Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #841
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
True. The old Teodosic finally returned after a few years absence. Nonetheless, no matter how good he plays, the rest of CSKA's team isn't all that good.

Besides Khryapa and Kaun lately. I don't think 3 players is enough to win in Euroleague. And I know you keep saying Micov is good, but the bottom line is, he's not good for a team of that level. Just like Weems isn't either.

I can also see why Messina cut Christmas. Papaloukas actually played really well in limited minutes. So they can do good with 30-35 minutes of offense by Teodosic and 5-10 from Papaloukas.

Kaun is good in pick and roll and is rebounding and defending.

So they must have Khryapa healthy. Because other guys are way too lacking in overall contribution.

Krstic - zero rebounding and defense

Micov and Weems - mainly just jump shooters

Jackson - not much more than a ball handler

Erceg - softer than butter

etc.


Too bad for them Vorontsevich got injured. I still don't get why Messina won't play Ponkrashov at all.

CSKA is in danger of having to play someone like Olympiacos or Barca at the playoffs, and not having home advantage.

And for Messina supposedly being a "defensive genius", he sure has a bunch of guys that can't defend their own shadow on his team, like -

Papaloukas if he plays as a 1 or 2 on defense (which that's how Messina uses him)

Teodosic - if he plays as a 1 defense (again how Messina uses him)

Krstic

Weems

Erceg

Unbelievable how soft and bad at defense this Messina team is for a $40 million budget. They are very lucky that they have gotten in the weak groups in both parts of the season so far.
CSKA has potential to play good defense . Teodosic really improved his man defense ( he was always able to play solid defense in my oppinion , he just uses more effort now ) and he is great team defender , Micov is very good defender and can defend more positions , Khryapa and Kaun are great defenders and Jackson is also solid defender . Messina should be able to make them play good defense .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #842
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-prigioni-more

After the Knicks' win over the 76ers on Sunday night, Woodson said, "Pablo did a great job directing our offense."

Prigioni dished out five assists in just 13 minutes. The backup point guard finished with four points, five assists and no turnovers in only 13 minutes. On the other hand, Kidd had three points (0-for-6 from downtown) and two assists in twice as many minutes (26).

Woodson admitted earlier Sunday that Kidd's additional minutes since the end of December, after Raymond Felton went down with an injury, has "burned him some." It's obviously showed in Kidd's lack of facilitating and 3-point shooting (32.7 percent in January and just 20 percent this month).

So perhaps now is the time to reduce Kidd's playing time to enable Prigioni to see more minutes temporarily or long term? Not only does Prigioni have a better burst of speed than Kidd off pick-and-rolls, but he's also a great passer and better on defense. Out of all the top Knicks' two-man defensive lineups, Prigioni is most of them.

The 35-year-old even picks up his man full court, applying that additional pressure that most point guards don't do in the NBA. They lay back to conserve energy to execute all of the half-court playmaking they do.

But Prigioni doesn't need to play 35 to 40 minutes per game. Woodson can increase him to 20 or so in the meantime, while Kidd patches up. Down the road, Woodson can balance out Kidd's and Prigioni's minutes, or they can play side-by-side at times. In fact, Prigioni has been much more effective than Kidd from long range recently. In January, the Argentine shot 46.4 percent from that distance, and is 55.6 percent so far this month.

--------------------------------------------------

Just a proof to show that once again, gabepizza is a lying son of a bitch and a massive TROLL.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #843
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-prigioni-more

After the Knicks' win over the 76ers on Sunday night, Woodson said, "Pablo did a great job directing our offense."

Prigioni dished out five assists in just 13 minutes. The backup point guard finished with four points, five assists and no turnovers in only 13 minutes. On the other hand, Kidd had three points (0-for-6 from downtown) and two assists in twice as many minutes (26).

Woodson admitted earlier Sunday that Kidd's additional minutes since the end of December, after Raymond Felton went down with an injury, has "burned him some." It's obviously showed in Kidd's lack of facilitating and 3-point shooting (32.7 percent in January and just 20 percent this month).

So perhaps now is the time to reduce Kidd's playing time to enable Prigioni to see more minutes temporarily or long term? Not only does Prigioni have a better burst of speed than Kidd off pick-and-rolls, but he's also a great passer and better on defense. Out of all the top Knicks' two-man defensive lineups, Prigioni is most of them.

The 35-year-old even picks up his man full court, applying that additional pressure that most point guards don't do in the NBA. They lay back to conserve energy to execute all of the half-court playmaking they do.

But Prigioni doesn't need to play 35 to 40 minutes per game. Woodson can increase him to 20 or so in the meantime, while Kidd patches up. Down the road, Woodson can balance out Kidd's and Prigioni's minutes, or they can play side-by-side at times. In fact, Prigioni has been much more effective than Kidd from long range recently. In January, the Argentine shot 46.4 percent from that distance, and is 55.6 percent so far this month.

--------------------------------------------------

Just a proof to show that once again, gabepizza is a lying son of a bitch and a massive TROLL.

What did I lie about? That Prigioni is the third string point guard on the Knicks? Well he is. 13 minutes!
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #844
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
What did I lie about? That Prigioni is the third string point guard on the Knicks? Well he is. 13 minutes!

No he isn't you ****ing POS.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #845
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Stephane Lasme dominating the hell out of whole team of Efes and their "dominant NBA players".............

Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #846
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Great game by Savanovic but he couldn't do it all alone .

Ukic this season is playing better than I thought , looks like playing with DD hepls him .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #847
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Stephane Lasme dominating the hell out of whole team of Efes and their "dominant NBA players".............

Nohing to joke about former scrub nba players. see nigeria embarrassing greece.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #848
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Great game by Savanovic but he couldn't do it all alone .

Ukic this season is playing better than I thought , looks like playing with DD hepls him .

I don't think it has anything to do with Diamantidis. He made Calathes worse for example.

Ukic, to be honest, simply starting hitting his 3 point shots, and that opened up his game. He's still playing the same exact way, so if he misses shots, he looks like a ball hogging fool.

But when he is making them, then he looks great.

Still, this was against Jordan Farmar who is horrible on defense.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #849
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Stephane Lasme dominating the hell out of whole team of Efes and their "dominant NBA players".............



The same Stephane Lasme who averaged 5.2 ppg in the NBA?
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #850
albas89
Jessica Alba
 
albas89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 802
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
The same Stephane Lasme who averaged 5.2 ppg in the NBA?
Yes, he's probably averaging about 5.2 bpg in Euroleague...
albas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #851
PrettyCool
Banned
 
PrettyCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 666
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

GabePizza destroys Euroleague once again

PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #852
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyCool
GabePizza destroys Euroleague once again


What the hell are you talking about?

gabepizza's predictions for this year's Euroleague:

"Jordan Farmar will for sure be the Euroleague MVP".

"Hilton Armstrong will 100% guaranteed be the first team all Euroleague center".

"Joey Dorsey will be named the best defender in Euroleague and will totally dominate".

"Sonny Weems will totally dominate and destroy Euroleague and will be named the league's best small forward."


This plus many other similar gems. The guy has been actually truly DESTROYED totally already from every insane "prediction" he made.

"Alba and Fener are among the very best Euroleague teams". "Maccabi is clearly an elite Euroleague team".......numerous such absurd "predictions" that he made that have all blown up in his face.

If he had any sense at all he would learn to the STFU, but he just can't help himself.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #853
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
What the hell are you talking about?

gabepizza's predictions for this year's Euroleague:

"Jordan Farmar will for sure be the Euroleague MVP".

"Hilton Armstrong will 100% guaranteed be the first team all Euroleague center".

"Joey Dorsey will be named the best defender in Euroleague and will totally dominate".

"Sonny Weems will totally dominate and destroy Euroleague and will be named the league's best small forward."


This plus many other similar gems. The guy has been actually truly DESTROYED totally already from every insane "prediction" he made.

"Alba and Fener are among the very best Euroleague teams". "Maccabi is clearly an elite Euroleague team".......numerous such absurd "predictions" that he made that have all blown up in his face.

If he had any sense at all he would learn to the STFU, but he just can't help himself.

Euroleague...where NBA back-ups vs NBA scrubs happens.

btw Now that Kidd has been demoted from starting SG to back-up PG it looks like Prigioni "the best point guard on the Knick" has been left out of the rotation all together.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #854
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Euroleague...where NBA back-ups vs NBA scrubs happens.

btw Now that Kidd has been demoted from starting SG to back-up PG it looks like Prigioni "the best point guard on the Knick" has been left out of the rotation all together.

NBA - where Euroleague scrubs become stars.

Prigioni will be the Knicks starting point guard soon enough, and you will pretend you never called him a scrub.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #855
gabepizza
Local High School Star
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
NBA - where Euroleague scrubs become stars.

Prigioni will be the Knicks starting point guard soon enough, and you will pretend you never called him a scrub.

That has been proven to be a lie, time and time again. The difference is that in Euroleague NBA scrubs become stars (Bobby Brown).

There has not been one example of a Euroleague scrub becoming a star in the NBA. The closest you can come to that is Brandon Jennings who played in Euroleague when he was 18, still averaged 7.6 ppg (which isn't scrub by Euroleague standards) and is a borderline star if a star at all in the NBA (he has never been an all-star, top scorer, etc...) Maybe he is top 30, but probably more like top 50 in the NBA,

Bobby Brown on the other hand, played in the NBA as a grown man at 25, averaged only 5.1 ppg in the NBA, and is now leading Euroleague in scoring, index rating and on a team tied for the 3rd best record in the whole league.

Thank you.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy