Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #496
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

This bench isnt that good the players arent that talented. Box and 1 exposes this team all the time! (Who saw what I did there? Honestly, who gets this reference? I C U Franchize)

This team does nothing without Stat! Outside of Melo this is the guy you need to go win anything.

I got the reference lol

But obviously I agree with you. I'm not trying to diminish what we've done. This is more than just getting lucky. We've beat some quality teams TWICE. We've beat teams on the road. We've beat teams with a depleted lineup. I won't dare poo poo what we've done this year. That said, I won't act like I'm blind o the fact that our roster has serious question marks.

#1. Injuries happen, and they seem to happen awfully often to Amare Stoudemire

#2 The Playoffs are a different beast. Teams are doing their homework and adhering to scouting reports a hell of a lot harder. They're focused on you and you alone. We saw this last year. Those open J's Novak was getting before came to an end really quick. I just don't see where we got anybody different to throw a monkey wrench in things. We just got more guys who do the same thing Novak does offensively...Shoot 3's. Kidd rarely penetrates or takes 2's. Brewer is inept offensively for the most part. Prigioni ... (I dont even need to discuss him offensively). Chandler is only good for pick and rolls and putbacks. Sheed CAN post up bt refuses to (despite his declaration to). All he does is hoist up 3's. Copeland is still an ?. Who knows what we'll get from him. James White is just another guy out there running up and down the court. He might as well be a referee. When the bad teams are eliminated, and the quality teams are hungry in the playoffs... then what? Teams play big time D come playoff time. Who's going to be the guys to make a play when the defense is staying home on their man instead of leaving these guys, that are parked on the arc, wide open? Felton and JR are the only guys outside of Amare and Melo that can create their own shot. Felton has been pressing and JR Smith is a fascinating enigma. This is all I'm saying.

Quote:
I don't think I overrate the bench. The Miami win was luck.
I didn't mean YOU specifically. I meant you as in people that were doing that. I need to stop doing that. I'm sorry.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #497
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn guys.
Another win in a difficult game.
So, are we really real?
We are almost 1/3 into the league schedule and we are leading the East at .760.
What is our objective now?
Before the start of the season I would have been happy with a 2nd round exit. But now?
EC finals? EC champions? Nba champions?

What say you?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #498
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if we can get one of the top 2 spots, i dont see why we cant make it to the ECF...and we still have a chance at advancing if we are healthy

id hate to see OKC, grizz or Lakers (i think they will start clicking in the 2nd half)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #499
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Damn guys.
So, are we really real?
Before the start of the season I would have been happy with a 2nd round exit. But now?

What say you?
Of course championship is the main goal but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Going into ECF and putting up a fight (forcing Miami to 6 or 7 games) would be a great success. Anything more would be spectacular.

I don't think we'll win a championship but for the first time in more than a decade this team at least has a shot at winning it all.
1st round win is a must,2nd round win and proceeding into ECF is our goal,anything else is just a bonus.

We can beat Miami but we sure as hell won't be favorites if these two teams meet in the playoffs.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #500
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think our basement should be winning our 1st round matchup and our ceiling is probably the ECF. I can't see us beating Miami 4 times in a series quite yet. I'm actually hoping that some of these teams that are playing uncharacteristically bad play better. I dont wanna have to play a team like Indiana in the first round.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #501
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think our basement should be winning our 1st round matchup and our ceiling is probably the ECF. I can't see us beating Miami 4 times in a series quite yet. I'm actually hoping that some of these teams that are playing uncharacteristically bad play better. I dont wanna have to play a team like Indiana in the first round.
I'm not afraid of Indiana. I think we would have an easier time against them than against Brooklyn,Boston or Chicago.

Give me Indiana,Philly or Milwaukee in the 1st round. Atlanta too.

I just want to avoid Miami,Brooklyn and Boston. Chicago too.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #502
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm not afraid of Indiana. I think we would have an easier time against them than against Brooklyn,Boston or Chicago.

Give me Indiana,Philly or Milwaukee in the 1st round. Atlanta too.

I just want to avoid Miami,Brooklyn and Boston. Chicago too.

Well I expect those teams to be in the upper half anyway. I mean of the mid tier teams. I'd rather play Boston than Indiana though. I think we match up better and Melo always kills them.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #503
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Damn guys.
So, are we really real?

What say you?

This team was built to win now. There's a reason they put a picture of the trophy on everyone's locker.

Some of you guys need to be a bit more ambitious, and finally come to grips that we have a really good team. I feel like a broken record for keep on saying this, but it's true. It seems like everyone is just waiting for the bad news to happen, or the losing streak to start. But I don't think that's the case this year.

It's funny, when I watched the last 2 Giants SBs, all the NY Giants fans were confident we could beat the Pats, even the 18-0 team in 2007. And these were teams that just barely snuck into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. When it comes to the Knicks, we will very likely have a top 2 seed, and the fans are worried about 7 and 8 seed teams.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #504
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Well I expect those teams to be in the upper half anyway. I mean of the mid tier teams. I'd rather play Boston than Indiana though. I think we match up better and Melo always kills them.
Celtics are tough and tested in the playoffs. I don't want to face them,especially not in the 1st round.
We pretty much owned the Pacers in the last 2 seasons and I expect the same to happen in the playoffs. I'm sure we would beat them easily,4-2 at most.

Not so sure about the Celtics though. It would be a really tough series. I think this Knicks team has more than 50% chance at beating anyone not named Miami in the playoffs. We have a shot at beating the Heat too but it's under 50%. Heat would be favorites if we meet.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #505
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Celtics are tough and tested in the playoffs. I don't want to face them,especially not in the 1st round.
We pretty much owned the Pacers in the last 2 seasons and I expect the same to happen in the playoffs. I'm sure we would beat them easily,4-2 at most.

Not so sure about the Celtics though. It would be a really tough series. I think this Knicks team has more than 50% chance at beating anyone not named Miami in the playoffs. We have a shot at beating the Heat too but it's under 50%. Heat would be favorites if we meet.

Wow really? I want nothing more than to put those old dinosaurs out of their misery, and end that team for a long time.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #506
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Wow really? I want nothing more than to put those old dinosaurs out of their misery, and end that team for a long time.
I want that too. I hate the Celtics. The only team that I hate more is Miami.

But to be honest I think they are a lot tougher matchup for us than the Pacers.
As much as I want to beat them I'd still choose to play against an easier opponent in the 1st round. If Celtics are really good then we'll meet in the 2nd round or in the ECF (not likely) anyways.

I don't know what you guys see in Indiana. They are just a bunch of very good role players. They don't have a star. We're just flat out a more talented team. Old guy Paul Pierce is still more dangerous than anyone on the Pacers roster. Same thing goes for Philly. Just a bunch of role players.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #507
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honestly can't gauge any team this group hasn't played yet.

A lot of teams have changed their rosters and game plans.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #508
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Honestly can't gauge any team this group hasn't played yet.

A lot of teams have changed their rosters and game plans.
The knicks havent even played everyone in the Atlantic or the Eastern Conference. I am not worried about seedings or match ups at this point.
Some teams have injuries, there's the trading deadline as well.
Then the Knicks need to see what this team will be like with Wallace, Shump, Camby, and Stat in the rotation.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #509
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The knicks havent even played everyone in the Atlantic or the Eastern Conference. I am not worried about seedings or match ups at this point.
Some teams have injuries, there's the trading deadline as well.
Then the Knicks need to see what this team will be like with Wallace, Shump, Camby, and Stat in the rotation.
Speaking of which, when are Wallace and Camby coming back?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #510
Clutch
NBA Legend

From the teams we still haven't played against I really want us see play against the Celtics,Clippers and Thunder.

These games should be fun.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: