Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #181
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

I know its early, but melo is looking like the MVP!!!!!
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #182
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

18-6 last year. 3-0 this year.

Mike Woodson for Coach of the Year!!!

Last edited by Sarcastic : 11-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #183
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I know its early, but melo is looking like the MVP!!!!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/278020

Let us not get ahead of ourselves now. Take it one game at a time there are 79 more games.

jus havin fun....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpf...a-down-now_fun

Last edited by Rameek : 11-06-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #184
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rameek for Most Improved Poster!!!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #185
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My bad for my brief hiatus lol. I drove all the way to NYC to exercise my right to vote! Hope you guys did as well. (those of you who can).

Look, I'm known for being critical when most people are on cloud 9. There are certainly things that I noticed that concern me. However, I'm going to start this post off fittingly. THAT WAS AN IMPRESSIVE WIN! Now you guys know I'm pro Melo and I defend him when I feel he's being unfairly cast as the scapegoat. Melo played pretty well but I have to give the lion share of credit to Mike Woodson. I disagree with some of his philosophies but what he's been able to do with this team deserves its just due. Nevermind our record under Woodson. I'm extremely impressed with us beating 2 quality teams in consecutive years on back to back games. Usually, even if it's a bad team, you concede that you'll lose one of the two. We've won in Indiana back to back and in Philly bakc to back. That's impressive! Furthermore, it's extremely advantageous toward potential seeding. At most, at Philly can do is tie in our season series. So even if they get Bynum back and become a totally improved team, the most they can do is split. To win via blowout at home, then go back to their arena, knowing they have something to prove, and do it again...that's not only impressive but shows veteran moxy. Furthermore, Philly came out swinging and we weathered their storm. We chipped away and maintained our composure. I have to give credit where it's due. Go Knicks!

I was impressed with a lot of players but a few that stood out:
Sheed- I haven't seen Sheed in the post in years! His confidence is is that of a guy that knows, while he'll never be the player he once was, he knows what he's doing out there.

JR- This was JR's best game this season and maybe as a Knick. No, he didn't have wow factor numbers but he played under control. He hit tough shots when we needed him to. He played stellar D. He set guys up off the dribble. He had that monster dunk. Most importantly, he didn't play like a bonehead. I was VERY impressed by JR.

Ronnie Brewer- Wow! If we can get games like that out of Ronnie, we'll be in good shape. He didn't set the world on fire but he gave us solid minutes that you should be able to expect out of your starting SG.

The bad:
Prigioni- I feel bad because he plays his butt off. He's fiesty on D. But my goodness, his handle is SOOOOOOO suspect. On that JR Smith dunk, he literally just let the ball go because he has ZERO playmaking ability. All his good plays on offense were due to horrendous pick and roll defense by the Sixers...completely uncharacteristic of a Doug Collins coached team.

Sheed's temper- The old Sheed was aching to come out. He's a tech waiting to happen

Chandler- He had some good blocks on help defense but he's still missing entirely too many defensive assignments.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #186
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
The bad:
Prigioni- I feel bad because he plays his butt off. He's fiesty on D. But my goodness, his handle is SOOOOOOO suspect. On that JR Smith dunk, he literally just let the ball go because he has ZERO playmaking ability. All his good plays on offense were due to horrendous pick and roll defense by the Sixers...completely uncharacteristic of a Doug Collins coached team.

Sheed's temper- The old Sheed was aching to come out. He's a tech waiting to happen

Chandler- He had some good blocks on help defense but he's still missing entirely too many defensive assignments.
That was hilarious. He basically threw it all the way back to half court.

Last edited by Scoooter : 11-07-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #187
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
That was hilarious. He basically threw it all the way back to half court.

That shit was like bunt
Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #188
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see what's wrong with that play by Prigioni.
Dude made a great steal, ran the court, was chased down by two defenders and fooled them by dishing it out to an open man.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #189
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

Dude made a great steal, ran the court, was chased down by two defenders and fooled them by dishing it out to an open man.
Thats pretty much what i saw.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #190
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

What I saw was, nice steal, was a stride ahead of one defender, another one began to catch up, he clench up and got nervous because he didn't know what to do next, jumped in the air (which you shouldnt do when your passing), and threw the ball backwards. Luckily JR was hustling down court and caught up to it. Don't get me wrong. It was a good defensive play and effort but the success of the play offensively came from the Sixers laziness and lack of focus. A typical Doug Collins team busts it down the floor instead of loitering in the front court and conceding the play.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #191
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
What I saw was, nice steal, was a stride ahead of one defender, another one began to catch up, he clench up and got nervous because he didn't know what to do next, jumped in the air (which you shouldnt do when your passing), and threw the ball backwards. Luckily JR was hustling down court and caught up to it. Don't get me wrong. It was a good defensive play and effort but the success of the play offensively came from the Sixers laziness and lack of focus. A typical Doug Collins team busts it down the floor instead of loitering in the front court and conceding the play.

Mmm no you underestimate Pablo's bball IQ.
He did got nervous because he was aware that those two were much more athletic than him and could block him, so he decides to fake a layup (hence the jump - and you can see the fake is effective because Turner tries to steal the ball from him and the other one jumps to block him), and then to pass the ball backwards to his teammate.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #192
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Mmm no you underestimate Pablo's bball IQ.
He did got nervous because he was aware that those two were much more athletic than him and could block him, so he decides to fake a layup (hence the jump - and you can see the fake is effective because Turner tries to steal the ball from him and the other one jumps to block him), and then to pass the ball backwards to his teammate.

Yea but JR hadn't crossed half court yet. If the Sixers would have hustled like they are supposed to, it would have been an easy steal. Either way, at the end of the day, whats more important is that it was a stellar defensive play on Prigioni's part.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #193
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I definitely worked out into a nice play. I don't know the specifics of the broadcast you watched, but on mine it cut to an under-the-hoop view when he made the pass, and the whole thing looked funny. You could see a look of panic on his face when he got into the air and realized his only a play was a trailer 45 feet behind him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #194
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I definitely worked out into a nice play. I don't know the specifics of the broadcast you watched, but on mine it cut to an under-the-hoop view when he made the pass, and the whole thing looked funny. You could see a look of panic on his face when he got into the air and realized his only a play was a trailer 45 feet behind him.
I had Phillys feed. They showed the same view under the hoops on the replay. It was funny. JRs dunk was ferocious btw.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #195
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know about the nervous part either, but i could tell he was quite happy to see at least one knick actually was behind him unlike the rest that were beyond half court.

Besides the play turned out into the dunk of the night.

How anyone can complain about that is beyond me.

He took nothing, played defense, and made it great.

Isn't that what we want?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: