Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #196
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't know about the nervous part either, but i could tell he was quite happy to see at least one knick actually was behind him unlike the rest that were beyond half court.

Besides the play turned out into the dunk of the night.

How anyone can complain about that is beyond me.

He took nothing, played defense, and made it great.

Isn't that what we want?
We are so used to bitching that even when we start the season 3-0 and beat the 3 playoff teams (one of them are the current champions) by an average of 20 points we still need to find something to bitch about (example:that Prigioni play).

If we went 82-0 and won a championship without losing a game people would still bitch about how our 15th player is incompetent and that we need to find someone better
That's how it is. Regular life of a sports fan.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #197
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We are so used to bitching that even when we start the season 3-0 and beat the 3 playoff teams (one of them are the current champions) by an average of 20 points we still need to find something to bitch about (example:that Prigioni play).

If we went 82-0 and won a championship without losing a game people would still bitch about how our 15th player is incompetent and that we need to find someone better
That's how it is. Regular life of a sports fan.

OR

Some of us are so used to seeing others overract and act like everything is perfect as long as we're winning. But when we start losing again, they look for someone to blame...usually the wrong person. The good franchises stay good because even when they win, they aren't complacent. You find a lot of good things in your losses and a lot of bad things in your wins. Just because we're winning, it doesn't mean all of a sudden Prigioni is better than he is. When you have that mentality, you get contracts like Jeremy Lin's lol Just sayin.

There's a difference between bitching and pointing things out. Bitching is what Mike Breen does. When I watch basketball, I like to dissect it from every angle...win or lose. That's just my thing. To each is own.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #198
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't know about the nervous part either, but i could tell he was quite happy to see at least one knick actually was behind him unlike the rest that were beyond half court.

Besides the play turned out into the dunk of the night.

How anyone can complain about that is beyond me.

He took nothing, played defense, and made it great.

Isn't that what we want?
I, for one, wasn't complaining about it. I just thought it was funny.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #199
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I, for one, wasn't complaining about it. I just thought it was funny.
Likewise. I thought it was funny in a pathetic kinda way. I applauded his effort though. He's about as talented as Toney Douglas is but he plays WAY harder.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #200
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

No pablo cant bring the ball up this is not going to work for me....

No penetration.....

Great test to see how this team reacts because the open shots are not going in. Dallas doesnt have shot blockers what are they scared of...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #201
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Good win. Ugly finish. We have to finish games better than that. Im gonna have to suck it up n get league pass. I cant watch 82 games on my tablet lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #202
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Sooo many missed FTs today, I also feel like Melo blew 5 layups in this game. Gotta clean that up.

Overall, great win against a very good team. Everyone contributed once again, the defense, the resilience, ball control, gotta love it.

I'm loving this team right now!
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #203
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just think, our perimeter defense will soon be: Shumpert, Smith, and Brewer.

Can you say "lock down"?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #204
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Just think, our perimeter defense will soon be: Shumpert, Smith, and Brewer.

Can you say "lock down"?
Then Tyson Sheed and Camby manning the paint.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #205
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Good win. Ugly finish. We have to finish games better than that. Im gonna have to suck it up n get league pass. I cant watch 82 games on my tablet lol.
Get it. It will definitely be worth it with the way Knicks are playing.

I'm impressed with their play last night. Mavs were really hot in the first half,our defense wasn't that bad but they just hit some very tough shots (Vince Carter looking like Dirk Nowitzki out there with two fadeaways,Mayo hitting threes 3 feet beyond the arc...).
Even though they fell behind by 8-10 points they were never in panic mode. They played their game,turned up the intensity in the 2nd half and win pretty comfortably.

I don't like how we got all stagnant in the 4th quarter,that's probably because we had the lead and didn't want to risk and create turnovers so it was just milking the clock for 15 seconds and then giving it to Melo or J.R.
Our free throw shooting was horrendous. Felton missed 3,Melo missed 5 free throws. They need to get better at it,especially late in games.

Overall I'm extremely happy with our start. 4-0 and all our wins came against playoff teams. Also we won all of the games by 10 points or more.

Knicks looking scary so far.

Next stop,Orlando on Tuesday. Even though it's a road game we are clearly the better team,we just need to go out there and prove it.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #206
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Get it. It will definitely be worth it with the way Knicks are playing.

I'm impressed with their play last night. Mavs were really hot in the first half,our defense wasn't that bad but they just hit some very tough shots (Vince Carter looking like Dirk Nowitzki out there with two fadeaways,Mayo hitting threes 3 feet beyond the arc...).
Even though they fell behind by 8-10 points they were never in panic mode. They played their game,turned up the intensity in the 2nd half and win pretty comfortably.

I don't like how we got all stagnant in the 4th quarter,that's probably because we had the lead and didn't want to risk and create turnovers so it was just milking the clock for 15 seconds and then giving it to Melo or J.R.
Our free throw shooting was horrendous. Felton missed 3,Melo missed 5 free throws. They need to get better at it,especially late in games.

Overall I'm extremely happy with our start. 4-0 and all our wins came against playoff teams. Also we won all of the games by 10 points or more.

Knicks looking scary so far.

Next stop,Orlando on Tuesday. Even though it's a road game we are clearly the better team,we just need to go out there and prove it.

last year, teams like orlando (bottom feeders) always came out hot against us ...we need to get on top of them early to prevent any major runs or going down big...we need to take these easy wins
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #207
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
last year, teams like orlando (bottom feeders) always came out hot against us ...we need to get on top of them early to prevent any major runs or going down big...we need to take these easy wins
Big baby has been playing really well. We have to find a way to keep Melo out of foul trouble. These are the games where youre reminded that having Melo at the four isnt a long term solution. But yea,as Clutch said, we should beat this team but as the saying goes, "thats why you play the game." This is the time our veteran team ensures we dont have a letdown n lay an egg. As long as we dont play down to our competition, we should be good.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #208
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I was curious to know why the Knicks didnt bring Kidd back in? Things started falling apart offensively.

It was a nice ugly win. It was embarrassing that Pablo couldnt bring the ball up the court that is quite concerning reminded me of Lin. Dallas is going to be interesting when Matrix and Dirk comes back.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #209
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I was curious to know why the Knicks didnt bring Kidd back in? Things started falling apart offensively.

It was a nice ugly win. It was embarrassing that Pablo couldnt bring the ball up the court that is quite concerning reminded me of Lin. Dallas is going to be interesting when Matrix and Dirk comes back.
I totally agree with this entire post. I think its convenient to overlook your problems when youre winning. Thats why we eventually always end up losing. The NBA is the one major US sport where the champion is usually the best team in the league. Eventually the truth comes to the surface. There is cause for concern.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #210
Clutch
Stop flopping

I played with the Knicks today against the Magic on NBA 2K13 just like I did before the Mavs game.
Last time I was somewhat close to the actual result (I won by 16,Knicks by 10) so I'll post the result here for some good luck

I beat them 101-90. Melo was lights out. 39/7/3.
Felton had 17/4/6 on good efficiency while Kidd had 8/7/6.
Novak hit some key threes.

Let's see how close to reality is 2k13
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: