Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #436
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Felton sucks. The quicker Amar'e gets back, the better. It'll stop Felton from chucking us out of games. The other night when we beat Denver, we came from behind with Felton on the bench. Let's also not forget our last 2 losses, which are pretty much all due to Felton thinking he's Jordan or something. He has no feel for the game, of when to shoot or when to pass.

I'll give credit to Ray for one thing though. He is good at the p/r -alley oop with Chandler.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #437
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Felton sucks. The quicker Amar'e gets back, the better. It'll stop Felton from chucking us out of games. The other night when we beat Denver, we came from behind with Felton on the bench. Let's also not forget our last 2 losses, which are pretty much all due to Felton thinking he's Jordan or something. He has no feel for the game, of when to shoot or when to pass.

I'll give credit to Ray for one thing though. He is good at the p/r -alley oop with Chandler.
You are hilarious. So the last 2 loses was because Felton wasnt good. He isnt a top PG for sure. No one is even arguing that. But loses are because of 1 player? Its laughable. You cant say he shot the Knicks out the game when other players dont play well either. It cant be a team thing when Brewer, Jr, Novak arent good and if Felton doesnt help Tyson then he isnt good.

He isnt good enough to be a number 2 player. But he tries to his detriment. But dish out the same criticisim for all the other members of the team as well. Good defensive teams can expose flaws of a team. If the Knicks dont hit 3's then its going to be a terrible night. So instead of seeing the limitations of this roster against good defensive teams its because Felton was bad? Laughable.

I am not saying Felton is great or even anything remotely anything other than about average. But its not all his fault. The Knicks team gets exposed against good defensive teams. There is no penetration or ball movement hinse no open shots.

Like I said before when you made your other post blaming him is easy but when no one else shows up who is going to shoot. When they miss they go into a shell someone has to shoot. The 2 players that are going to shoot are Felton and JR.

Its the same thing with Jr smith. He's your number 2 player. You cant suck his tit when he's making bad shots but when those bad shots doesnt go in call him trash.

Franchize and I have been saying this from jump street the roster isnt that great. But how often are they going to face good defenses? How often other teams will have the talent to shut down the Knicks ability to shoot the 3?

When Stat comes back and puts up empty points dont grab many rebounds and disappear when he's on the floor with Melo or force feed Stat. Then its going to be he sucks...

This is why I get annoyed with everyone that sucks on Kidds tit. He makes the extra pass well he isnt that great of a shooter. He doesnt really play the PG role that great he stands around the perimeter things of that nature and he doesnt force the action. He does pick off bad passes which is great.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-12-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #438
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So now Felton is Toney Douglas? I am so sick of media sucking on Kidd's tit. Dude is playing solid but he is not doing anything special. People bitching about Felton dont understand how important he is because only 2 players on this team makes the defense collapse on them Felton and Jr. Thats key in basketball because if someone doesnt PENETRATE threaten the defense going to the hole there are no open looks on the perimeter. The only other way you get the defense out of position is having a post player. Well considering Melo is the only post player the Knicks need Felton and Jr. Also, running PNR....

The biggest problem is in tight games against good defensive teams not having a 2nd go to player hurts this team! I really believe the Nets are just a bad match up. Felton is trying to step up out of his comfort zone and help this team by scoring more and doing more than he needs to.

Nail...meeet head! (I would add Melo to that list of ppl that make the defense collapse) Felton is incredibly important to what we do. Yes, he played poorly vs the Nets. Yes, he chucked against Chicago...but who did he have to pass to? Let's not just skip pass the Heat game. He gets the game ball for that game. More importantly, Felton has earned his check merely for the fact that when he has a 6 or 7 turnover game...it's an off game for him. If we had 6 or 7 TOs in a game with our previous 3 PGs, it was the norm. I've been posting on this site since before Felton's 1st tenure here. Those who knew me then know I'm by no means a Felton fan...but I gotta give the guy credit. He was definitely a bargain and worth every penny.

And I agree. Kidd is playing well... but he gets more credit for our wins than Melo does. We'd better beware of buying into this Kidd koolaid. Ship Shumpert to the bench if you want to. When playoff time comes and team's defense is at an all time high...Is Kidd going to get shut out like Novak did last year? When teams are locking up and closing out on the 3 point shot. What then?

Quote:
Franchize and I have been saying this from jump street the roster isnt that great. But how often are they going to face good defenses? How often other teams will have the talent to shut down the Knicks ability to shoot the 3?

Let's just hope we don't have to encounter that lol All I know is, when Melo goes to the bench, we automatically become a mediocre team.

Last edited by franchize : 12-12-2012 at 03:26 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #439
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When a POINT GUARD takes 30 shots, he has put the win or loss squarely on his shoulders. Last night, Melo didn't even take 25 shots and scored 45. He had no one to pass to? Isn't it the point guards job to find open shots for his teammates? Novak had 4 shots in Chicago in 31 minutes.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #440
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, reading the last few comments, I'd swear the team was 5-16.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #441
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
When a POINT GUARD takes 30 shots, he has put the win or loss squarely on his shoulders. Last night, Melo didn't even take 25 shots and scored 45. He had no one to pass to? Isn't it the point guards job to find open shots for his teammates? Novak had 4 shots in Chicago in 31 minutes.
Because these other guys start 0-5 or whatever guess what happens? You watch the game they dont want to shoot the rock. The confidence the role players have is temperamental. They treat the ball like a hot potato they dont want it. So yes it will fall to Melo, Jr, Felton to shoot. Of course I dont want Felton to take 30 shots or more shots than Melo but if others are not going to shoot someone has to. You see the games you know these guys are getting the touches but they wont shoot and their strengths are not creating there own shots.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #442
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

BECAUSE NOVAK IS NOT GOOD PLAYER! HE'S a GOOD 3 POINT SHOOTER

I keep trying to tell you guys that. Novak is a specialty player. If the defense forgets about him, he can help you. If they remember to close out, he's absolutely useless. You can usually tell within the first 2 or 3 minutes whether Novak should play or not. If he's missing or the defense is closing out the way they should, he might as well sit his ass down. Did you not see the playoffs? I understand the outcome was inevitable. Did you not bother watching the games? lol Those open 3's are fine and dandy but if his man doesnt help off of him, it's a wrap. It's like boxing a man with one arm. You already know what he's going to do.

Quote:

It's not that. The great teams get better and don't get complacent. When we start winning, it's like people forget about our glaring needs and problems. Then, when we hit a bump in the road (as all teams do in an 82 game season), we want to blame our best players. The problem has been staring us in the face all along. Kidd and Novak being parked on the 3 point line isn't going to be the solution all year long. Chandler catching alley oops and not having a single back to the basket move isn't going to work. You saw the Nets make the proper adjustments. That's what good teams do. Eventually, teams are going to let Melo get his points (which is inevitable) and say "Let's just not let anyone else beat us." Then, Melo will be putting up his numbers and you guys will be saying "Melo's selfish." No! Melo is the only guy that can create his own shot. You guys are going to appreciate JR Smith and Raymond Felton come playoff time. And you'd better pray to the heavens that Amare comes back and plays well. Melo and a bunch of 3 point shooters isn't going to cut it. Even LeBron has Wade and Bosh.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #443
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm looking at our schedule and there's a 6 game home stand coming up. I know we've been perfect at home but this is by no means easy schedule:

We'll host:
Lakers - hungry for the win,Kobe always plays great at MSG
Cavaliers - our kryptonite,they always play well against us
Rockets - beat us by 30 earlier in the season
Nets - first two games were very close
Bulls - always play hard
Wolves - Love and his rebounding

I think 4-2 would be good and 5-1 would be terrific. I doubt we'll go 6-0 because we're already 8-0 at home,I doubt we'll win 14 straight at MSG. That's a hard thing to do.

Tonight we play the Lakers. As I previously stated I think the Knicks are the favorites at MSG no matter who they play against.
Even though I want us to smash the D'Antoni's Lakers I think it will be a close game. Both Melo and Kobe have been on a tear recently so we can expect a big scoring duel. If we play hard and with a desire to win I have no doubts we'll win.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #444
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Because these other guys start 0-5 or whatever guess what happens? You watch the game they dont want to shoot the rock. The confidence the role players have is temperamental. They treat the ball like a hot potato they dont want it. So yes it will fall to Melo, Jr, Felton to shoot. Of course I dont want Felton to take 30 shots or more shots than Melo but if others are not going to shoot someone has to. You see the games you know these guys are getting the touches but they wont shoot and their strengths are not creating there own shots.

Problem is, a lot of fans gauge their support for a player's shooting on whether the shots go in. If a player takes 5 shots and misses them all, I don't get mad if it's a shot they're used to making. If Novak is missing open 3's, while he's in the game, he should still shoot them. It's up to Woodson to sit him down.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #445
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

I thought we were....
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #446
Sarcastic

Quote:

I watched that game. He was taking shots early in the shot clock without passing it around, or even trying to get others involved. He was playing hero ball from the moment the game started, and we lost because of it.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #447
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Woodson killed Melo's momentu. We should have put a foot on the Lakers neck. Melo went out and lo and behold...lead gone. If the Lakers D wasnt so bd, we'd be screwed. Thank goodness we'r playing against Antoni lol
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #448
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Melo sprained his ankle.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #449
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo's injury ruined the game for me. I just can't be as happy as I should while worrying on will Melo be ok.

Ankle sprains are often minor injuries but they can get bad. Last year Stephen Curry missed a ton of games because of it.
And knowing the Knicks medical staff I'm certainly worried.

Novak finally hit some threes,J.R. was huge for us,Kidd's defense on Kobe was great for most of the game and Sheed also played solid.

Felton went into hero mode once again,Tyson sucked for most of the game. He did made some huge plays at the end though.

Melo was Melo. Just amazing. 30 points on 10-15 shooting. He would have gone for 40+ if he didn't get injured.

Melo
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #450
Sarcastic

Another pure gem for Felton. 9 for 26, and 0 for 3 from 3 point range.

He actually managed to outchuck Kobe.

I honestly didn't think it was possible, but Raymond proved me wrong.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: