Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #61
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lebron "Clutchness": Let's take a walk down the memory lane

Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #62
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

You guys can say what you want, how great he is now, but can you deny his past? Can you deny the videos, the news articles, all that?

You can't, because it was true, it happened, and everyone talked about it.

So lebron fans need to cut their act out thinking he's clutch, invincible and even comparable to MJ and stuff. It's just not in him.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #63
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
You guys can say what you want, how great he is now, but can you deny his past? Can you deny the videos, the news articles, all that?

You can't, because it was true, it happened, and everyone talked about it.

So lebron fans need to cut their act out thinking he's clutch, invincible and even comparable to MJ and stuff. It's just not in him.

There are articles calling Magic Johnson a choker, yet you ask anyone here that didn't actually watch the games at the time, or read articles at the time, and they all say he was clutch. That is what he is remembered as, despite certain opinions being different at the time.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #64
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
There are articles calling Magic Johnson a choker, yet you ask anyone here that didn't actually watch the games at the time, or read articles at the time, and they all say he was clutch. That is what he is remembered as, despite certain opinions being different at the time.
Yes, seeing as most people here- Lebron fans mostly- forgot about his Cavs days where he refused to take the last shot daily, all his unclutch moments and I had to make this thread, I see your point.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #65
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yes, seeing as most people here- Lebron fans mostly- forgot about his Cavs days where he refused to take the last shot daily, all his unclutch moments and I had to make this thread, I see your point.

Didn't he have several game winners in his first playoff series?

I remember as a Heat fan whenever the Cavs would come play after the 05-06 season (when he started taking over games), I literally always felt Lebron would get them back into the game if we weren't up by enough in the 4th quarter. And I was usually right...
I don't know why you want to push this notion that he isn't clutch; actually its probably because of your disdain for him. But the fact is, you're pretty wrong about it. Yeah, he's failed, but he usually comes up with the goods and cookies. I'm a Heat fan, and I have no complaints with how he performs in 4th quarters or when it matters.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #66
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:

That happened in the playoffs against the Pistons when Lebron passed to D Marshall for an open shot in game 3 or something. And two games later Lebron had the last laugh when he made 9 clutch shots (yup, 9 of them) in Game 5.

And it wasn't even that of a bad of a play...but it was the ECF and he was the most hyped athlete since young Tiger Woods so of course people were going to dissect it.

It happened once or twice. Definitely not "daily". Wtf.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #67
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

He was pretty clutch pre-2010 against Boston.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #68
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

Love it when Lebron fans start reaching, posting bullsh*t, trying to put it over as facts. Yeah right. The only person who remembers Magic like that are morons like you, reaching trying to prop up Lebron.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #69
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

His own Heat teammate, Chris Bosh, AGREES

http://www.businessinsider.com/miami...nd-shot-2012-1

Quote:
GQ: Quick hypothetical, toes aside: Let's say the game was tied. 10 seconds left. You had 30 points, LeBron's got 30, and Wade's got 30. You got the same amount of rebounds, same amount of assists—having the same great game. Who takes the shot at the end to either win or loose the game.
Chris Bosh: [immediately] Dwyane.

GQ: Why?
Chris Bosh: Because of his success in the past, given what he's done. He's a champ. He's an MVP, and he's hit a bunch of last-second shots. That's the time you have to put pride aside a little bit, and do what's best for the team. He's quickest, and he's gonna get a shot off. He relishes those moments.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #70
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
That happened in the playoffs against the Pistons when Lebron passed to D Marshall for an open shot in game 3 or something. And two games later Lebron had the last laugh when he made 9 clutch shots (yup, 9 of them) in Game 5.

And it wasn't even that of a bad of a play...but it was the ECF and he was the most hyped athlete since young Tiger Woods so of course people were going to dissect it.

It happened once or twice. Definitely not "daily". Wtf.
You must have not followed Lebron in his Cavs days. It happened DAILY during the regular season. Then it happened in the playoffs and it was magnified - that's probably why you only know that one. Then it happened in the Allstar game where Kobe ridiculed him, and the media dropped like 20 articles about it on him. Then shortly after that, he did it in the game against Jazz, his teammate missed, and they lost the game and he got ridiculed again.

Anyone following the NBA or his career knows it's not once or twice. I didn't make all of this up.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #71
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Rip is easily the most pathetic poster on ISH outside of RG. It's getting sad how butthurt he is over LeBron winning he literally CAN'T STOP whining about it.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #72
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Rip is easily the most pathetic poster on ISH outside of RG. It's getting sad how butthurt he is over LeBron winning he literally CAN'T STOP whining about it.
Say what you want, but can you deny the facts I put forward? I don't argue based on my presumptions, or what I feel. I put forward my case with videos, real NBA footage, interview from other NBA players, and tons of articles written by sports editors. They wouldn't exist for no reason would they?

That's probably why you are attacking me instead of facing what I put forward. It's the unbearable truth. I'm a honest man, I speak the truth.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #73
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Say what you want, but can you deny the facts I put forward? I don't argue based on my presumptions, or what I feel. I put forward my case with videos, real NBA footage, interview from other NBA players, and tons of articles written by sports editors. They wouldn't exist for no reason would they?

That's probably why you are attacking me instead of facing what I put forward. It's the unbearable truth. I'm a honest man, I speak the truth.

People attack you because you're a god damned moron. What is the purpose of reminding posters shit that is basic trivia? We all know Lebron has had his shortcommings. You do realize, though, he just came off a championship playing at an all-time level right? Or were you in a Kobetard induced coma?
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #74
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
What is the purpose of reminding posters shit that is basic trivia? We all know Lebron has had his shortcommings.
Not really, most of you act like he's some god, playing the purest form of basketball ever, and we should cherish his every move.
Lebron fans like yourself also believe he is this clutch character, and acted like none of the things I posted existed. It's cool if you acknowledge the past, then this thread is not for you. It's for the deluded lebron fans.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #75
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Not really, most of you act like he's some god, playing the purest form of basketball ever, and we should cherish his every move.
Lebron fans like yourself also believe he is this clutch character, and acted like none of the things I posted existed. It's cool if you acknowledge the past, then this thread is not for you. It's for the deluded lebron fans.

Saying he had a legendary postseason isn't acting like he's "some God". You're clutching at straws. Everyone knows about his past. The problem is you're fixated on it and refuse to move on; most people have.

Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy : 10-11-2012 at 03:23 AM.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: