Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Jeremy Lin: Still Not 100% Back From Minor Knee Surgery

Quote:
Though he has not had any setbacks or missed practice time, Jeremy Lin acknowledged on Tuesday that he is still working his way back from last season’s knee injury.

Lin had always maintained that he was 100 percent healthy, though Rockets coach Kevin McHale had often spoke about Lin’s comeback. On Tuesday, Lin said he expected to be at full speed in time for the Oct. 31 opener, but was not there yet and does not expect to play extensively in the preseason opener.

“My speed and my explosiveness and my agility (are not) there yet,” Lin said. “I’m still trying to recover from knee surgery and get to where I was pre-surgery. I probably won’t get to play too much. Hopefully, as the preseason goes on I’ll get to play more and more to build that endurance.”

Surgery has a typical 6 week recovery time. 6 months later he is still not 100%. Knicks were right to get rid of this guy.
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
mark
Great young streetballer

mark has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jeremy Lin: Still Not 100% Back From Minor Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Surgery has a typical 6 week recovery time. 6 months later he is still not 100%. Knicks were right to get rid of this guy.

It makes no sense at all, to sign this guy for that ridiculous amount, when he was fighting for a minimum salary not too long ago. Knicks were smart indeed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

I'm not sure this guy has any intention of ever playing basketball again.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
mark
Great young streetballer

mark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I'm not sure this guy has any intention of ever playing basketball again.

he got a huge payday. He marketed himself, he is rich, now he has nothing to prove. This from playing a handful of NBA games. Knicks get the last laugh.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

teams always put out BS excuses, whether real or not to avoid putting a player into unncesscary risk in the preseason and training camp. especially if the player is coming off an injury.

non story. shit thread. dumb op
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Lin spent all off season in the midst of working harder than any human has ever worked to become better, right? (Cleverly disguised as a promotional tour and vacation.)

He shouldn't still not be ok from that surgery, it wasn't minor but it was a month or two type thing, not a 6 month thing.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Minor knee surgery?

Huge payday?

Miliking the hell out of his fame and paychecks. No reason he shouldn't be ready by now.

Weak genetics?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Minor knee surgery?

Huge payday?

Miliking the hell out of his fame and paychecks. No reason he shouldn't be ready by now.

Weak genetics?
i personally think he's trying to lower expectations.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Rolando
High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Just trying to keep expectations low and realistic. I am interested in seeing how he plays. I hope he is good.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

He's not built to play a full nba season. Also, he sucks anyway..
Knicks made a smart move, Lmao at all the retards on here bagging them for not resigning this bum.
Didn't any of you see chalmers expose him? Then he sat out of the first round to secure a payday... Enjoy him rockets
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lin is such a hype train, it’s ridiculous.

Quote:

Lowering his expectations or maybe he’s just not THAT passionate about playing basketball now after all that hype ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I remember you said at the time he was dogging it and could play. I remember arguing with you. At that time i wasn't aware then that 4 more months later he'd still be saying his knee is not letting him play.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
BlitzForce
Kids at the park dunk on me

BlitzForce has an OK reputation so far

Gee people - way to twist his words, and knee!!!

His knee is fine, otherwise he wouldn't be dunking and what not.
He is talking about his BBall timing and getting back into 5 on 5, NBA BBall shape - at least his opinion of where he is at
Chris Paul had the same surgery and took him a good part of the season to get back to where he was

From a few days ago - Does that look like he has knee issues?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yARq5GsRC0

Last edited by BlitzForce : 10-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
BlitzForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzForce
Gee people - way to twist his words, and knee!!!

His knee is fine, otherwise he wouldn't be dunking and what not.
He is talking about his BBall timing and getting back into 5 on 5, NBA BBall shape - at least his opinion of where he is at
Chris Paul had the same surgery and took him a good part of the season to get back to where he was

From a few days ago - Does that look like he has knee issues?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yARq5GsRC0

The quotes we are discussing are from Lin who specifically says he's not fully back from knee surgery. Are you saying he's lying? Because HE said it's his knee, not anyone here.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
TonyD
High School Varsity 12th Man

TonyD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i personally think he's trying to lower expectations.

I'm inclined to agree.
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: