Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #391
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Nice win for the Bockers. There is no such thing as an easy road win, especially in the beginning of the year, before teams start tanking.

Now off to Miami. We can win that game, if we don't have to play against the refs as well.
I doubt we'll win. It just doesn't seem right.
Heat are well rested and coming from the embarrassing loss against the Wizards. Also they are undeafeated at home.
On the other hand Knicks are tired from last night,their best player is injured (not to mention Amare and Shump which are out for a while) and they just don't look anything more than solid on the road.

I think if the Knicks play their game they are able to beat anyone but the odds are against us. I'll be very impressed if we win.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #392
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I doubt we'll win. It just doesn't seem right.
Heat are well rested and coming from the embarrassing loss against the Wizards. Also they are undeafeated at home.
On the other hand Knicks are tired from last night,their best player is injured (not to mention Amare and Shump which are out for a while) and they just don't look anything more than solid on the road.

I think if the Knicks play their game they are able to beat anyone but the odds are against us. I'll be very impressed if we win.

They are going to try to take our heads off. #1 As you said, they had an embarassing loss. In fact, I saw that game. They looked like they didn't care. LeBron was giving Hi 5s to lil kids. They were doing tricks on the fast break. #2 They lost to us last time. If they lose again, the most they can do is split the season series and they have to play us again at home if I'm not mistaken. #3 I'm sure they'll want to hold off the "Whats wrong with the Heat?" overreactions from the media this time. It's become a bit much over the last 2 years and it clearly effected them at times. I'm sure LeBron, Wade and "Coach Spo" don't wanna have to answer those questions all over again. If we win, I'd be very impressed.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #393
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So much for Miami putting up a fight.

Blownout at the Garden, remixed in Miami.

This was all depth at work.

I think the league now knows how to take those dudes down.

Presented by #knickstape.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #394
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I could hardly be more impressed with the way Knicks played tonight. Yes,they hit some contested ones but a lot of their threes were wide open which was a result of beuatiful ball movement.

I've hoped for a win but I could've never imagined we'll crush the Heat like this without half of our team and on the road. Just a reminder,Heat were unbeaten at home until tonight.

Player of the game: Raymond Felton
27 points,4 rebounds,7 assists

Novakaine hit some momentum shots. Kidd made a lot of smart plays too. Brewer's defense on LeBron in the 2nd half was great. J.R. also hit some threes. Sheed played good defense in the 2nd half. Tyson was pretty good all game long.

Team as a unit played great.

AMAZING WIN
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #395
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

I LOVE THIS TEAM.

That is all.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #396
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

My favorite games list so far...

1. Tonight's game vs Heat (raped the previously undefeated-at-home defending champs at their place on primetime)

2. Spurs game (thrilling win over elite Western Conference team at their place)

3. Home opener vs Heat (spectacular start to season w/ city recovering from Sandy)

4. Bobcats game (surprisingly thrilling game, epic finish)

5. First Dallas game (solid win)
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #397
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the long term ramifications of this game are being overblown but that said...THIS WAS AN IMPRESSIVE WIN! Hats off to the Knicks and most specifically Raymond Felton. Felton is an average pg but I always love his confidence. He plays like he thinks he's an elite PG. Im proud of my Knicks. The worst we can do is tie Miami in the season series. Big time win. Granted, I dont think this is indicative of anything going forward. Miami is better than this for sure, but we got the job done! Proud Knicks fan right now.

Im just mad I missed the 4th qtr. I was in the hospital again. My boy (my friend) is actually doing worse =/
Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #398
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Impossible they said? They used to say the same thing about teaching women to read.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #399
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

felton impressed me, though i still dont think he can play like this consistently but he really dug deep to give us a great performance last night and orchestrated the offense beautifully with JKidd

anyone know if melo will suit up for the chicago game?

he shud have a good 2 days to let his finger heal
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #400
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
felton impressed me, though i still dont think he can play like this consistently but he really dug deep to give us a great performance last night and orchestrated the offense beautifully with JKidd

anyone know if melo will suit up for the chicago game?

he shud have a good 2 days to let his finger heal

Felton wo't be THIS good every night. He's an average PG. But as I said before, he always plays with the confidence of an elite PG. That's what we were missing with Lin. Things were all fineanddandy when we were playing a bad team or a team without a PG, but when it came down to the big time games or the ames against big time PG's, our back court was non existent. Felton plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's from down south but he plays like a NYer.

I think Melo hould sit this one out. We stole one from Miami. It's a back to back. Chicago isn't beating teams with talent. They win with effort and defense. We can do that without Melo. It'll be an uphill battle but we crtinly can beat them. Felton and Chandler have to have big games. Especilly Chandler. Noah has been playing really well lately. It's funny because Steven A Smith was antng about how Melo SHOULD play nd how "He'd better play." Then after the game, he said "I saw him shooting arund and he couldnt even catch the ball." I was hoping Melo came from behind th amera and slapped him lol. There were some other ppl on ESPN questiong whethe Melo was trying to avoid LeBron. I was thinking like, Melo has averaged over 25 vs LeBron since he's been a Knick. WTF would he be avoiding LeBron for?

Quote:

Impossible they said? They used to say the same thing about teaching women to read.

Wow you went all the way philosophical on that one lol I feel like watching Malcolm X all of a sudden lol
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #401
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

espn
Ten stats to know from the Knicks' win over the Heat on Thursday, with the help of vast resources, including the Elias Sports Bureau and Basketball-Reference.com.

1. The Knicks are 14-4, their best 18-game start since going 14-4 in 1993-94, a season in which they lost to the Houston Rockets in seven games in the NBA Finals.

2.Via Elias: The Knicks are the third team in NBA history to go on the road and beat a defending NBA champ by at least 20 points, while playing without their leading scorer. The other two are the 1998-99 Orlando Magic and Boston Celtics, each of whom beat the defending champion Chicago Bulls.

The Knicks have a pair of 20-point wins over the Heat. It’s the second time in Knicks' history that they’ve beaten a defending champ by 20-plus points twice in a season. They also did so against the Heat in the 2006-07 season.

3.The Knicks made 18 3-pointers in Thursday’s win. Their 218 3-pointers this season are 56 more than any other team. They are on pace to make 993 3-pointers, which would shatter the Orlando Magic’s NBA record of 841, set in 2009-10.

The Knicks are shooting 41 percent from 3-point range, third-best in the NBA behind the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat.

4. The Elias Sports Bureau reports that the Knicks, who made 19 3-pointers in their first meeting with the Heat, are the first team in NBA history to make at least 18 3-pointers in each of two straight games against the same team.

The Knicks, who attempted 41 3-pointers against the Charlotte Bobcats and 44 against the Heat, also joined the 1995-96 Dallas Mavericks as the only teams to attempt at least 40 3-pointers in consecutive games.

5. The two Knicks starting guards had outstanding games. Raymond Felton tied a career-high with his six 3-pointers. Jason Kidd finished a +31 (meaning the Knicks outscored the Heat by 31 points with him on the floor) in his 31 minutes.

Kidd’s +31 was the seventh-highest for him in 1,329 career regular-season games and the highest mark he’s ever had in a road game. His previous road best was a +30, also against the Heat, while a member of the Phoenix Suns in February, 2001.

6. Speaking of plus-minus, the Knicks outscored the Heat by 33 points with Dwyane Wade on the floor, handing him the worst plus-minus for a single game in his NBA career.

7. The Knicks most effective five-man unit on Thursday was that of Felton, Kidd, J.R. Smith, Steve Novak, and Tyson Chandler. In just over six minutes on the floor together, they outscored the Heat, 21-8 and combined for five 3-pointers.

8. The Knicks took greatest advantage of the Heat’s five-man unit of Wade, Ray Allen, LeBron James, Mike Miller and Joel Anthony. That group was on the floor together for just over two minutes. In that span, the Knicks were 4-for-4 from the field, 3-for-3 from 3-point range and 2-for-2 from the free throw line.

9. Going back to Novak, in two games against the Heat, he is 13-for-23 (57 percent) from the field, including 7-for-13 (54 percent) from 3-point range. He’s shooting 39 percent from the field and 41 percent from 3 against other opponents.

10. The Knicks finished with 20 assists and only seven turnovers, a season-low for a team against the Heat. The Knicks are turning the ball over on only 11 percent of their possessions this season, the best rate in the NBA.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #402
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Felton wo't be THIS good every night. He's an average PG. But as I said before, he always plays with the confidence of an elite PG. That's what we were missing with Lin. Things were all fineanddandy when we were playing a bad team or a team without a PG, but when it came down to the big time games or the ames against big time PG's, our back court was non existent. Felton plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's from down south but he plays like a NYer.
I disagree with the idea of Felton doesnt play well against elite guards. Very rarely do you find elite PG's go at each other and BOTH have a good game. I do believe Felton is a capable PG that is only as good as the components around him.

Luckily there are only 5 elite PG's in the league.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #403
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I disagree with the idea of Felton doesnt play well against elite guards. Very rarely do you find elite PG's go at each other and BOTH have a good game. I do believe Felton is a capable PG that is only as good as the components around him.

Luckily there are only 5 elite PG's in the league.
You misread what I posted. I was actually saying the opposite. He plays well in big time games as if he is elite, even though he isnt. I was saying last year Lin dominated lesser opposition, but quality PGs had their way offensively.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #404
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I couldn't watch the game. Wha' happened?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #405
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2-1 on the road trip, not a problem.

The Bulls have a solid defensive squad and took away one of our trength's...the three ball.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: