Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #256
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't know if I'll have time to play it tomorrow against the Grizzlies

You must be joking.
Play that damn game asap!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #257
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's 7 am in my country. Not really a time to play 2k13
I have to go to college soon so I can't do it now. I play 12 min quarters so it takes a lot of time to finish a game.

But I'll try to do it later today. Not so sure it will work. I played all these 2k13 games at least 24 hours before the actual game.

PLAY THE DAMN GAME!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #258
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You just rushed to your computer to tell me that didnt you? Lmao

Great win all the way around. Tough, gritty win. The Spurs made a concerned effort to make anybody but Melo beat them and we responded accordingly. Felton and Kidd made timely buckets. JR started slow and got going late. We played tough D despite phenomenal ball movement by San Antonio. The one huge concern for me was our low post D. Tiago Splitter was killing us in the beginning of the 4th qtr.

Tough game tomorrow. I think we have to start Sheed, Thomas or Camby. ZBo is going to wear Melo down in the post.

I would like to see Woodson get on Sheed to stop popping the 3 ball and to start playing more in the paint. He really can do some serious damage under the basket. And yes my ipad was in my hands waiting for the final seconds of the game to expire just to tell you about Kidd
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #259
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
I would like to see Woodson get on Sheed to stop popping the 3 ball and to start playing more in the paint. He really can do some serious damage under the basket. And yes my ipad was in my hands waiting for the final seconds of the game to expire just to tell you about Kidd

I agree. When Sheed is in the post, he does damage. I thought that would be his main objective on offense when he made his "I'm gonna show these young guys how to post up" comment. We waste possessions when he lingers on the 3 point line. Right now, Melo is our biggest post threat. That's not good. Wallace can bring things to the table Chandler can't. If he focuses on that, I think he could see his minutes go way up. We just can't have yet another guy who doesn't create his own shot out there. The choice is his really IMO. Does he want to be a 3 point shooting role player or a significant contributor to this team?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #260
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I agree. When Sheed is in the post, he does damage. I thought that would be his main objective on offense when he made his "I'm gonna show these young guys how to post up" comment. We waste possessions when he lingers on the 3 point line. Right now, Melo is our biggest post threat. That's not good. Wallace can bring things to the table Chandler can't. If he focuses on that, I think he could see his minutes go way up. We just can't have yet another guy who doesn't create his own shot out there. The choice is his really IMO. Does he want to be a 3 point shooting role player or a significant contributor to this team?

him being out on the perimeter does lure a big out of the paint. and aside from the clunker in Orlando (0-5 3P FG), he is shooting a somewhat respectable 5-14 from behind the arc (35.7%). I would give him permission to spread the floor but if he misses 2-3 treys in a row, I'd demand that he goes to the post or yank his ass.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #261
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sheed is still getting his game shape back, and he has the fear of the opposition when he is on the court, even if he misses his shots.

That's pretty much his role right now, but once he truly gets into game shape, I'd expect more of the post from.

I did want to comment on Melo though.

Once again, a game where he can't get calls to save his life, but he didn't let it bother him at all.

He just calmly did other things like rebounding and made some solid passes to open team mates.

He's getting it now, and I can't be more happy.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #262
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

clutch. get on xbox, please lol
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #263
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bad news guys. I lost 116-121 in overtime.

One of the craziest (if not the craziest) games I've ever played. Both teams hit everything in the 4th.

But there are some good news. We might not lose because I did a lot of things different than in the first 2 games.
a) I played first two games at least 24 hours before an actual game (I played this one 10 hours before)
b) I played it with a different gamepad.

So we might not lose after all.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #264
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Sheed is still getting his game shape back, and he has the fear of the opposition when he is on the court, even if he misses his shots.

That's pretty much his role right now, but once he truly gets into game shape, I'd expect more of the post from.

I did want to comment on Melo though.

Once again, a game where he can't get calls to save his life, but he didn't let it bother him at all.

He just calmly did other things like rebounding and made some solid passes to open team mates.

He's getting it now, and I can't be more happy.

I totally agree about Melo. They made a concerned effort to make someone else beat them. The sent doubles. They had Duncan cheat on pick and rolls. Instead of being relentless, he saw that he wasn't getting calls and other guys were knocking down shots. So he contributed in other ways. He played tough d. He battled on the glass and led the team in rebounds. He really played like a leader.

Another thing I'd like to point out that I think hasn't been brought up is our communication on D. From jump, I've always said the one thing I praise Chandler for is how much he talks on D. I remember the first game report I did when I went to the Wiz vs Knicks game. I was amazed at how much he communicates on D. Kidd is the same way. Melo is good at it also. Sheed has always been stellar. Growing up playing basketball, talking on defense was my weakness at first. I was a shy kid so I just wanted to do my part and lock my man down. Communication is so key for a solid defense... especially from your front court players.

#1 The Obvious- your're telling people where to go
#2 The Confusion- you're creating a lot of noise while the PG is barking out orders to his offense
#3 The 2nd guessing- When point guards hear you making adjustments or saying what they're gonna do before they do it, they have to think about plan B.

Kudos to our guys for quality communication on defense for the most part. The biggest props however has to go to Mike Woodson who hasn't gotten enough recognition for the coaching job he's been doing with a roster that is less talented than the teams we're beating.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #265
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good post Franchize.

Disagree with the less talented part though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #266
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The story of his career, you know.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #267
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

One of the craziest (if not the craziest) games I've ever played. Both teams hit everything in the 4th.

But there are some good news. We might not lose because I did a lot of things different than in the first 2 games.
a) I played first two games at least 24 hours before an actual game (I played this one 10 hours before)

Mother of god !
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #268
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:

How dare you, Clutch!

http://youtu.be/Eobuu-IexvI

Last edited by Rameek : 11-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #269
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Disturbing tidbit: We are the first team ever to go 6-0 yet get outrebounded every game.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #270
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I blame Clutch, Woodson and Chandler for this loss.

Clutch- because you lost on 2k
Woodson- for not making the proper adjustments. This was a terrible game for him coaching wise. He had Melo guarding Gasol and Z-Bo all game. Memphis exploited this over and over and he stuck with it. And when Sheed had that strong 1st half, why did we not play him in the 2nd half during our comeback?
Chandler- It's official. I'm done with this guy. He's so overrated and overpaid. He doesnt even rebound anymore. He got killed down low tonight. Him and Novak are getting exposed this year...just like I thought they would. Trade him now before it's too late. N No..I'm not just overreacting to this game. I've been unimpressed by this guy for a while. I've reached my breaking point. He needs to go. The contract doesn't remotely warrant the production.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: