Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #646
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Melo going after KG

Quote:
After the game, Anthony angrily walked off the floor and out of the tunnel that visiting teams use to exit the floor, instead of exiting out of the Knicks' tunnel.

Tyson Chandler appeared to try and stop Anthony but he blew by the Knicks center. According to one of the sources with knowledge of the incident, Anthony approached the Celtics locker room and was screaming. It is unclear if his ire at the time was directed at Garnett.

Anthony approached Garnett near the Celtics' team bus. MSG security and the police intervened, according to a source.

A video posted by Comcast Sports Net New England showed Anthony waiting outside of the team bus as Knicks coach Mike Woodson appears to be trying to calm Anthony down. Team and building security are also present as are several uniformed police officers.

Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #647
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I told you guys! I could feel it coming just like I knew Perkins and Randolph were going to fight earlier this year when they got ejected. Melo has to do a better job at keeping his composure. He's got too many techs this year. I love the emotion but he needs to channel it better. That being said, I used to be a fan of KG's but he went from a 90's style tough guy to an outright dirty player. I lost respect for him like I lost respect for Bernard Hopkins when he fought Chad Dawson. It's one thing to have those sneaky veteran tactics but when your dirty play supercedes your skills and talent, then you become a dirty player and I lose respect for that.

I'm also disappointed in the other Knicks. In the 90's, Melo wouldn't have to be "calmed down" because when you messed with one guy, you messed with ALL of the Knicks. There was no pushing Ewing without Oakley, Mason, Starks and even Jeff Van Gundy getting in your grill. I'm all for being professional, but when a team comes in with the mentality that they are going to rough you up all night because they can't guard you otherwise, starting with your star player, you need guys to step up and say "Oh hell no". Every once in a while you have to go from gentleman to gangsta.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #648
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I told you guys! I could feel it coming just like I knew Perkins and Randolph were going to fight earlier this year when they got ejected. Melo has to do a better job at keeping his composure. He's got too many techs this year. I love the emotion but he needs to channel it better. That being said, I used to be a fan of KG's but he went from a 90's style tough guy to an outright dirty player. I lost respect for him like I lost respect for Bernard Hopkins when he fought Chad Dawson. It's one thing to have those sneaky veteran tactics but when your dirty play supercedes your skills and talent, then you become a dirty player and I lose respect for that.

I'm also disappointed in the other Knicks. In the 90's, Melo wouldn't have to be "calmed down" because when you messed with one guy, you messed with ALL of the Knicks. There was no pushing Ewing without Oakley, Mason, Starks and even Jeff Van Gundy getting in your grill. I'm all for being professional, but when a team comes in with the mentality that they are going to rough you up all night because they can't guard you otherwise, starting with your star player, you need guys to step up and say "Oh hell no". Every once in a while you have to go from gentleman to gangsta.
Yeah,someone needed to help Melo and punk KG or even Pierce. Tyson and J.R. first come to mind.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #649
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The rules are obviously different from back then to now. Those teams and games are why the NBA is all lovey dovey. With that said you have to change with the times. I think players should have stood up for themselves.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #650
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just didn't like it. I mean did I want to see Melo react how he did? No. But it's not like he didn't have reason and if your his teammate, you're supposed to have his back. You see it in football all the time. I know thi isn't football but I'd expect the same brotherhood out of a team that plays ball in NYC. In MSG. I know Pat and Mase probably watching like "these bitchmade fools."
Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #651
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
I just didn't like it. I mean did I want to see Melo react how he did? No. But it's not like he didn't have reason and if your his teammate, you're supposed to have his back. You see it in football all the time. I know thi isn't football but I'd expect the same brotherhood out of a team that plays ball in NYC. In MSG. I know Pat and Mase probably watching like "these bitchmade fools."
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Very important remark from Tyson Chandler after game. Said KG did nothing wrong and led his team to a win.

Nice of Tyson for standing up for his teammate
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #652
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

So according to multiple sources, KG said to Carmelo that LaLa tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios. I'm not even making this up I would have beat that @$$ right then and there

Last edited by franchize : 01-08-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #653
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's a soft as league now, no one should be surprised.

Hate Miami all you want but Lebropn and Wade supporting cast came to their aid.

Ask Lance and Tyler how the court feels.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #654
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

As with the Ron Artest fan incident, I don't care. If someone throws beer on me. I'm fighting. If someone says my wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios. I'm fighting. Simple as that. But seriously though...WTF level of trash talking is that lmaoooooo Honey Nut Cheerios?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #655
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

League suspends melo for one game due to his actions after the game Monday.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #656
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
League suspends melo for one game due to his actions after the game Monday.
Which means it's going to be extremely tough to beat Indiana. They are a good defensive team.
Before some of you go out and say "But we beat Miami without Melo" I need to remind you we had Felton in that game.
Without Felton the only guy that can create something on offense is J.R.

It's just one game,anything is possible but our chances against red hot Pacers team aren't really high. They just beat Miami.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #657
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Examining things further, while Melo should have kept his composure, let's not forget KG is the same guy who called Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient because of his alopecia. He also made disparaging remarks regarding Tim Duncan about Mother's Day even though Duncan's mother passed away. Just like with the Artest situation in Detroit. It's easy to say what you would do on the outside looking in but sometimes people think it's ok to say and do whatever and use "it's part of the game" as an excuse. Sometimes you have to say F the consequences. I have I think the NBA should have investigated more into KG's role in it.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #658
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Don't see the logic in investigating KG for trash talking.

Did he go over the line? Yes if he did say what the rumors are, but how do you prove it?

I dont agree with the suspension because they've allowed worse on the court, but i do understand it.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #659
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Don't see the logic in investigating KG for trash talking.

Did he go over the line? Yes if he did say what the rumors are, but how do you prove it?

I dont agree with the suspension because they've allowed worse on the court, but i do understand it.

You can't prove it but I think at the very least you give a stern and PUBLIC warning to Kevin Garnett that it won't be tolerated. As a coach, you have one of your goons bust KG in the chops. If he wants to play that old school stuff, show him how the Knicks USED to handle it. Send Crazy Eyes in there to throw some bows.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #660
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
You can't prove it but I think at the very least you give a stern and PUBLIC warning to Kevin Garnett that it won't be tolerated. As a coach, you have one of your goons bust KG in the chops. If he wants to play that old school stuff, show him how the Knicks USED to handle it. Send Crazy Eyes in there to throw some bows.
I agree. If KG is going to mess with our superstar just send some useless bench player to take him out. Put Kurt on the floor for a few minutes to make a hard foul on two.
It doesn't even have to be Kurt. Just make a really hard foul on KG when you have the opportunity.

If KG is going to act all tough then he's got to deal with the consequences.

This team needs to be tougher. We have Tyson,Camby,Sheed and Kurt on this team,all of them supposed to be tough guys. Why can't we be the the aggressor once in a while ? Why do other teams always have to punk us,not the other way around ? I just don't get it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: