Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #151
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

One small comment on Melo....

He knows that this is his time, and I'm willing to bet Melo is not satisfied with his game from last night.

He played well, but could have been better, especially on offensive decision making.

As far as the other items in game.....

I was surprised that Kidd started the game, but not surprised at his play.

He plays a smart game now in his age, and he was provided just the right amount of minutes to do so.

Brewer is gonna be a problem for other teams if Melo is gonna be playing the 4, which is gonna allow Brewer to just focus on whatever wing is on the other team, and make their life extremely uncomfortable.

Woodosn's player management was near perfect, everyone received proper minutes, and ample chances to contribute.

Just a really good team effort, and no matter how others may feel.....

The Knicks came out, played their game, and never looked back.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #152
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I want to see the replay. I just dont think we got Miami's best last night. They seemed to get punched in the mouth and didnt really respond.

I was so impressed with the Knicks ability to penetrate and dish. The ball movement was outstanding. What made it look even better was the ability to hit those open shots.

The defense definitely has to tighten up.

Good start though.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #153
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what was wrong with our defense?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #154
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I want to see the replay. I just dont think we got Miami's best last night. They seemed to get punched in the mouth and didnt really respond.

I was so impressed with the Knicks ability to penetrate and dish. The ball movement was outstanding. What made it look even better was the ability to hit those open shots.

The defense definitely has to tighten up.

Good start though.
Defense was solid. Holding the defending champions and one of the best offenses in the league to 84 points is pretty good.

Our transition defense was great,they scored only a few points in transition which is they biggest weapon. Hitting shots and not making a lot of turnovers on offense also helped.
We forced 21 turnovers. That's excellent.

If we can continue to play this good on offense we'll win a lot of games. Our defense is good enough to hold opponents under 100,I would say even under 90. We just need to score to win and we surely did that on Friday.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #155
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I like how franchise keeps on shitting on our bench even after they played pretty well against the defending champions and the best team in the league.

Kidd - 12/4/3 , had some really smart plays and hit his shots
Brewer - 7/5/3 with some nice defense
J.R. - 11/3/6 , made some boneheaded plays but he played hard and used drive and kick a lot more than he did last season
Steve Novak - 17/2/1 - DEADLY
Prigioni - 0/1/3 - nothing special but I expect more from him
Rasheed Wallace - 3/1 - SHEEEEEEEED

Melo was really hot at the start but I then he started to force things and take some bad shots,especially in the 2nd quarter. But I was impressed with his defense. Even when isolated on LeBron and Wade he didn't give up and actually defended them well. He was very active,didn't hold the ball too much and even though he took some bad shots I think he played pretty well.
Raymond Felton also played great,I knew he was a great off-season pickup.
Ball movement was great. Defense was also pretty good. These are the 2 things that won the game for us,along with effort and focus.
We were constantly focused and Miami never came close. That's what I really liked to see.

#1 It was one game
#2 Brewer and Kidd both started
#3 I love how you are mad because I supposedly didn't give the bench the credit it deserves, yet you are ranting about the guy who got 30 and 10 and completely locked up Wade and LeBron whenever he guarded them. I did the same thing you did. I mentioned the good and the bad. So why am I the "bad guy"? did you actually READ my post or are you responding to what you THINK I'm going to say? I gave Novak his props. I gave Kidd his props. I said JR was good on D but terrible offensively. Essentially, I said everything you said lmao

Quote:

I think they were acting like prima donnas. I get their stance about the Sandy situation but once you're there, suit up and play. They seem uninterested after the Knicks came out and hit them where it hurts. I think once they realized the Knicks were ready to make it a dog fight, they said F it... we'll get em next time.

3 things of note:
1.Our defense was pretty good but what was up with that stretch in the 1st half where we went to zone? It was a disaster lol

2. I keep trying to tell people LeBron doesn't want to guard Melo but Melo has no problems guarding him or Wade. Nobody wants to believe me because it's like blasphemous to say anything about LeBron other that him not taking the big shot or the LeCision. The proof is in the pudding though. Whether Melo plays SF or PF, LeBron simply doesn't want to have to guard him all night. When LeBron or Wade get the ball, Melo has no problems checking them. My favorite play of the night is when Wade had Melo one on one and he tried like 90 moves and ultimately Melo blocked his shot and we went the other way.

3. Say what you will about this next statement but I know what I see when I watch these games. Tyson Chandler looked AWFUL. We had guys like JR and Prigioni look bad on offense but still stand up and hold their own defensively. Tyson Chandler didn't I thought he looked bad on both ends. I thought our "best" defensive player actually looked like our worst. Im not saying he should get benched, but I would be a fan of starting him early then going with Sheed down the stretch once he gets in shape. Any time table on Marcus Camby?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #156
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Miami definitely wasn't into the game, but i'm sure they thought they could just come in and get that W with a half assed effort.

I definitely agree with the majority of your entire post, Franchize.

LeBron doesn't want to guard Melo because it takes alot of energy to do so, but of course he'd do it when the games matter at it's greatest.

Melo held his own defensively, and i don't mind his offense taking a hit to get that side of the job done, as a scorer will always find ways to put up points.

That zone we saw briefly i think was something Kidd and Tyson may have brought up from the Mavs years, it looked suspect, but didn't hurt the team.

I've admitted that i was surprised to see Kidd start, but he played well, and that's all that matters...on both sides of the ball.

Brewer can free lance on defense, pick his guy from the 2 or 3 and make their world uncomfortable which he did.

The Knicks claim Tyson had flu-like symptoms again, and i won't make excuse for him on this one.....he was merely serviceable.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #157
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
#1 It was one game
#2 Brewer and Kidd both started
#3 I love how you are mad because I supposedly didn't give the bench the credit it deserves, yet you are ranting about the guy who got 30 and 10 and completely locked up Wade and LeBron whenever he guarded them. I did the same thing you did. I mentioned the good and the bad. So why am I the "bad guy"? did you actually READ my post or are you responding to what you THINK I'm going to say? I gave Novak his props. I gave Kidd his props. I said JR was good on D but terrible offensively. Essentially, I said everything you said lmao
You're not a bad guy. I never said you are. I just think you sometimes overy criticize our bench.
Kidd and Brewer started but they are essentially bench players who got the opportunity because of the injuries. You said Brewer looked terrible. I disagree. He had some nice cuts,nice passes and his defense was pretty good. I also don't think Prigioni looked awful. He didn't do much but you can't compare him to Bibby,you simply can't.

I'm not ranting about Melo. I'm one of his biggest fans on this board and often I defend him when others are bashing him.
He gave a lot of effort,played great defense and was a spark in the 1st quarter that basically created the lead which cause us to win the game.
The only bad thing that I can say about his performance is that he took some really questionable shots in the 2nd quarter.Other than that he moved the ball,played withing the flow and didn't hold the ball for 15 seconds just to fire it at the basket.

So please don't get me wrong. I'm not attacking you. Even though we sometimes disagree you're one of my favorite posters on this board.

Quote:
I think they were acting like prima donnas. I get their stance about the Sandy situation but once you're there, suit up and play. They seem uninterested after the Knicks came out and hit them where it hurts. I think once they realized the Knicks were ready to make it a dog fight, they said F it... we'll get em next time.

3 things of note:
1.Our defense was pretty good but what was up with that stretch in the 1st half where we went to zone? It was a disaster lol

2. I keep trying to tell people LeBron doesn't want to guard Melo but Melo has no problems guarding him or Wade. Nobody wants to believe me because it's like blasphemous to say anything about LeBron other that him not taking the big shot or the LeCision. The proof is in the pudding though. Whether Melo plays SF or PF, LeBron simply doesn't want to have to guard him all night. When LeBron or Wade get the ball, Melo has no problems checking them. My favorite play of the night is when Wade had Melo one on one and he tried like 90 moves and ultimately Melo blocked his shot and we went the other way.

3. Say what you will about this next statement but I know what I see when I watch these games. Tyson Chandler looked AWFUL. We had guys like JR and Prigioni look bad on offense but still stand up and hold their own defensively. Tyson Chandler didn't I thought he looked bad on both ends. I thought our "best" defensive player actually looked like our worst. Im not saying he should get benched, but I would be a fan of starting him early then going with Sheed down the stretch once he gets in shape. Any time table on Marcus Camby?
I enjoyed it too. It's called leading by example. If our star player is willing to put effort on defense then everyone will follow him.
Also it shows Melo improvement on that end. Before Melo would say "**** it" and let Wade score easy points. But not anymore. He accepted the challenge and defended him beautifully.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #158
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, that was nice. The set of screens to make Novak open and shortly afterwards JR open at the other side, that's how you play.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #159
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

It is always great to see your star player dive into the stands to save a possession.

#leadership
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #160
Clutch
Stop flopping

Carmelo Anthony - the ultimate energy guy

But seriously. He has been playing very hard so far.

HUGE PROPS TO HIM. LEADING BY EXAMPLE
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #161
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good game. We caught another team who came out flat and pounced n em. Kidd had another pretty good game. Felton was really good early on then Woodson rested him too long and it seemed to throw off his rhythm. Sheed looked pretty good. Clearly he needs to get in better shape but you can tell he can still play. Novak was a little off for his standards but today was maybe the best I've ever seen him play defense. Chandler disappointed me yet again. Multiple missed defensive assignments. He had some help defense blocks but he also gave up a few easy buckets by looking lost out there. I'm so over him and his "flu like symptoms". Dude needs some Vitamin C. He gets more colds than my 2 year old daughter. And Prigioni....wow. He's just in over his head. He plays defense decently but boy o boy...his handle is suspect to the 10th degree. He might be worse than Mike Bibby right now lol Kurt Thomas missed his trademark mid-range J's but he gave us some solid minutes. I thought we looked better with Thomas on the court than Chandler. Brewer was a better finisher today but u can tell his legs arent there yet. JR started off terribly but gave us "good JR" at the end. Jru Holiday was killing us. some of the shots were just tough baskets tho. Can't be too mad.

One thing I noticed is that we are over-passing now. I appreciate that we want to have good ball movement but we passed up a lot of quality open shots and made it hard on ourselves late in the shot clock. I'm just going to chalk it up to guys getting used to each other but I think it's also because we don't have many guys that can create off the dribble.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #162
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Good game. We caught another team who came out flat and pounced n em. Kidd had another pretty good game. Felton was really good early on then Woodson rested him too long and it seemed to throw off his rhythm. Sheed looked pretty good. Clearly he needs to get in better shape but you can tell he can still play. Novak was a little off for his standards but today was maybe the best I've ever seen him play defense. Chandler disappointed me yet again. Multiple missed defensive assignments. He had some help defense blocks but he also gave up a few easy buckets by looking lost out there. I'm so over him and his "flu like symptoms". Dude needs some Vitamin C. He gets more colds than my 2 year old daughter. And Prigioni....wow. He's just in over his head. He plays defense decently but boy o boy...his handle is suspect to the 10th degree. He might be worse than Mike Bibby right now lol Kurt Thomas missed his trademark mid-range J's but he gave us some solid minutes. I thought we looked better with Thomas on the court than Chandler. Brewer was a better finisher today but u can tell his legs arent there yet. JR started off terribly but gave us "good JR" at the end. Jru Holiday was killing us. some of the shots were just tough baskets tho. Can't be too mad.

One thing I noticed is that we are over-passing now. I appreciate that we want to have good ball movement but we passed up a lot of quality open shots and made it hard on ourselves late in the shot clock. I'm just going to chalk it up to guys getting used to each other but I think it's also because we don't have many guys that can create off the dribble.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #163
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I do agree the overpassing was a little maddening, but i'll take that problem as long as it doesn't result into a turnover.

These guys are just playing the way their coach wants them to.

Play the right way, defense and share the ball.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #164
Clutch
Stop flopping

Knicks held both Miami and Philly to 84 points. That's remarkable.

When you hold your opponent to less than 85 points that means you'll probably win the game.

Guys are hustling,moving the ball and looking like a team,both on and off the court. Just a joy to watch.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #165
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Y'all better be ready to bring it tommorow! T-Young's gonna go off I can already see it.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: