Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #46
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Default Re: Week 6 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Listening to Brees talk, the Saints are done. He keeps saying how much they are unaffected by their coach not being there and the suspensions, etc. but he brings these things up unprompted, or if asked a question gives a ten minute speech on it. That team has a shit defense, and their team leader has completely psyched himself out with all the bounty stuff. He said this morning he doesn't pay any attention, but after he read through all the new information he detail he found the following strange, and proceded to list one by one. That team is DONE.

Their defense cannot stay this bad. They made strides at the end of their last game, if this defense even got to the point where they were a little below average, this team would be at least .500 right now.

That's how awful they are.

I believe they will be 9-7 to 10-6.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #47
ihoopallday
King James

Great game! I think I'd want to be a kicker or punter if I was in the NFL. I couldn't handle those hits every other position gets.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #48
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Great game! I think I'd want to be a kicker or punter if I was in the NFL. I couldn't handle those hits every other position gets.

I'd be a kicker or punter as well or the backup for Peyton (before the injury in Indy). A good kicker can be in the league for 15-20 years and then go be a coach or analyst. No concussions and long term crippling injuries is a plus.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #49
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Their defense cannot stay this bad. They made strides at the end of their last game, if this defense even got to the point where they were a little below average, this team would be at least .500 right now.

That's how awful they are.

I believe they will be 9-7 to 10-6.
I don't think so, i'd lean more toward 8-8 or 7-9. At some point you are what you are. They should have lost the last game, the score that would have put them down 2 scores was brought back by a bullshit roughing call.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #50
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'd be a kicker or punter as well or the backup for Peyton (before the injury in Indy). A good kicker can be in the league for 15-20 years and then go be a coach or analyst. No concussions and long term crippling injuries is a plus.

Problem is you are one kick away from losing your job.

Jason Hanson has it pretty good for example. Makes 2.5 million this year and has been in the league for 20 years. He's probably made somewhere close to 20 million in his lifetime. Not bad.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
niko
I Run NY.

I've been thinking that maybe Tim Tebow throws the ball all over because he has too much pent up energy. He should get laid, let that out, and he'll be much calmer and the motion better.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #52
niko
I Run NY.

Michael Vick is carrying a football around the practice facility at all times and teammates are trying to surprise him and knock the ball out of his hands.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #53
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Quote:
Michael Vick is carrying a football around the practice facility at all times and teammates are trying to surprise him and knock the ball out of his hands.

Last edited by FreezingTsmoove : 10-12-2012 at 08:09 PM.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #54
niko
I Run NY.

Jim Harbaugh is nuts (albeit in a good I wouldn't mind him coaching my team at all way). Gilbride on the Giants made a "working the refs" type Phil Jackson comment about one of the 49er defenders. Total bullshit make you roll your eyes thing - but innocuous. Said he held. Not saying he should be suspended or anything. Harbaugh was a bit less measured...

In a statement released by the team Friday, Harbaugh said, "Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy.

"Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Yes, our coaching staff's sole purpose is to influence officiating.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

BTW, does Vick not have people who counsel him? What is the wisdom of him getting a dog? I'm not saying he shouldn't, i'm asking why he would? Why invite the media to discuss himself and dogs? Does he want that conversation revisted? Does he not have enough to do?

It's clearly not a big deal but is his life so wonderful that he thought it a good time to revisit what happened before and get the PETA nuts, etc. watching him again? If that were me, i'd never want to deal with any of those people again if i could avoid it.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #56
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
BTW, does Vick not have people who counsel him? What is the wisdom of him getting a dog? I'm not saying he shouldn't, i'm asking why he would? Why invite the media to discuss himself and dogs? Does he want that conversation revisted? Does he not have enough to do?

It's clearly not a big deal but is his life so wonderful that he thought it a good time to revisit what happened before and get the PETA nuts, etc. watching him again? If that were me, i'd never want to deal with any of those people again if i could avoid it.

He didn't voluntarily tell people. He posted a pic of his daughter on twitter and there was an open milkbones box in the back. He deleted the pic and posted a similar one without the milkbones. Then the questions came and he wouldn't address it and instead issued a statement a day letter.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #57
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
He didn't voluntarily tell people. He posted a pic of his daughter on twitter and there was an open milkbones box in the back. He deleted the pic and posted a similar one without the milkbones. Then the questions came and he wouldn't address it and instead issued a statement a day letter.
No, why have a dog. Just don't have one. Don't feed the fire. I am in no way saying i think he shouldn't have one but i wouldn't just so on game day i didn't have to answer questions about dogs. Take the easier path sometimes. VICK YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR A TOUGH GAME, DO YOU THINK OWNING A DOG MEANS YOU MOVED ON FROM YOUR BRUTAL CRIME? SHOULD YOU OWN A DOG?

Who would want to talk about that? He's feeding the people who have an agenda.

Not a big deal. Just struck me as silly to possibly have to deal with the PETA nuts again after all he's already done.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #58
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Problem is you are one kick away from losing your job.

Jason Hanson has it pretty good for example. Makes 2.5 million this year and has been in the league for 20 years. He's probably made somewhere close to 20 million in his lifetime. Not bad.
My favorite player of alltime. He started kicking in the NFL the year I was born
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #59
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Quote:
I don't think so, i'd lean more toward 8-8 or 7-9. At some point you are what you are. They should have lost the last game, the score that would have put them down 2 scores was brought back by a bullshit roughing call.
I feel you. My thing is that their defense is just so awful, sometimes I wonder if they even prepared. For some reason I cannot see them staying this bad for a whole season, but they have before. Brees can only do so much for this team.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #60
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
No, why have a dog. Just don't have one. Don't feed the fire. I am in no way saying i think he shouldn't have one but i wouldn't just so on game day i didn't have to answer questions about dogs. Take the easier path sometimes. VICK YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR A TOUGH GAME, DO YOU THINK OWNING A DOG MEANS YOU MOVED ON FROM YOUR BRUTAL CRIME? SHOULD YOU OWN A DOG?

Who would want to talk about that? He's feeding the people who have an agenda.

Not a big deal. Just struck me as silly to possibly have to deal with the PETA nuts again after all he's already done.
Vick has always talked about his kids wanting a dog and how he feels that shouldn't be taken from them. Why punish his kids for a crime he already paid for?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: