Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #211
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

God I swear Tyson Chandler is turning into a taller,more athletic version of Jared Jeffries without the energy.

He's been playing like crap all season long.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #212
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ugly game.....

But 5-0 definitely is nice.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #213
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bring on the big dogs
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #214
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I played with the Knicks today against the Magic on NBA 2K13 just like I did before the Mavs game.
Last time I was somewhat close to the actual result (I won by 16,Knicks by 10) so I'll post the result here for some good luck

I beat them 101-90. Melo was lights out. 39/7/3.
Felton had 17/4/6 on good efficiency while Kidd had 8/7/6.
Novak hit some key threes.

Let's see how close to reality is 2k13

Wow not too far off = 99 - 89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jWGWBCmEW68

"yea Aflac"
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #215
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Wow not too far off = 99 - 89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jWGWBCmEW68

"yea Aflac"
Sheed

I'll probably play against the Spurs today on 2K13 and I'll post the result here so we don't need to wait for Thursday to find out the actual score
Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #216
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

That game was closer than it should have been up until they pulled away at the end there. But they seemed to be able to "turn it on" when they needed too. That's a nice step.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #217
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
That game was closer than it should have been up until they pulled away at the end there. But they seemed to be able to "turn it on" when they needed too. That's a nice step.
Quick game recap:

J.R.Smith

That's all.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #218
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
God I swear Tyson Chandler is turning into a taller,more athletic version of Jared Jeffries without the energy.

He's been playing like crap all season long.

Countdown till "I told you so"
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #219
Clutch
Stop flopping

5 players I'm most impressed with this season:

1. J.R.Smith: 18.2 points,4.8 rebounds,3.2 assists,2.2 steals on 49% shooting (72% for three)
He's playing relatively smart and is shooting lights out. Basically carried us against Dallas and Orlando. And his contract is a bargain.

2. Carmelo Anthony: 26.8 points,7.4 rebounds,1.6 assists,1 block on 45% shooting (33% for three)
He's not holding the ball too much and in every game (except in the 1st half against the Magic but the whole team sucked balls then) he showed great effort. Playing good defense,going for blocks and jumping into crowd for loose balls. You gotta love his improvement in that department.

3. Jason Kidd: 7.6 points,2.6 rebounds,3.2 assists,2.2 steals on 57% shooting (50% for three).
I know he's old but he's been playing great so far. Excellent defensively,making smart decisions,controlling the tempo and making some big shots. Also extremely efficient.

4. Ronnie Brewer: 9 points,6.2 rebounds,1.4 assists on 46% shooting (50% for three)
Excellent pick-up for the minimum. Defends well,hustles,rebounds and has shot the ball pretty well from deep (even though I don't expect that to continue)

5. Raymond Felton: 14 points,3.2 rebounds,6.4 assists,1.6 steals on 40% shooting (39% from deep)
Despite shooting only 40% from the field I like what we're seeing from Raymond Felton. He's been deadly at pick and roll and at times actually carried the team when we needed some buckets (start of the Philly game).
I thought he was a good signing (better fit than Lin) and so far he's proving me right. Even though I haven't really liked the guy in his first stint with the Knicks now he's one of my favorite Knicks.
Ray
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #220
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Jason Kidd is shocking me, he looks great out there
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #221
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We had a rough second quarter and looked sloppy in the middle of the game but unlike last game, I think this was because of fatigue. We looked exhausted out there. Melo especially. Amare coming back should help. I know some people fell in love with Melo at the 4 but ultimately. it's goign to wear him down. Guys like Big Baby and Brandon Bass leaning on you take a toll on your body. I loved our resilience on defense at the end of the game. We seem to turn it up when our offense is struggling. In the past, we would do the exact opposite. If our shots weren't falling, we'd compound the problem by decreasing our effort defensively.

I have to give some serious props to JR Smith. After a rough start, he's really been playing his but off on both ends of the court. He's still aggressive but his shot selection has been far better than last year. With Shumpert out, JR playing like this can be really beneficial.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #222
Clutch
Stop flopping

So guys,I've just played against the Spurs on 2k13.

No need to watch the game on Thursday,we'll win 105-98
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #223
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We had a rough second quarter and looked sloppy in the middle of the game but unlike last game, I think this was because of fatigue. We looked exhausted out there. Melo especially. Amare coming back should help. I know some people fell in love with Melo at the 4 but ultimately. it's goign to wear him down. Guys like Big Baby and Brandon Bass leaning on you take a toll on your body. I loved our resilience on defense at the end of the game. We seem to turn it up when our offense is struggling. In the past, we would do the exact opposite. If our shots weren't falling, we'd compound the problem by decreasing our effort defensively.

I have to give some serious props to JR Smith. After a rough start, he's really been playing his but off on both ends of the court. He's still aggressive but his shot selection has been far better than last year. With Shumpert out, JR playing like this can be really beneficial.
I couldnt figure out how the hell this team looked so fatigue after only playing 5 games in d@m near 2 weeks.

My only concern is the offense looks out of sorts the last couple of games. The penetration and dishing with ball movement is all but gone lately.

The Knicks have won because of superior talent in Melo, Felton, JR or other teams lack of star talent. Now the latter will hurt the Knicks when they play better talented teams like the Spurs they could (if this was the past 15 years I would have said "WILL") lose...

I think defensively has saved the team like you said. I really thought this was a game where I thought the Knicks should have tried to play big more to get ready for the Spurs, Memphis, and Indy.

JR has been phenomenal on both ends of the floor with minimal bone headed plays. I caution though these shots he's taking looks great when they fall but when they dont this will draw the ire of fans. I really dont know if the Knicks want to depend on and let JR freelance on offense so much. He really seems to play like he thinks he's a Mini-M3LO.

Still a great win because its a win.

Last edited by Rameek : 11-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #224
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So what exactly is going to happen when Amare returns?

I'm loving Carmelo at the four - better spacing, ball movement, shooting, defense, EVERYTHING has been better without Amare.

When Amare returns, he's going to be expected to play at least 25 minutes a game based largely on the fact that he's Amare and he's getting paid huge amounts of money. I'm excited about Shumpert coming back but the prospect of Amare coming in and hurting this team dynamic is a very real one in my eyes.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #225
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

How many of you are actually surprised that Jason Kidd can hoop? I know he's old, but he's literally one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Also, why is the schedule so light? I feel like every other team is 10 games into the season.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: