Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #541
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I'm in Florida and I haven't seen any games since Friday.
You havent missed alot.

Team has squeaked in a few wins, has been slightly above .500 the last ten.

No one seems to be interested in defending and we still have a staring lineup full of non shooters.

Against the Lakers I thought Woodson was on to something when he started Kurt and place him in as the 4, but he didn't hardly play.

I would love to see an actual starting lineup about now, tired of seeing the D'antoni lineup.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #542
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I keep saying it but it's funny how every game we win, the pundits have a new guy they want to credit the victory with but I see the same two guys carrying our asses every game. JR and Melo have saved our butts! Jr has a wonderful game yesterday. He took on Kobe head on. Did he stop him? No. Who can? But when he guarded Kobe, Kobe had to work and make tough shots just like Melo had to make tough shots vs World Peace.

We are coming back down to Earth. Kidd is playing like the Kidd of the last 2 years. Scrappy plays and smart decisions but ZERO in the form of point production. Kidd is passing up wide open looks now which is kiling the shot clock. Brewer has been horrendous. I liked the pickup because he was cheap and brought very good defense to the table, but this guy cannot continue to play major minutes. Tyson Chandler is back to getting hammered on the boards again. And my goodness, how many easy layups did he miss last night? He also fumbled the ball and had to pass it out about 5 times. Novak ids Novak and you can tell within the 1st 5 possessions whether he'll be of an use.

Last night was one of those "good losses". #1 It brought us back down to Earth and showed the nonsensical pundits that Amare and Shumpert are needed. #2 We played well. A couple calls and shots go our way and that would've been a win. Not saying it's a moral victory, but I don't mind losses where we play well. We were playing a team at full strength....that's emotional charge because Nash is back....that is probably looking to get revenge after we put it on them in MSG. #3 We got production out of Kurt Thomas and Marcus Camby. I actually thought we looked better when Camby was on the court at times over Chandler because last night we needed his shot blocking. Camby is also more skilled than Chandler offensively. Im not saying he should start but as he gets back in shape, we should play him more. Kurt Flirt also gave us some good minutes lol We desperately need scoring though. I think it's time to start Jr and I agree with Knickscity...enough with the D'antoni small lineup.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #543
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I'm in Florida and I haven't seen any games since Friday.
I wish I could say the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Against the Lakers I thought Woodson was on to something when he started Kurt and place him in as the 4, but he didn't hardly play.

I would love to see an actual starting lineup about now, tired of seeing the D'antoni lineup.
Yeah,it makes no sense to start Brewer anymore. We should start Kurt Thomas over him. At least Kurt provides us with size,rebounding and some shot blocking.
He's even a better shooter than Brewer
Starting Brewer doesn't give us anything anymore,it just results in Melo having to guard much bigger guys.

Start Felton/Kidd/Melo/Kurt/Tyson until Amare comes back.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-26-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #544
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Felton is clearly injured. He's holding his hand every time down court. He needs to rest.

If he is hurt, why is he shooting more?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #545
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Yes it is time to start jr smith- imagine having the opportunity thrown in your face but never even trying him as a starter. The guy deserves it and would be a better player in that role. There is no way to play 2 bigs without getting jr into that unit
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #546
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If he is hurt, why is he shooting more?
because he is surrounded by bricklayers in kidd and brewer and lately novak?

My only issue with Felton is his threes, he's shooting 29% for the month.

But he is being told to be aggressive, i have no issues with him otherwise.

Are you denying the guy is hurt?

Did you ask why Melo is still shooting when his wrist and hammy was hurt last year?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #547
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Yes it is time to start jr smith- imagine having the opportunity thrown in your face but never even trying him as a starter. The guy deserves it and would be a better player in that role. There is no way to play 2 bigs without getting jr into that unit
Yup, I think Woodson is being stubborn with that one.

He gave JR the impression that he could earn that spot, and JR earned it imo.

What even better is JR has played overall pretty good even though his shooting has been off at times.

But for me it isn't just Brewer and JR, it's the entire lineup.

Tyson Kurt Melo JR Felton needs to be the starting lineup asap.

Kidd can spot of jumpers off the bench, with Pablo getting a little more burn.

Brewer can be a glue bench guy ala Jeffries.

Marcus backs up Tyson and plays a few minutes at the 4 with Tyson.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #548
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damnit Knickscity if you say Jeffries name one more time lmaoooooo I thought we got ointment for that disease?

As far as Felton goes, if youre going to be in there, you have to shoot the shots. We have too many guys not shooting quality shots. Its not like Felton is taking poor shots. Most of his shots are open 3s and layups.

This is where not having a quality backup pg is killing us. We need another guy who can collapse the D.

I think a guy who would fit in perfectly is Delonte West. He can play both guard positions. He can knock down the three and penetrate. He can help us in the long run and when Shump gets back. He has familiarity with Jason Kidd, who is known for his leadership. And he banged LeBrons mom
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #549
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Damnit Knickscity if you say Jeffries name one more time lmaoooooo I thought we got ointment for that disease?

As far as Felton goes, if youre going to be in there, you have to shoot the shots. We have too many guys not shooting quality shots. Its not like Felton is taking poor shots. Most of his shots are open 3s and layups.

This is where not having a quality backup pg is killing us. We need another guy who can collapse the D.

I think a guy who would fit in perfectly is Delonte West. He can play both guard positions. He can knock down the three and penetrate. He can help us in the long run and when Shump gets back. He has familiarity with Jason Kidd, who is known for his leadership. And he banged LeBrons mom
LeBron's mom agrees

I always liked Delonte but he's bit of a headcase. That's probably the main reason why no one has picked him up yet.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #550
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Felton has been hurt for 2 weeks. His hands have bone bruising. I am glad I don't have ti hear about jkidd is the reason the Knicks are good.

Can't start JR because the 2nd unit can't score or defend well. The Knicks don't have good shooters or athletes. So there will be inconsistencies.

The team needs Shump and Stat then give them 2 weeks. Then we can judge then.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #551
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Ride the wave they built up a great record early let's wait and see.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #552
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If our second unit can't score or defend, then put Felton over there and let him chuck with them. Because right now he is absolutely killing our first unit, that can't score nor defend either. Kidd, Brewer, and Tyson can't score. Those are a given. That leaves Melo and Ray Chucker as the only 2 options, and for the past month Ray can't score either. At least not at a satisfactory NBA rate. He is scoring like a D-Leaguer. I hate to bring the comparison up, but Lin is absolutely looking like the better option. And I was never a Lin fan to begin with.

It's not just me saying it either. I'm just the trendsetter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...o-bench-felton
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #553
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If our second unit can't score or defend, then put Felton over there and let him chuck with them. Because right now he is absolutely killing our first unit, that can't score nor defend either. Kidd, Brewer, and Tyson can't score. Those are a given. That leaves Melo and Ray Chucker as the only 2 options, and for the past month Ray can't score either. At least not at a satisfactory NBA rate. He is scoring like a D-Leaguer. I hate to bring the comparison up, but Lin is absolutely looking like the better option. And I was never a Lin fan to begin with.

It's not just me saying it either. I'm just the trendsetter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...o-bench-felton
Ummm Lin is getting 12 and 6. He isnt exactly setting the world on fire.

As for West, he's a headcase but guys who are trying to keep a job tend to mellow the hell out. Weird how that works lol Look at Andray Blatche. I suggested him and you guys were like HELL NO! He's playing well for BK though. I would take him over Kurt Thomas any day.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #554
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

As for West, he's a headcase but guys who are trying to keep a job tend to mellow the hell out. Weird how that works lol Look at Andray Blatche. I suggested him and you guys were like HELL NO! He's playing well for BK though. I would take him over Kurt Thomas any day.
No one knocks Blatche talent, but his production is of an empty variety.

That team should be better.

Didn't they lose damn near every game he started?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #555
Sarcastic

Quote:

In Lin's last 10 he is doing 14.6 and 6.5 on 50% shooting. That's exactly what I want from the PG spot.

Felton is doing 15.7 and 5.2 on 34% shooting. No typo. Thirty four percent. That's exactly what I don't want from the PG spot. He's chucking like he's trying to prove he belongs, but the more he chucks the more he proves he doesn't belong. It's a catch 22 for him, but he doesn't know it.

BTW no Melo and no Felton for tonight's game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: