Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #661
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You can't prove it but I think at the very least you give a stern and PUBLIC warning to Kevin Garnett that it won't be tolerated. As a coach, you have one of your goons bust KG in the chops. If he wants to play that old school stuff, show him how the Knicks USED to handle it. Send Crazy Eyes in there to throw some bows.
No issues with that at all, Miami did it twice last year with Haslem and Pittman.

I betcha Indy wont ever do it again to Miami.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #662
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Sorry. I played football, basketball, baseball from street up to a semi-pro level.... I will say anything and everything to get into an opponents head. There is no such thing as my words that are off limits. I will talk about anything and everything personal made up or otherwise to get into your head. Sh!t we do it in golf.

Now cheap shots elbows etc... I can see it as a point to fight. I am not an advocate for that but when I played football yep I stepped on hands, I did things near the pile or if a receiver came across the middle I know he couldnt catch it but I sent the message. Basketball you have the rock you can push off the opponent I did it with my forearm and if I can knock you down somewhat yep I did it. Baseball you somewhat spike the opponent or run into them to break up double and triple plays. Close play at home I'm going to destroy the catcher to score a run. I will say anything before you putt if we play for money for you to miss that putt.

With that said I HATE KG. I HATE everything he stands for as a player because I dont know him as a man. But I personally wont soap box this because as a player in different sports I've done and said things. I do think KG pushes buttons but doesnt have heart.

#1 I have more issues with our guys not making KG pay for it than what he actually did but that being said, this wasn't a playoff game. OK...they won? And we STILL have the better record and still have to play them 3 more times. This wasn't do or die to where you have to do what you have to do. It wasn't like KG was treating it like it was his last game. I didn't see him diving into stands and playing like it was Game 7.

#2 It's ok if you want to go across that line to get me off my game. But it should also be equally ok for me to check you. If you want to tell me in old thing to get me off my game...fine. But do know I'm punching you square in the face lol More importantly, the guys who don't get playing time should be punching you in the face.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #663
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

KG knew exactly what he was doing, Doc knew it as well, which is why Doc put him on Melo for defense.

He was already having a bad shooting game, so they maxed that out.

Now while I doubt KG says similar to what he said that day, I have no doubt in my mind KG wont try to get him out of his game in the future.

This Indy game tonite isn't much of a biggie to me, but the back to back with Chicago at the Garden is a very important game.

You know Noah is ready to get his in, and not just on Melo either.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #664
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
KG knew exactly what he was doing, Doc knew it as well, which is why Doc put him on Melo for defense.

He was already having a bad shooting game, so they maxed that out.

Now while I doubt KG says similar to what he said that day, I have no doubt in my mind KG wont try to get him out of his game in the future.

This Indy game tonite isn't much of a biggie to me, but the back to back with Chicago at the Garden is a very important game.

You know Noah is ready to get his in, and not just on Melo either.

I agree. We need this game vs Chicago. They've had our number lately.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #665
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Tyson Chandler is so overrated it's ridiculous

Last edited by franchize : 01-11-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #666
Clutch
NBA Legend

We need to start winning some games. I don't care how. Just win.

Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 and other teams are starting to catch up. If we continue to play like a .500 team our homecourt advantage might come in jeopardy.

That's my goal for the regular season. Get the homecourt advantage and get the opponent in the 1st round that we should be favorites against.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #667
Rameek
Krust Kingz

This is a .500 team dont be upset. This team isnt healthy. Gotta give them a break.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #668
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This is a .500 team dont be upset. This team isnt healthy. Gotta give them a break.
I'm not upset about the loss. I'm upset that the guys who are credited for "saving the Knicks" are coming up small. I'm sitting there watching the game like "Kidd and Chandler are stinking the joint up and all I hear is how great they're playing every game." Tyson Chandler padded his stats on the last few plays getting those BS taps when we were down like 7 points in the last 35 seconds. He was getting worked by Mahinmi...who by the way actually outplayed him in Dallas' title run IMO.

Last edited by franchize : 01-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #669
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not upset about the loss. I'm upset that the guys who are credited for "saving the Knicks" are coming up small. I'm sitting there watching the game like "Kidd and Chandler are stinking the joint up and all I hear is how great they're playing every game." Tyson Chandler padded his stats on the last few plays getting those BS taps when we were down like 7 points in the last 35 seconds. He was getting worked by Mahinmi...who by the way actually outplayed him in Dallas' title run IMO.
I didnt watch last nights game. So I cant speak to the game specifically.

Franchize though people make mistakes on tv and here. Like you listen to announcers and they said the failures and inconsistencies of the Knicks are now linked to Rasheed Wallace not playing or being on the bench. Kidd was a major contributor to the success of the early Knicks. Mistakes.

People are grasping at straws to solve the conundrum of whats different from the hot start to the present Knicks.

As far as Tyson I dont know what happened last night but 4 back ups and him going to be tough.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #670
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We might would have won last night if our MVP didn't catch feelings.

But anyway tonite is a new day, no excuses......win the damn game.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #671
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It's like people wanna pussyfoot around it. It's like nobody can criticize Kidd or Chandler. Kidd had 5 turnovers, struggled to advance the ball for the second game in a row, and passed up tons of open looks because he refuses to shoot anything but 3's. Chandler was getting worked in the 4th qtr by Mahinmi. There was a period where he was literally just running up and down the court with no purpose like James White does. Let's cut the crap. That "It's Melo's fault" excuse is getting old. If anything, Melo proved that he should be MVP last night. Last night we were all sitting around waiting for JR Smith to save the day while the guys who have been getting all the credit played like bench warmers.

Hibbert barely played last night and the Pacers are without Granger. Lance Stephenson outplayed Kidd. Gerald Green outplayed Brewer. Paul George outplayed Copeland. We just got outplayed across the board by guys who aren't big time players.

I dont wanna hear crap about our lineup being banged up. These are the guys you ppl were OK with this offseason. Surprise Surprise. Camby is hurt. Sheed is still banged up. Well no sh!t. They're like my grandfather's age! THIS is why you don't get a team full of old geezers. The excuse was "they aren't going to play major minutes." They don't need to play major minutes. It's not like they are getting hurt through trauma and contact injuries. They are playing a quarter, then there's a commercial break and the announcers come back to tell you they wont be playing for te rest of the game. Did ANYBODY honestly see Camby get hurt last night? How about Sheed? Ya... didn't think so. This will be a continuous cycle all year long!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #672
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Franchize I agree and if anything you and I do not differ in this situation considering when we called it out before the season started, people got on the soap box. I dont see the same number of post by the KNICKS ARE THE MOST TALENTED TEAM people. Only one poster has come off that.

I just personally want to be as hopeful as possible. I just need this team to make the playoffs. And pray for at least a first round win.

Felton is out, Shump is out, Stat just came back. Lets see how things play out. Of course it doesnt look good at the moment but lets see if we can get some of these players back even the Krusty ones.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #673
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm still ok with them, but not with the roles they are in.

Kidd isn't a starting pg, but he has played well when he wasn't in that role.

Tyson is what he is...a piece that made the team better.

But it all comes down to #7.

Getting tossed, bitching about calls, getting himself suspended does not help the team.

The team follows Carmelo Anthony, they were built strictly around him.

7 games missed, 9 techs, 1 suspension.

Blame the role players all you want, feel free to dodge the elephant in the room.

This team will go as far as Melo takes it.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #674
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

But anyway, Melo has had this game circle on his calendar, even though the reporters had to tell him what date is was.

Tonite needs to be a game of his life tonite, just posting his average will not be impressive, and probably not enough to win.

If he is to be what we hope he can, he'll do it.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #675
Clutch
NBA Legend

Melo is the only reason we're 23-12. Without him we would be .500 if not even worse.
He did a stupid thing,so what ? He lost us one game,he won us all the others.

And I don't get why tonight we should see a performance of his life ? This game isn't all that important. I would understand if you said it for a playoff game but for a Knicks-Bulls regular season game with the Knicks being 23-12...I don't get it.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: