Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
"I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said. "I thought I would never compare somebody to Michael Jordan. But this guy, LeBron James, he does everything well. Michael did everything well. LeBron James is just bigger, stronger, faster. That's the only difference."

Barkley makes his comments on the first episode of NBA TV's "Open Court," to debut Tuesday at 11 p.m. ET. The series features a round-table discussion of NBA TV and TNT commentators. They include Shaquille O'Neal, Reggie Miller, Kenny Smith, Steve Smith, Chris Webber, Steve Kerr and Ernie Johnson.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/84...michael-jordan
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

He can pass Jordan, but I'm sure he isn't passing KOBE!
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Lebron is not faster than Jordan.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Ruutu
High school junior varsity star

Ruutu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
He can pass Jordan, but I'm sure he isn't passing KOBE!
U are right!
Ruutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Hoiids
Decent playground baller

Hoiids has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik

Hoiids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

theres another "open court" season?

swwwwweet
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

You're a ****ing idiot if you don't think LeBron can pass Jordan.

Also, I love Open Court. Gonna DVR this whole season. good lookin out OP.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Yes he CAN, that doesn't make it likely
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You know, I don't have anything against LeBron, but people need to chill out...

There are four active players with GOAT potential (Kobe, Duncan, LeBron, Durant), though it's extremely unlikely that any of them will pull it off. Kobe and Duncan have done the most, but have fewer opportunities remaining. Durant has done some great things since coming into the league, but it's too difficult to project what's going to happen. LeBron has a shot as well, but he just won his first championship and there's a lot of uncertainty with regards to how many more he can win.

Just my $0.02...
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii

There are four active players with GOAT potential (Kobe, Duncan, LeBron, Durant), though it's extremely unlikely that any of them will pull it off. Kobe and Duncan have done the most, but have fewer opportunities remaining. Durant has done some great things since coming into the league, but it's too difficult to project what's going to happen. LeBron has a shot as well, but he just won his first championship and there's a lot of uncertainty with regards to how many more he can win.

Just my $0.02...

Huh? I think there's no chance Kobe and Duncan can become GOAT unless they all of a sudden become greater players then they ever were and keep it up for a few years.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Huh? I think there's no chance Kobe and Duncan can become GOAT unless they all of a sudden become greater players then they ever were and keep it up for a few years.

If either of them won FMVP (legitimately) then it would be a discussion at least.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

Lebron may be bigger, faster, and stronger and all that. But he sure as hell isn't going to better than Jordan.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii

Just my $0.02...

I think you can realistically cross Kobe and Duncan off that list. Unless they can improve upon their prime selfs - which I find unlikely - and somehow maintain that for 3-4 years, or continue their current level for another 10, I don't see it happening.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

so barkley believes bron can win 7 rings as the man?
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: