Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
so funny when people who don't listen to rap try and recommend rap.

I dig Macklemore, just as i do Mac Miller. I just wish a dude like Dumbfoundead got as much hype around his releases. Seems every decent white rapper gets magnified as being greater than they are and actually make bank compared to other indie rappers aren't white but just as good.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,603
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

He aint bad, I should like it more than I do. I suppose it has to grow on me.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
so funny when people who don't listen to rap try and recommend rap.

Do listen to rap, and didn't try to recommend it - did recommend it fool.

Just because I don't listen to the same crap as you, you get all mightier than thou in your rap tastes. Have a nice day.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Explain.

You know music vid that I'm talking about?

I'm not sure what vid you're talking about. Can you elaborate besides the description already given?

Wait, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes?

Last edited by skan72 : 10-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #20
highwhey
A proud house
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
so funny when people who don't listen to rap try and recommend rap.
ok allllllllllllllll. you don't like this? why not?

eres bien culero
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
highwhey
A proud house
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

my friend told me to check out this song of his

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDQy...feature=relmfu

really liked it, the video was cool too
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Do listen to rap, and didn't try to recommend it - did recommend it fool.

Just because I don't listen to the same crap as you, you get all mightier than thou in your rap tastes. Have a nice day.

i don't have an issue with you posting this album but the thread title is so irritating as someone who actually really into this music.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
ok allllllllllllllll. you don't like this? why not?

eres bien culero

Hahaha

Yes, please, enlighten us all mighty rap god.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i don't have an issue with you posting this album but the thread title is so irritating as someone who actually really into this music.

Fair 'nuff. A friend and I were discussing the impact this album, being the highest selling album on iTunes as an indie, could have on the industry as a whole. Plus, I think the whole album is phenomenal. It's one man's opinion. If it irritates you, c'est la vie.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
highwhey
A proud house
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 9,325
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i don't have an issue with you posting this album but the thread title is so irritating as someone who actually really into this music.
my next thread title "The Heist">>>>>"Pluto"
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Fair 'nuff. A friend and I were discussing the impact this album, being the highest selling album on iTunes as an indie, could have on the industry as a whole. Plus, I think the whole album is phenomenal. It's one man's opinion. If it irritates you, c'est la vie.

i understand what you're saying but corny white rappers do numbers because people like you will buy music. mac miller (an independent artist) was number one on the chart when his album came out. the majority of people who really listen to rap don't buy albums even if we like them which is definitely unfortunate. there have been rappers who have had independent success since before maclmores was born and there will always continue to be. but as long as major labels are offering deals rappers are still going to accept them.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #27
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i understand what you're saying but corny white rappers do numbers because people like you will buy music. mac miller (an independent artist) was number one on the chart when his album came out. the majority of people who really listen to rap don't buy albums even if we like them which is definitely unfortunate. there have been rappers who have had independent success since before maclmores was born and there will always continue to be. but as long as major labels are offering deals rappers are still going to accept them.

lol at your corny white rapper line. Who you think I listen to and buy? I've never bought a white rapper's album (prior to this one), barely buy anyone's albums anymore. I don't buy music unless I really love it. Maybe an album or two a year.

I'm not a Mac Miller fan. Some of his earlier ish was solid, but lately it just makes my head hurt.

Last edited by skan72 : 10-11-2012 at 05:00 PM.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,377
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i don't have an issue with you posting this album but the thread title is so irritating as someone who actually really into this music.
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #29
NBA4EVER
.
 
NBA4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,496
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #30
NastaMaverick
College superstar
 
NastaMaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Murder Mitten
Posts: 4,107
Default Re: Rap's not dead; it's been hiding in Seattle

I mean macklemore is slightly corny, but this album was surprisingly really good and any comparisons to mac miller are laughable...
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy