Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kobe injured - strained shoulder:

From Kobe's facebook less than an hour ago:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
I have a strained shoulder from a dunk in practice. I'm out for a day or so but that's it. Nothing serious at all.

Here I am before practice yesterday--during a therapy on my shoulder--with a surprise visitor. The Great Elgin Baylor! This is the Laker legend I learned my rocker step move from. His number 22 hangs in the rafters of Staples along with the other Laker legends. This is one of the great things about being with the Lakers, you never know which NBA great will pop in for a chat.

And can anyone show me specifically what his rocker step move is?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Kobe injured - strained shoulder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Rocker step is out of the triple threat. You jab stop, rock it or stutter lead foot to confuse the defender. And then blow bye him.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Rocker step is out of the triple threat. You jab stop, rock it or stutter lead foot to confuse the defender. And then blow bye him.
Thanks, any clips of him doing it on YT?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Thanks, any clips of him doing it on YT?
Kobe Bryant - Greatness Personified

By our very own Alborz / KB42PAH / AlphaWolf24

There is a clip of him v.s. the Raptors in 2008, and it zeroes in on his footwork.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Kobe Bryant - Greatness Personified

By our very own Alborz / KB42PAH / AlphaWolf24

There is a clip of him v.s. the Raptors in 2008, and it zeroes in on his footwork.

that aint me son...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

and it begins. Father time lakers are going to have a long season.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT

I'm sure that's what people like yourself will be hoping... The guys who have been struggling with lnjures and recovering from them has been the younger guys.

Btw young teams don't win titles...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I'm sure that's what people like yourself will be hoping... The guys who have been struggling with lnjures and recovering from them has been the younger guys.

Btw young teams don't win titles...
Young teams don't, experience / battle tested wins. The Lakers can win, obviously. Their roster is the most stacked in the league.

But the injury thing should cause for concern. He's had a foot, and shoulder problem all within a few days.

Or are these small examples just an excuse to sit old man Kobe out every other day of practice? I'm guessing the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
that aint me son..
I hope you wouldn't be. Because then I would have to clown you for stalking, spying, and cornering your hero Kobe in a men's restroom, begging to take a picture just after he finished zipping his mamba up.

You do have a striking resemblance in posting style and opinion to him. Or a troll version of Fatal9. Which he briefly dabbled in for awhile back in the day.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers

Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Young teams don't, experience / battle tested wins. The Lakers can win, obviously. Their roster is the most stacked in the league.

But the injury thing should cause for concern. He's had a foot, and shoulder problem all within a few days.

Or are these small examples just an excuse to sit old man Kobe out every other day of practice? I'm guessing the last one.

He said if it was a regular season game he would be playing.
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
From Kobe's facebook less than an hour ago:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

From Triple Threat:

1.Jab step/ball fake.....but don't pull back your foot/leg(the one that jabs) (this fakes your defender and hopefully creates space)

2.Keeping your Jap foot down......Bring the Ball and your shoulder back to Triple threat/your chest.

3.If the defender moves from your original Jab step....then he may close the didtance back up when you bring the ball back to your chest.....when he closes the distance back....you go past him using/planting off that original foot that you jabbed with.

It's pretty much using that first step to make the defender back up....when the defender backs up and then tries to get close again , you can blow past them without taking anothor step ( since you keep your first step planted) saves time and creates space.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT

You conveniently seem to be forgetting Wade has his own health issues going on right now
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

I hope you wouldn't be. Because then I would have to clown you for stalking, spying, and cornering your hero Kobe in a men's restroom, begging to take a picture just after he finished zipping his mamba up.

You do have a striking resemblance in posting style and opinion to him. Or a troll version of Fatal9. Which he briefly dabbled in for awhile back in the day.

you done interwebzed yourself wetalldid...

"striking resemblance in posting style and opinion to him. "...

turn off your computer and get some sun.

next
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: