Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Stevestone Nash...good to see fans support him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Well, for the most part, the Lakers "fans" that will start blaming a player if the Lakers don't do as well as expected aren't really Lakers fans. It'll more than likely be the resident Kobe stans. They're easy to pick out. They're the ones who always downplay just how good and dominant Shaq was during the 3-peat and downplay the significance and impact Gasol had in '09 and '10.

so if Steve Nash doesn't play to his standards then he shouldn't be called out? Not saying that you're this particular type of poster but there are so many people that believe Kobe's is literally to blame for every loss and somehow his teammates are flawless basketball beings.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #17
coin24
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Thank you stupid Phoenix for Nash.

coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
so if Steve Nash doesn't play to his standards then he shouldn't be called out? Not saying that you're this particular type of poster but there are so many people that believe Kobe's is literally to blame for every loss and somehow his teammates are flawless basketball beings.

Of course he should, but if the Lakers don't win it all or get beat before even reaching the Finals, there will be posters placing all of the blame on everyone but Kobe. There will also be posters putting all the blame on Kobe, I'm aware of that. But I was pointing out that the Lakers "fans" that do things like significantly downplay Shaq and Gasol and put all the blame on Kobe's teammates are, 99.9% of the time, Kobe stans, not Lakers fans.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

steve deserves to be welcomed better than with some shitty keystone light. i am disappoint, socal
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

if anything. Suns and Nash respected each other and thought it was time to move forward, respectively. the Suns organisation assisted Steve in his wishes after all the dimes he served in Phoenix for all his 10 seasons. Steve had his thoughts on his family and the chance at a ring, the Suns agreed with that.

trading him to a division rival, no Suns fans like it. but we loved Steve and know this team can't award Steve's commitment with a ring in a Sun uniform in the near future. and with their 2 stars hitting the age of 40, the era has ended and it's time to move away. it's shit in many senses but you got to respect both the decision of Nash and the Suns organisation as a whole.

Suns respected the Lakers as a franchise with much success in their history, sending Nash there, while we know we are getting almost a zero in return, would give him the best chance to achieve a ring, not just to ride Kobe as what casual Lakers fans would suggest, for Nash is still more than capable to contribute to their success.

Respect the players, teams and their fan bases as the era closes. likewise for Kobe, he's not gonna play forever. no need to act like asses.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #21
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingby3's
if anything. Suns and Nash respected each other and thought it was time to move forward, respectively. the Suns organisation assisted Steve in his wishes after all the dimes he served in Phoenix for all his 10 seasons. Steve had his thoughts on his family and the chance at a ring, the Suns agreed with that.

trading him to a division rival, no Suns fans like it. but we loved Steve and know this team can't award Steve's commitment with a ring in a Sun uniform in the near future. and with their 2 stars hitting the age of 40, the era has ended and it's time to move away. it's shit in many senses but you got to respect both the decision of Nash and the Suns organisation as a whole.

Suns respected the Lakers as a franchise with much success in their history, sending Nash there, while we know we are getting almost a zero in return, would give him the best chance to achieve a ring, not just to ride Kobe as what casual Lakers fans would suggest, for Nash is still more than capable to contribute to their success.

Respect the players, teams and their fan bases as the era closes. likewise for Kobe, he's not gonna play forever. no need to act like asses.

I hope you didn't take my comment seriously though, I totally understand this.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #22
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
I hope you didn't take my comment seriously though, I totally understand this.

i did take it seriously. no one likes their team getting bashed especially when it's unnecessary. if you ain't serious, then it's all good bro
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: