Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #481
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Next time someone asks why I'm so cautiously optimistic, I'll refer them to this game. We just have too many guys who are liabilities. Sole bright spot has been Copeland. Once he gained his confidence, he started going. He's still too unselfish. He plays like he's just trying to not mess up at times. You cant be an effective player like that. Just play your game.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #482
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Copeland can score but he's a defensive liability. He doesnt understand his responsibilities with rotations etc....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #483
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

We were missing like 80% of our starting lineup. This loss to Houston was solely due to all the injuries.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #484
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
We were missing like 80% of our starting lineup. This loss to Houston was solely due to all the injuries.
I dont think so. We get credit for winning without players but use it as an excuse not to win.

They executed the Knicks didnt.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #485
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Doesn't matter. Embarrassing loss. Defensive effort just wasn't there.

What hurts me the most is the fact that they lost by 30 last time against them,Lin was coming back and they still played like they have nothing to play for.
They looked like they weren't even embarrassed by this team last time they play and that are fine with letting it happen again.

No pride whatsoever. As poor as Tyson's defense has been I got to give him credit for that flagrant foul. At least he showed that he cared at least a little bit.

We were embarrassed again,at our home court and with Lin playing one of his best games as a Rocket. You can't blame this one injury. This was pathetic. I don't care who was out. PATHETIC

But I really don't care as much for this game as I care about the game against Brooklyn on Wednesday. Beat them and I'll forget about this loss in a moment.
We need Melo back but more importantly WE NEED OUR DEFENSE BACK.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #486
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It wasn't about the lost. It was about HOW we lost. We lost that first game to Brooklyn but I liked our effort. This game, we couldn't stop a nose bleed (to quote Bart Scott). Our offensive execution was horrific mainly because, as I've said over and over, we don't have enough play-makers. It's becoming apparent that JR Smith is going to be the X factor of our season. Melo is going to get his. Everyone else pretty much is who they are. JR is like Jeckel & Hyde. Outside of Melo, he's the only guy who can consistently put pressure on the defense.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #487
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
It wasn't about the lost. It was about HOW we lost. We lost that first game to Brooklyn but I liked our effort. This game, we couldn't stop a nose bleed (to quote Bart Scott). Our offensive execution was horrific mainly because, as I've said over and over, we don't have enough play-makers. It's becoming apparent that JR Smith is going to be the X factor of our season. Melo is going to get his. Everyone else pretty much is who they are. JR is like Jeckel & Hyde. Outside of Melo, he's the only guy who can consistently put pressure on the defense.
Couldn't agree more. We're 18-6. You can't win them all. But you can at least TRY to win them all. Knicks played without any passion last night,like they didn't want to win. There was like 5 minutes of good play in the 3rd quarter where they cut it to 5 and that's it. Other than that they played horrible. Their effort was horrible. Their defense was horrible. Their offense was horrible.

EVERYTHING WAS HORRIBLE.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #488
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont think so. We get credit for winning without players but use it as an excuse not to win.

They executed the Knicks didnt.

The win in Miami was fool's gold. You can't think the Knicks can replicate that every night. This team is built around having Melo and Amare. If you think those guys wouldn't make a difference last night, then basically what you are telling me is you still don't believe in our core.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #489
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:

The win in Miami was fool's gold. You can't think the Knicks can replicate that every night. This team is built around having Melo and Amare. If you think those guys wouldn't make a difference last night, then basically what you are telling me is you still don't believe in our core.
They would help our offense but our defense would still be trash.
Neither was good but I say the main reason for this loss was horrible defense and then the offense.

I can't wait for Shump to get back. We can only hope he'll play at least close to last year's level.
After playing great defense in the first few games the Knicks defense has disappeared. We are winning games solely on our offense. We get stops only when we really need them. Sometimes it's not that easy to turn up the defense so we lose those games (twice against Houston,Dallas...).
Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #490
Sarcastic

That bad defense is in part a function of having no offense. We take awful shots (courtesy of Felton), which leads to long rebounds, and easy points the other way for the other team.

Right now Felton's TS% is .475, which is even worse than he was last year when he was out of shape in Portland, to put that in perspective. He has taken 390 shots, and only scored 389 points. He has less than 1 POINT PER SHOT!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #491
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

I think what he's saying is, if we're going to overrate our bench players when we win games without Melo, then we have to hold them accountable when they drop duds like they did Monday. Every game, it's a new role player getting credit for a win, but when we lose it's like "well we didn't have Melo and Amare." Well then that should tell you the real reason we're winning is because mainly because of Carmelo Anthony! lol
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #492
Sarcastic

I don't think I overrate the bench. The Miami win was luck.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #493
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
I think what he's saying is, if we're going to overrate our bench players when we win games without Melo, then we have to hold them accountable when they drop duds like they did Monday. Every game, it's a new role player getting credit for a win, but when we lose it's like "well we didn't have Melo and Amare." Well then that should tell you the real reason we're winning is because mainly because of Carmelo Anthony! lol

I know a few people would get it....

Quote:

Been saying that for the longest.... JR is our number 2. No matter what happens it falls on his shoulders. Felton tried for a few games to be number 2 but he is playing injured and its not his game.

This is why people should be careful for what they wish for (No need for Stat). Franchize has always said this Stat has to be the number 2! (This was the reason I liked Lin I felt he could be a 2, under Dumbtoni thats another discussion for another day!) Stat is the 2nd most talented player on the team that can/should be consistent and dependable when healthy night in and night out. This team goes NO WHERE without Stat being number 2. Even if he's only playing 25 to 30 minutes thats 25 to 30 minutes Melo doesnt have to have the brunt of the team on his shoulders.

This bench isnt that good the players arent that talented. Box and 1 exposes this team all the time! (Who saw what I did there? Honestly, who gets this reference? I C U Franchize)

This team does nothing without Stat! Outside of Melo this is the guy you need to go win anything.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #494
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Yall can't be serious, two of our starters haven't played the entire year.

That means two bench players stepped up to be starters, and ironically both have exceeded expectations.

This "the bench aint good" should be officially dead.

The argument was the bench at times should be expected to relieve the starters.

What better way to show it by having two starting since day one on a team that is 18-6?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #495
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Yall can't be serious, two of our starters haven't played the entire year.

That means two bench players stepped up to be starters, and ironically both have exceeded expectations.

This "the bench aint good" should be officially dead.

The argument was the bench at times should be expected to relieve the starters.

What better way to show it by having two starting since day one on a team that is 18-6?
No its been implied that the current make up without Shump/Stat the bench is good and this is a championship team. Thats ludicrous. This record and these W's have clouded some fans minds. The team has 3 clearly above average players. 2 are out. Average players are not consistent thats why they are average (maybe not good term).

At this point I really dont care about the records and regular season. You cant expect to win in the playoffs without a number 2. I dont care how good anyone thinks the bench is or any other player on the roster is. Stat is needed to be a number 2 or the Knicks go no where. The lack of a consistent number 2 is quite evident.

Why some ask? You need a consistent player that you can count on nightly to produce!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: