Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #226
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
How many of you are actually surprised that Jason Kidd can hoop? I know he's old, but he's literally one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Also, why is the schedule so light? I feel like every other team is 10 games into the season.

I for one am not.
I am sure there are a lot of guys in here like vultures waiting for his (predictable) period of fatigue so they can say I told you so, ignoring that what they really told was that Kidd is washed up forever and stiff and can barely move on a bball court.
Rameek I am looking at you
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #227
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I for one am not.
I am sure there are a lot of guys in here like vultures waiting for his (predictable) period of fatigue so they can say I told you so, ignoring that what they really told was that Kidd is washed up forever and stiff and can barely move on a bball court.
Rameek I am looking at you
He is playing ok. Nothing special he does play stiff and krusty. I hope he doesnt log 30 minutes again though but Brewer was out. He is needed to play around 20 minutes. There are moments in the game where the Knicks lose there mind and he can get in there and put things under control.

If you checked after the Dallas game I said he was needed that game and for some reason he didnt play at the right time. Thats also indicative that Felton still needs to learn how to control the game better.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #228
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Shoalin Monk Master of KRUSTINESS!!! LMAO
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #229
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
How many of you are actually surprised that Jason Kidd can hoop? I know he's old, but he's literally one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Also, why is the schedule so light? I feel like every other team is 10 games into the season.
I'm not surprised all with his play.

I knew he'd be a good addition, and wasn't willing to hold any player to their play in the lockout year.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #230
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As long as our "krusty" guys are playing limited minutes from the bench, we will be fine. If we get an injury and one of them has to play major minutes, then it will be time to worry.

But that's the beauty of us going 11-12 deep. We don't have to play the corpse of Bibby, or the corpse of Baron anymore.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #231
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when stat returns, it should only get better...(or woodson will rip a new hole into amare)

stat should be starting when he comes back, and after, lets say 4 minutes into the game, he should go to the bench while moving melo to the 4 and JR and Brewer coming in as one of kidd or felton (i prefer felton, better pnr, and kidd has chemistry with chandler)goes to the bench. Then around 3 minutes (after other substitutions for chandler) melo should sit while amare and a felt come in with camby/sheed (better spacing) with JR and novak to give amare good spacing along with good playmaking from our backcourt. (prigs could also come in depending on the situation, also a good pnr player, should do wonders with stat)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #232
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
when stat returns, it should only get better...(or woodson will rip a new hole into amare)

stat should be starting when he comes back, and after, lets say 4 minutes into the game, he should go to the bench while moving melo to the 4 and JR and Brewer coming in as one of kidd or felton (i prefer felton, better pnr, and kidd has chemistry with chandler)goes to the bench. Then around 3 minutes (after other substitutions for chandler) melo should sit while amare and a felt come in with camby/sheed (better spacing) with JR and novak to give amare good spacing along with good playmaking from our backcourt. (prigs could also come in depending on the situation, also a good pnr player, should do wonders with stat)

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #233
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's amazing how perception and reality are so far apart. I've given Kidd his props and rightfully so. But let the NY media tell you, Kidd has been the reason we're winning. Just not true. If you look at his numbers however, they are very pedestrian. I know numbers don't tell the entire story but let's get serious hear. JR and Melo are carrying this team. At some point, we're going to need more production out of our starting 2 guard position. Hs numbers are the same as the lockout season we'll excuse him for. If it was anybody else, we'd be distraught that our starting 2 guard is getting us 7 ppg 2 apg and 3 rpg. Once again, I give credit where it's due, but Kidd's play is a far cry from "see I told you so" territory.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #234
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
It's amazing how perception and reality are so far apart. I've given Kidd his props and rightfully so. But let the NY media tell you, Kidd has been the reason we're winning. Just not true. If you look at his numbers however, they are very pedestrian. I know numbers don't tell the entire story but let's get serious hear. JR and Melo are carrying this team. At some point, we're going to need more production out of our starting 2 guard position. Hs numbers are the same as the lockout season we'll excuse him for. If it was anybody else, we'd be distraught that our starting 2 guard is getting us 7 ppg 2 apg and 3 rpg. Once again, I give credit where it's due, but Kidd's play is a far cry from "see I told you so" territory.

Even during the championship run he was put on minutes limit its pretty obvious some people are unaware of this or didnt watch the Mavs.... There is nothing wrong with that.

Neither Franchise or I has ever said he should be benched totally. Until this team is 100% and Melo keeps playing the 4 he is going to be leaned on to play 25 minutes. I dont think thats going to help this team in the long term for his effectiveness and health risk. He is playing ok. He can not penetrate well and he's basically a spot up shooter. He still has the mind of a great basketball player and he was never the most athletic so he is still effective with his vision and ability to pass.

There are moments in the game where he is needed to calm stuff down.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #235
Jasi
Quality?

Who's saying Kidd is the reason we're winning? Not me.

All I said (from the start) was that Kidd is an appropriate backup PG for a team like ours, and that I was happy to have him, for both on and off court reasons.
All you guys said was that Kidd is a terrible acquisition and an inadequate backup PG.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #236
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kidd is a primary reason why the Knicks don't turn the ball over.

16-2 is his ratio as on now...best in the league in this early start.

He also brings stability and leadership.

No one is saying "i told you so", but me personally I felt Kidd could do these things, and he is.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #237
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #238
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As Rameek said, nobody is saying he can't play. I'm just saying that if you are satisfied with Jason Kidd getting the minutes he's getting and think THAT is going to make us a better team long term, you're delusional. This is NOT a long term solution. Jason Kidd is a bench player. Period. My biggest gripe was never whether he could play. It's whether his contract was remotely what he's worth. I take nothing away from him but nothing he's done has changed my mind on whether he warrants getting over 3 mill a year. He makes just under what Felton makes. I'm sorry but the praise and contract aren't congruent with the production. No matter how much Mike Breen tells us all how much of a difference maker he is lol. He's not taking the world by storm like some people are suggesting...especially not the last 3games.

My issue is, when I said we shoudl go after OJ Mayo, some people were against it. Some of those same people were supporters of Jason Kidd's contract. OJ Mayo makes like 1 mill more than what Kidd does. Mayo would be on the allstar team if they played today. I just think the respect for legends goes too far at times. The respect for guys who won rings goes too far at times also. All the praise Tyson got last year, now ppl are starting to realize it was much ado about nothing. Did Tyson all of a sudden fall off? NO. The accolades were just ridiculous to begin with.

What gets me is, if we are winning, you can't say anything bad about our bench players. But if I wanna diss Melo or JR, Knicks fans have no problems with it. Meanwhile, they've been our best players all year. Same used to go for Patrick Ewing.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #239
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

On to more positive news. How you guys think we'll fair vs the Spurs and Grizz on this back 2 back? I think if we won either game it's a triumph for us. We looked dead and we have to come down to earth soon. Stealing a win from either team, both of hich are playing extremely well, would be a big time accomplishment IMO.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #240
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
On to more positive news. How you guys think we'll fair vs the Spurs and Grizz on this back 2 back? I think if we won either game it's a triumph for us. We looked dead and we have to come down to earth soon. Stealing a win from either team, both of hich are playing extremely well, would be a big time accomplishment IMO.
I would be extremely happy with a split. Winning both would leave me speechless.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: