Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #16
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is this a crazy perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
The irony here is that such a regulation would lead to the end of so many necessary programs the right often complains about being taxed for. The excessive spending wouldn't be possible without all the people that require you to spend that money.

Seems a lot of the right would rather there simply be a clear distinction between the haves and the haves-not, and the haves-not have nothing because they are lazy or don't deserve more. This seems to be the common echo i hear when it comes to the right arguing taxes and regulation. As opposed to doing something that prevents there even being a group of haves-not in the first place.

Those necessary programs are almost exclusively put in when the left is in power to put in further regulations.
You can't regulate everything. What choices will there be left as humans?People constantly complain about nothing changing, and its due to the fact of more government power as time passes.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't want full blown communism, but I don't mind being close to it. I just want a bunch of stuff socialized.

Care to elaborate further? What things in particular?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me

matt1016 has decent reputation

I'm against this for the same reason I am anti death penalty. The controls would be abused by the people in power and would lead to horrific unintended consequences.

Would I like to be able to stop crackheads from reproducing? yep
Am I in favor of the electric chair for child molesters? yep

Do I trust any government to administer these processes correctly? nope

Besides, what if there was a serious outbreak of disease like a super swine flu? We might need people to get busy and repopulate but oops, I don't have the key to unlock my penile sheath. Or take the pill or whatever they come up with to keep me from doing the deed.
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
by nature, it is in fact a birthright to be able to procreate.

not everyone should have offspring but every living being in this planet has the natural right to do so.

its inhumane to try to regulate what is specifically a birthright.

it is more a crime to abolish the right to procreate than to allow those that have an ability to continue doing so.

OP is self absorbed and egotistical to believe that he has the right to dictate who can and cannot reproduce to the point of altering human beings genetics. We talking Nazi stuff here.. not that American and the world isnt capability of that sort of 1984 tribulations.

Im well aware that these things have happened and will continue to happen.. just saying personally I wouldnt like that type of oppression.

please explain how it is a Birthright??

and if we are overpopulated and destroying our planet then it absolutley should be regulated.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

and if we are overpopulated and destroying our planet then it absolutley should be regulated.

By whom? To whom do you give this power over the creation of life? The government is already way too involved in our personal business.

WTF is up with this board? Being liberal and left-leaning is one thing but to start advocating autocratic methods to bring about the greater good is just downright scary.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

Anatomically.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Anatomically.

I was gonna make the same argument, then realised we're anatomically built that we can kill each other, but is it our birthright to kill eachother?
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
by nature, it is in fact a birthright to be able to procreate.

not everyone should have offspring but every living being in this planet has the natural right to do so.

its inhumane to try to regulate what is specifically a birthright.

it is more a crime to abolish the right to procreate than to allow those that have an ability to continue doing so.

OP is self absorbed and egotistical to believe that he has the right to dictate who can and cannot reproduce to the point of altering human beings genetics. We talking Nazi stuff here.. not that American and the world isnt capability of that sort of 1984 tribulations.

Im well aware that these things have happened and will continue to happen.. just saying personally I wouldnt like that type of oppression.
This.

Long story ****ing short, things of this nature (euthanasia, maybe even Cap. P.) is problematic because it's like a gateway for the inhumane practises. Once you say yes to some minor thing, it opens up and leads to very real issues. It's relative to say who can live and who cannot and it inevitably gets nazi.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
By whom? To whom do you give this power over the creation of life? The government is already way too involved in our personal business.

WTF is up with this board? Being liberal and left-leaning is one thing but to start advocating autocratic methods to bring about the greater good is just downright scary.

As odd as it sounds, i'm actually surprised more people aren't supportive of this idea. There is the obvious problem of figuring out how it would be regulated and by whom, but at the least the idea itself is a good one. If you automatically feel something can't work due to how our government operates today, then of course it seems like a bad idea. But lets assume this idea is just one step in the many steps we take to reshaping our world.

Creating life should not be an ability we take lightly. We abuse it the same way we abuse anything that comes easy in this world, to the point where it becomes a detriment to ourselves and others, as well as the only planet we can call home. This is what procreating has become, an abuse on others.

As much as people complain about welfare recipients and others not carrying their share of the load in this country or that country, i'd expect them to want to do anything to create a peaceful end to these problems. It seems most would rather we take away all the welfare and need of government and just have a wild west shoot out, as oppose to a solution where most of the population isn'r down trotted, depressed and hungry.

I could see if my idea was to limit it to certain races or something limited in that nature, but its not. People would just need to prove they are fit to be parents, guide and take care of their child. The majority of children born into the world today aren't born from parents that have the ability to care for the child, which results in a bad upbringing, in which the world around that individual suffers the consequences.

Last edited by Loneshot : 10-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Yes. And if you want to stop population growth or irresponsible parents, just have the government stop paying for them
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
Hittin_Shots

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Just cull mother fks like they do when an animal population gets out of hand and they are at risk of starvation due to excess populatin. Like the giant koalas in kangaroo island.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Yes. And if you want to stop population growth or irresponsible parents, just have the government stop paying for them

Plenty of governments around the world don't pay for the poor to survive, but that doesn't stop the poor population from grossly outnumbering the non-poor.

People are going to sex, and do it without protection. The humane thing we can do for these children is not let them be born to parents who didn't mean to have them and don't want to take a pill or have an abortion because its against their spiritual belief.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
Hittin_Shots

Quote:
Plenty of governments around the world don't pay for the poor to survive, but that doesn't stop the poor population from grossly outnumbering the non-poor.

People are going to sex, and do it without protection. The humane thing we can do for these children is not let them be born to parents who didn't mean to have them and don't want to take a pill or have an abortion because its against their spiritual belief.

Just implement an abortion patrol that goes around kicking poor pregnant women in the stomach, problem solved.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As odd as it sounds, i'm actually surprised more people aren't supportive of this idea. There is the obvious problem of figuring out how it would be regulated and by whom, but at the least the idea itself is a good one. If you automatically feel something can't work due to how our government operates today, then of course it seems like a bad idea. But lets assume this idea is just one step in the many steps we take to reshaping our world.

Creating life should not be an ability we take lightly. We abuse it the same way we abuse anything that comes easy in this world, to the point where it becomes a detriment to ourselves and others, as well as the only planet we can call home. This is what procreating has become, an abuse on others.

As much as people complain about welfare recipients and others not carrying their share of the load in this country or that country, i'd expect them to want to do anything to create a peaceful end to these problems. It seems most would rather we take away all the welfare and need of government and just have a wild west shoot out, as oppose to a solution where most of the population isn'r down trotted, depressed and hungry.

I could see if my idea was to limit it to certain races or something limited in that nature, but its not. People would just need to prove they are fit to be parents, guide and take care of their child. The majority of children born into the world today aren't born from parents that have the ability to care for the child, which results in a bad upbringing, in which the world around that individual suffers the consequences.
Dawg,

I'd love to neg you bad but it wouldn't be pegagogic.

We have a saying, it goes like "road to hell is built on well-intentions". Now you even admit you can see it as racist and wrong. That's a start.

You know the issue on abortion? And why it is an issue? Because there's no definitive say where's a killing of a baby and where it's a neccessary surgery. As well as there's no definition, when the human starts - at birth, at conception or somewhere in between.

Such issues exist for a quite some time now, and it's always a fight between the church, pro-lifers and those who say it's woman's right to choose (and also many others. They do exist for a reason, and one cannot say who's right and who's wrong. It's very relative and both sides have valid arguments for that. So... Yeah. Discussion about life/death is not to be taken lightly; the position we take is going to shape our society and life we're living. Thinking of side-effects of such discrimination is horrible enough, let alone the idea of letting somebody reproduce and forbidding somebody from doing it.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Dawg,

I'd love to neg you bad but it wouldn't be pegagogic.

We have a saying, it goes like "road to hell is built on well-intentions". Now you even admit you can see it as racist and wrong. That's a start.

You know the issue on abortion? And why it is an issue? Because there's no definitive say where's a killing of a baby and where it's a neccessary surgery. As well as there's no definition, when the human starts - at birth, at conception or somewhere in between.

Such issues exist for a quite some time now, and it's always a fight between the church, pro-lifers and those who say it's woman's right to choose (and also many others. They do exist for a reason, and one cannot say who's right and who's wrong. It's very relative and both sides have valid arguments for that. So... Yeah. Discussion about life/death is not to be taken lightly; the position we take is going to shape our society and life we're living. Thinking of side-effects of such discrimination is horrible enough, let alone the idea of letting somebody reproduce and forbidding somebody from doing it.

So you will simply choose to ignore the problem of the world further crumbling due to a grossly imbalanced population because people can't get their conscience in check about right or wrong when it comes to abortion? So instead, lets just have the child be born into a family with no love, care, or the means to accommodate his/her presence. No one ask to be born despite being appreciative of life after birth, so it our responsibility as parents and society as a whole to make sure any person brought into this life has a fair chance at having a life not filled with misfortune due to the flaws of their parents. How can you or anyone not see this?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: