Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #46
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
One of my bigges fearsthis season is that Felton is going to be looking over his shoulder all season because we feel compelled to play Kidd. Seems like we want Kidd to be the better guy so bad but production just desnt warrant it. Best believe if Felton goes cold for a few games, that conversation will be had repeatedly. It's like Tebow lite lol

Kidd will play the 2 a lot this season alongside Felton. Book it.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #47
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The only way I want to see kidd on the floor at the end of games if we are down 50 or up 50. This guy is terrible.
No he isn't.

Terrible is having Toney Douglas in that situation.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #48
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
No he isn't.

Terrible is having Toney Douglas in that situation.
This. He actually made some clutch plays against the Celtics.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Amar'e said he will play on Friday at Toronto.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
Jasi
Quality?

C'mon now.
Kidd was the starting PG of the NBA champions 16 months ago.
He may be 39 now, but "terrible" as a back up PG is far fetched.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #51
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Kidd is not terrible. He's competent. He's not going to make a bunch of mistakes. That being said, I think his minutes should be limited and it should be set in stone that he's the backup. I don't want to see him splitting time with Felton. I don't want to see him playing the 2. I don't want to see any of that. The point guard position should be Raymond Feltons and Kidd should be the backup. Period!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #52
Rameek
Krust Kingz

the championship run was great JKidd was on the decline then. Obviously some of you didnt watch this dude last year. the guy was a stiff. He just hung out on the perimeter. His most effective play was getting steals through the passing lane. He didnt shoot particularly well and couldnt penetrate. He has absolutely no ability to play laterally.

Rodrigue Beaubois and Delonte West were better than Kidd last year especially Beaubois.

Now comparing him to Toney Douglas is off base and irrelevant. Picking between 2 evils is still evil. Is there a level of ineptitude that TD exhibited granted but bringing in Kidd still isnt a great move.

I was on board with JKidd if he was going to teach Lin.

As you watch this guy play you will see he can not play the position effectively.

This is not Steve Nash who can still play with no hinderance of mobility, setting up the team, shooting etc....

I cant see this guy playing more than 15 - 18 minutes a game. This guy still thinks he's a starter is ridiculous. This 4th quarter business is insulting. I am not a super supporter of Felton but unless he is the reason the team isnt getting it done in the 4th quarter then make a change but before a practice takes place this is what Kidd wants and Woodson wants is IDIOTIC. This is what pisses me off the most about Kidd and Woodson.

God forbid if Felton gets hurt and this KRUST has to play major minutes. It will be disgusting. At least Pablo still can move I rather see him get those minutes if he can prove to be effective.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #53
Jasi
Quality?

So we have a backup PG who is a bit worse than Beaubois?
I'm fine with that.
Especially if he brings a lot more to the table than Beaubois in the locker room.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #54
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
the championship run was great JKidd was on the decline then. Obviously some of you didnt watch this dude last year. the guy was a stiff. He just hung out on the perimeter. His most effective play was getting steals through the passing lane. He didnt shoot particularly well and couldnt penetrate. He has absolutely no ability to play laterally.

Rodrigue Beaubois and Delonte West were better than Kidd last year especially Beaubois.

Now comparing him to Toney Douglas is off base and irrelevant. Picking between 2 evils is still evil. Is there a level of ineptitude that TD exhibited granted but bringing in Kidd still isnt a great move.

I was on board with JKidd if he was going to teach Lin.

As you watch this guy play you will see he can not play the position effectively.

This is not Steve Nash who can still play with no hinderance of mobility, setting up the team, shooting etc....

I cant see this guy playing more than 15 - 18 minutes a game. This guy still thinks he's a starter is ridiculous. This 4th quarter business is insulting. I am not a super supporter of Felton but unless he is the reason the team isnt getting it done in the 4th quarter then make a change but before a practice takes place this is what Kidd wants and Woodson wants is IDIOTIC. This is what pisses me off the most about Kidd and Woodson.

God forbid if Felton gets hurt and this KRUST has to play major minutes. It will be disgusting. At least Pablo still can move I rather see him get those minutes if he can prove to be effective.

Hey man...I can't disagree with any of your points really. My issue is, when I brought this up BEFORE we got Kidd, when it was just a rumor, everyone said I was crazy. I didn't like the signing whether we kept Lin or not. This isnt the NFL. PG's don't hold clipboards and get groomed. All that ends up happening is the old guy starts trying to prove he's still capable. Then, once the young guy has a few bad games, the coach wants to go to old faithful.

Kidd won't make a bunch of mistakes but he also doesn't create any plays. My dad broke down some stats and did some math. Jason Kidd averaged ONE 2 point field goal per game. That's ONE shot inside the arc. ONE! Which means he's not penetrating and dishing...his claim to fame. He's not causing the defense to shift. He's not putting pressure on his man or the help. Wasn't our biggest problem stagnant offense and guys just parking around the 3 point line? I'm sorry. I have to agree with Rameek on this one. It's one thing if the guy was a vet min player. Kidd makes about the same if not more than Felton...over 3 years. That's just not being a responsible GM. Bottom line is, Glen Grunwald repeatedly took the easy way out this summer and I hope it doesn't bite us in the ass. I too am no Felton fan but Raymond Felton needs to be the starting PG for the New York Knicks and he should be getting the lion share of the minutes...including the 4th quarter.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #55
bluechox2
#knickstape

as a backup, all we expect from kidd is to stabilize the 2nd unit and keep the defense strong and prevent any drop-off in performance with the 2nd group...

as far as money goes, as i see it we have felton(3 mil), kidd (3 mil) camby (4.5 mil) for 3 years each which can be combined to trade for a decent player in year 2. i cant see camby and kidd still playing here beyond year 2 in fact. we have some good tradable assets (JR will probably get a deal in the 5 mil range and novak is a good asset)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #56
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Tell me what this guy can bring to the floor? How do you stabilize the 2nd unit when you can not move laterally, penetrate, or shoot?

I must say its becoming pain stakenly clear no one has watched this guy play the past year.

I dont like to bank on tradeable assets because we have to tolerate these guys for 2 seasons? 4 40yr old dudes? these guys are my age....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #57
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Rameek, if you're basing this off last season, then Melo should give back 80% of his check and Amare should not have been paid at all.

Felton was fat as hell, Dirk shot was off, injuries galore all over the league.

And no way did Lin earn his deal for only 1/3 of a season.

But this rationale is poor, the lockout affected the entire league.

If you are cool with Kidd being here to mentor Lin, then you're setting a double standard because Kidd was still gonna play and if Lin got injured....then what?

Kidd is fine in a backup role.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #58
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Rameek, if you're basing this off last season, then Melo should give back 80% of his check and Amare should not have been paid at all.

Felton was fat as hell, Dirk shot was off, injuries galore all over the league.

And no way did Lin earn his deal for only 1/3 of a season.

But this rationale is poor, the lockout affected the entire league.

If you are cool with Kidd being here to mentor Lin, then you're setting a double standard because Kidd was still gonna play and if Lin got injured....then what?

Kidd is fine in a backup role.
Hey I didnt say anything about who should be paid or not....

I said he could teach Lin how to be a PG.... I never said he should play major minutes.

Like I said Kidd still thinks he's a starter and he feels he should be in the game for the 4th quarter which Woodson agreed with it. Thats ratchett.

This is not poor rationale.... I beg to differ when a 40 yr old PG that cant play effectively and who was even in decline during the championship run and the next season is further evidence of a decline. A strike shortened season wont make this guy 6 years younger and he isnt going to get better a year older......

Watch him play over a few games... You will see that he can not penetrate, he can not move side to side, and he cant shoot. If you are good with that as a back up fine.

My issue is he cant play well and his ego is ridiculous. By Woodson's words he is feeding into it.

If he is only a 15 minute player fine but to expect him to be more and contribute on the floor is nuts.

We have Sheed, Thomas, Kidd with recognizable names but are stiffs. If people want to call them talented players based on the names fine. Watch these guys and how they move. Pablo I still reserve the right to watch him for a while.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

They are backups man, and if these guys are so terrible based on last season, then they shouldn't be paid.

I also would love to see a quote that Kidd said he wants to start.

Kidd exact word was he is willing to do whatever the coach wanted, but he wanted to be in the game at the end of such.

And like i said, if you're cool with Kidd mentoring Lin, how was he gonna do it...from the bench in a suit?

Mentoring is "watch and learn".

Nash was gonna mentor Lin as well, was Lin gonna start over him too?

Kidd was gonna play, but my question to you Rameek is......

What does the team do if Lin got injured or just wasn't cutting it?

BTW Kidd most likely won't play more than 20, on average so what is the issue?

He only played 28 as a starter last year.

You're making it sound like these guys can't contribute, as bench players.

That's so wrong.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #60
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
They are backups man, and if these guys are so terrible based on last season, then they shouldn't be paid.

I also would love to see a quote that Kidd said he wants to start.

Kidd exact word was he is willing to do whatever the coach wanted, but he wanted to be in the game at the end of such.

And like i said, if you're cool with Kidd mentoring Lin, how was he gonna do it...from the bench in a suit?

Mentoring is "watch and learn".

Nash was gonna mentor Lin as well, was Lin gonna start over him too?

Kidd was gonna play, but my question to you Rameek is......

What does the team do if Lin got injured or just wasn't cutting it?

BTW Kidd most likely won't play more than 20, on average so what is the issue?

He only played 28 as a starter last year.

You're making it sound like these guys can't contribute, as bench players.

That's so wrong.
Bro someone doesnt have to play major minutes or play to be a mentor or give advice.

If Nash was going to come here Lin was going to the bench. But I dont care about that at all. Nash can still play and at a high level.

Can these guys contribute we'll see.... But I dont expect much from them because they are stiff and krusty.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: