Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #676
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Melo is the only reason we're 23-12. Without him we would be .500 if not even worse.
He did a stupid thing,so what ? He lost us one game,he won us all the others.

And I don't get why tonight we should see a performance of his life ? This game isn't all that important. I would understand if you said it for a playoff game but for a Knicks-Bulls regular season game with the Knicks being 23-12...I don't get it.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #677
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm still ok with them, but not with the roles they are in.

Kidd isn't a starting pg, but he has played well when he wasn't in that role.

Tyson is what he is...a piece that made the team better.

But it all comes down to #7.

Getting tossed, bitching about calls, getting himself suspended does not help the team.

The team follows Carmelo Anthony, they were built strictly around him.

7 games missed, 9 techs, 1 suspension.

Blame the role players all you want, feel free to dodge the elephant in the room.

This team will go as far as Melo takes it.
So win he wins us games, give him the credit! He missed games because he got injured. Pretty harsh injuries too. Going hard to the rack and getting taken out by one of the strongest players in the league. Diving into the stands for a loose ball and having a center fall into his knee and hyperextending it. You'll have to forgive me if I don't think that should supersede the fact that he's an MVP candidate and the 2nd leading scorer in the league.

Meanwhile, mum is the word when Chandler stinks it up as well as Kidd. When Chandler plays well, he "had a Dwight Howard performance" but when he stinks it up..."oh he's just a role player anyway." Yea well he doesn't get paid like a role player. So just how you like to bring up Melo's salary, I'm going to continue to bring up Chandler's because Melo has earned his salary far better than Chandler has. You keep saying "Kidd's role" but he was brought in to be the backup pg. The starting pg went down. That's what the backup pg does....replace the starter.... and he's not doing it well.

I KNEW losing Felton was going to be a huge problem. All that Kidd leadership and what not has nothing to do with production.I love the rah rah locker room stuff but at some point you have to do something tangible.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #678
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Melo's having his worst game of the season by far. Poor defense. Struggling offensively. He doesn't look there mentally.

Jr is struggling offensively too but at least he's battling.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #679
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Bro you are killing me over this Chandler thing. This is getting crazy. Every post is about Chandler sucking it means nothing. The Knicks wont win or lose based on Chandler because he is dependent on others to get him the rock. Let it go.

If you dont double the Knicks they will struggle. If you dont have anyone to create shots for role players they will struggle. If you have no one pentrating or require double teams in the post then they will struggle.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #680
Clutch
NBA Legend

I can understand scoring 36 points against the great Bulls defense but allowing them 57 points in a half is simply unacceptable.

Knicks about to be 5-8 in their last 13.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #681
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Bro you are killing me over this Chandler thing. This is getting crazy. Every post is about Chandler sucking it means nothing. The Knicks wont win or lose based on Chandler because he is dependent on others to get him the rock. Let it go.

If you dont double the Knicks they will struggle. If you dont have anyone to create shots for role players they will struggle. If you have no one pentrating or require double teams in the post then they will struggle.
My issue isn't Chandler. It's people giving him and Kidd and the credit when we win but then when he stinks it up, then it's "oh he's a role player". That's hypocritical. It's the same sh!t I heard every game with Jared Jeffries. "O he's a huge factor because he does all the little things." Then he stinks it up and it's everyone else's fault. What's he doing right now by the way?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #682
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My issue isn't Chandler. It's people giving him and Kidd and the credit when we win but then when he stinks it up, then it's "oh he's a role player". That's hypocritical. It's the same sh!t I heard every game with Jared Jeffries. "O he's a huge factor because he does all the little things." Then he stinks it up and it's everyone else's fault. What's he doing right now by the way?
Come on fam, get out here with this.

melo is playing like a child that got spanked by his mommy.

John Starks game 7 type shit, this aint Chandler or Kidd fault.

Meanwhile the guy he is supposed to guard looks like Jordan tonite, and btw Luol is guarding him PERFECTLY.

This is all on Melo, he needs to take some time off and go find himself.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #683
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Even worse, Chandler didn't have this game circled, Melo did.

Sometime talk is cheap.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #684
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Our offense man.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #685
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Come on fam, get out here with this.

melo is playing like a child that got spanked by his mommy.

John Starks game 7 type shit, this aint Chandler or Kidd fault.

Meanwhile the guy he is supposed to guard looks like Jordan tonite, and btw Luol is guarding him PERFECTLY.

This is all on Melo, he needs to take some time off and go find himself.

*See quote where I said this is Melo's worst game*

And once again. Melo is ONE person. If that's the case, when Melo goes out... why isn't Tyson Chandler taking over? This is "all on Melo" but when we win...it's not all because of him. That's hypocritical man. Be consistent. That's all Im saying. That's why we never keep stars in NYV. Because when we win, it's the "because of the role players" and when we lose it's because of King, Ewing, Marbury, Melo etc. We run our players out of town and guys like Jared Jeffries and Charles Oakley become beloved.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #686
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Even worse, Chandler didn't have this game circled, Melo did.

Sometime talk is cheap.
You can't be serious. Dude. I respect your opinion but you sound a bit silly. The guy has been playing at an MVP level and we're going to rip him because of TWO BAD GAMES? How soon we forget 2 games ago he had 40. 4 games ago...45. Stop it dog. Just stop it. Who cares if he had the game circled. He had a bad game....and is STILL outplaying Chandler!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #687
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Bull...the team IS built around Melo.

Tyson isn't expected to be Dwight.

Kidd isn't expected to be Chris Paul.

Melo is expected to put up MVP stats and carry the team to a win, yet is clearly mentally phucked up.

He's gonna get his average for sure, but will he get us this win and take us where the team needs to go?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #688
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You can't be serious. Dude. I respect your opinion but you sound a bit silly. The guy has been playing at an MVP level and we're going to rip him because of TWO BAD GAMES? How soon we forget 2 games ago he had 40. 4 games ago...45. Stop it dog. Just stop it. Who cares if he had the game circled. He had a bad game....and is STILL outplaying Chandler!
MVP's dont get suspended and lead the league in tech's.

Stop with this, the TEAM will have to have the #1 seed for Melo to have a chance at that.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #689
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Don't look now but the guy who "needs to take some time off" is heating up You cant be serious lol The guy had a bad game and a half lol But he needs to go take time off? Overreact much?

And if we are going to give Chandler and Kidd passes...fine. But can we PLEASE address Pablo Prigioni? WHAT HAS HE DONE??? NOTHING!!! He sucks! He needs to go. Everytime he comes in the game, we immediately get worse. Tonight is exhibit A
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #690
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
MVP's dont get suspended and lead the league in tech's.

Stop with this, the TEAM will have to have the #1 seed for Melo to have a chance at that.
lol ok dude. Im done. you sound like mike breen lmao
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: