Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #301
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Default Re: Week 6 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Well, honestly, the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins aren't exactly what you'd even call good teams. I'd even say calling them decent is pushing it. Saying none of them would win more than 5 games was stupid, but all three are still pretty mediocre teams. Fortunately for them, the Patriots have had some problems and the division is still up for grabs with 10 games to go.

The toughest games New England have left are Houston and San Francisco, but those are home games. Other than that, they've got a bunch of pretty "meh" opponents. I could see them going something like 8-2 or 7-3 to finish 11-5 or 10-6.
Dolphins aren't in the bottom 7 teams I would think they are closer to decent than to mediocre looking at the way they've played the entire season and results. Neither are the jets especially if they didn't get bombarded by injuries
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #302
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Dolphins aren't in the bottom 7 teams I would think they are closer to decent than to mediocre looking at the way they've played the entire season and results. Neither are the jets especially if they didn't get bombarded by injuries

A decent team would be a 9-7 type team. I'd have to look at their schedules, but I can't seem either Miami or New York doing much better than 7-9 or 8-8 and that's the very definition of mediocre.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #303
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Didn't catch game, but bench Vick.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #304
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
A decent team would be a 9-7 type team. I'd have to look at their schedules, but I can't seem either Miami or New York doing much better than 7-9 or 8-8 and that's the very definition of mediocre.
no it's not that's a bad to decent team. Mediocre would be anything under 6-10 8-8 teams mean they could of been 1 win to make the playoffs and overall a good competitive team at least. The Giants last year were much better then just a "decent" team don't know why you make so much of records especially this early in the season pretty retarded logic so basically if giants lose to dallas last year in the last game of the season their all of the sudden mediocre but if they win they are champs. I look past the record and actually see for more indepth potential. Also in bold is the reason why they play the game rather then do future "simulations"

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 10-14-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #305
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Speaking of FF, Shonn Greene got me 34 points today. Unbelievable.

FU, my RBs got me a combined 4 points!
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #306
jazz873
College star

lets gooo
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #307
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
no it's not that's a bad to decent team. Mediocre would be anything under 6-10 8-8 teams mean they could of been 1 win to make the playoffs and overall a good competitive team at least. The Giants last year were much better then just a "decent" team don't know why you make so much of records especially this early in the season pretty retarded logic so basically if giants lose to dallas last year in the last game of the season their all of the sudden mediocre but if they win they are champs. I look past the record and actually see for more indepth potential. Also in bold is the reason why they play the game rather then do future "simulations"

Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean they're automatically good or even decent. I know every once in awhile a 9-7 team will make the playofs and make a run, but it doesn't mean they were good teams during the regular season. Besides, the Dolphins with a rookie QB and the Jets with a mess at QB and even bigger mess at RB and WR just aren't good. They both have a lot of holes and, even if they end up going 8-8 or 9-7, I still wouldn't be looking at them and calling them anything more than mediocre unless something drastically changes in how they win games.

And those Giants teams were much different than what either the Dolphins or Jets would be at 8-8 or 9-7. The Giants had an elite QB, lethal receiving duo, and a really good pass-rush. The Dolphins have a rookie QB, bad receiving core, and a solid running game with a solid defense. The Jets are jsut a big mess on both sides of the ball. They did look good today but, let's be real, the Colts really suck. I was more impressed with how they looked in a loss to the Texans last week than how they looked in a win today.

Last edited by KG215 : 10-14-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #308
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
FU, my RBs got me a combined 4 points!

Ouch. Who'd you start? I thought Lynch and Ridley combining or 8 points was bad.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #309
jazz873
College star

Rodgers has been missing alot of those this year
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #310
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Have a feeling this is going to be a Packers blowout
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #311
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Jordy
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #312
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Quote:
Well, honestly, the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins aren't exactly what you'd even call good teams. I'd even say calling them decent is pushing it. Saying none of them would win more than 5 games was stupid, but all three are still pretty mediocre teams. Fortunately for them, the Patriots have had some problems and the division is still up for grabs with 10 games to go.

The toughest games New England have left are Houston and San Francisco, but those are home games. Other than that, they've got a bunch of pretty "meh" opponents. I could see them going something like 8-2 or 7-3 to finish 11-5 or 10-6.

its week 6 you cant determine how good a team is yet. Lets not forget the Cards looked like the seconding coming of revis christ 2 weeks ago
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #313
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean they're automatically good or even decent. I know every once in awhile a 9-7 team will make the playofs and make a run, but it doesn't mean they were good teams during the regular season. Besides, the Dolphins with a rookie QB and the Jets with a mess at QB and even bigger mess at RB and WR just aren't good. They both have a lot of holes and, even if they end up going 8-8 or 9-7, I still wouldn't be looking at them and calling them anything more than mediocre unless something drastically changes in how they win games.

And those Giants teams were much different than what either the Dolphins or Jets would be at 8-8 or 9-7. The Giants had an elite QB, lethal receiving duo, and a really good pass-rush. The Dolphins have a rookie QB, bad receiving core, and a solid running game with a solid defense. The Jets are jsut a big mess on both sides of the ball. They did look good today but, let's be real, the Colts really suck. I was more impressed with how they looked in a loss to the Texans last week than how they looked in a win today.

Then that's pretty average and could beat any team on any giving sunday some would be upsets but it wouldn't be like last years browns beating the packers. Maybe if our Rookie QB was playing like a bust but he isn't he's been playing really well and I disagree with the first bold if they made the playoffs they deserve it and were at least good I don't see how you could call them mediocre

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 10-14-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #314
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
its week 6 you cant determine how good a team is yet. Lets not forget the Cards looked like the seconding coming of revis christ 2 weeks ago
Agreed remember the bills last year around this time of the year
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #315
jazz873
College star

Clay has been very good against the run
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: