hole in the first place. You should've just blown in it in the first place, and they'd have been easier to deal with. You just gave him incentive to get you on anything.

yah i was being kinda a smart ass and was like "im trying to blow....i dont know whats going on oficer"....but it didnt matter cause they had already gave about 30 other people minors before me...so i knew i was getting one no matter what(i hoped covering it up would help)

oh well...im just a lil worried that when i apply for jobs that they will think less of me
Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

It'll stay on your record. The only time your record gets erased is when you've committed some sort of misdemeanor or crime in general while you were a minor (under 18), once you turn 18 it gets erased. But whatever you do from 18 and older doesn't get erased. So whatever it is that they're charging you with it'll stay on your record, but from the looks of it it doesn't seem that serious, good thing you weren't driving.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
It'll stay on your record. The only time your record gets erased is when you've committed some sort of misdemeanor or crime in general while you were a minor, once you turn 18 it gets erased. But it won't get erased when you're 21. So whatever it is that they're charging you with it'll stay on your record, but from the looks of it it doesn't seem that serious, good thing you weren't driving.
yah i never drink and drive...that just cause problems for me and others

I am also pissed about this because they gave everyone minors but then just let them go without knowing if they had a sober driver

it seems that alot of people have m.i.c or m.i.ps so hopefully employers dont care too much
Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

also....is there anyway to prove this breathlyzer wrong????it was used many times over again in the presence of radios
Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #7
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
also....is there anyway to prove this breathlyzer wrong????it was used many times over again in the presence of radios
Nope, whatever the breathlyzer got you with that's what will stand in court. Not sure how strict the law is in AZ for minor alcohol consumption, but you should probably hire a lawyer to lessen the punishment. That's what I would do because Cali laws are pretty strict, but not sure how it is over there. My friend's cousin lives over there and he told me that the law isn't strict over there, especially when it comes to anything alcohol related.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you could have probably demanded to see a lawyer and then blown, but that might have pissed them off more.

If it is a small fine, just pay it,if not challenge it. Spend some tax payers money and piss the whole town off. Point zero three is so small it will definitely get tossed out of court if you tell them someone spiked your Coke or something and plead innocent. Its totally reasonable for that amount because you can legally drive up to point zero eight in many places.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

you didnt have to take the breathalyzer test actually. What you shouldve done was have your lawyer's number in your phone and shouldve called him and have him tell you what to do. In texas, you arent required to take a breathalyzer test but you are arrested or something and put in jail for the night and by that time you are already sober.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

You should definitely consult with a lawyer or someone who knows the law in AZ. I wouldn't worry about it affecting your ability to get a job. It's a misdemeanor right? I don't even think you have to report misdemeanors on applications. Anyway even if you had to tell a potential employer about it, I would find it very hard to believe that he would look down on you considering he probably had a drink at your age. He went to college right?

No worries man, this is no big deal. Hell, GW was a cokehead... you could still be president one day.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a big deal. I've got one in the U.S. and it's not like I can't cross the border or anything. Besides the fine, it hasn't affected my life in the least.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

what a crime, you've just moved ahead of osama on the fbi top 10 list, your going donw big time, expect 35-40 years

seriously the drinking limit in america is a joke, why 21??? you can kill hundreds of people when your driving at 16, but try doing something when your pissed and you got no chance, most men find it hard to get it up let alone beat someone up
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 AM   #13
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i got an MIP (minor is possesion [of alcohol]) for going to homecoming with a
.05 bac. being drunk is considered being in possession of alcohol in michigan i guess. check with your friends who got an MIC but I think you'll be fine. usually the court will give you a prohbation term for your first offense.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #14
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

Arizona gets raped by UNC and you get a MIC, your life blows, just end it already
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing
Arizona gets raped by UNC and you get a MIC, your life blows, just end it already
+

LOL the suns are still on a 17 game winning streak and i just got a new car...so things arent that bad lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: