Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #706
kNicKz
word

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Just got back from the bulls game. I'm gonna upload pics tomorrow! Little disappointed with the knicks, but it could be worse. I was more mad about tyson playing volleyball the whole game then melo's cold start tbh. Great trip regardless. The Garden is the best
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #707
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

This article is very good read, it comes from Stephen A Smith, a known melo supporter.....

"When you're 28 years old, in your 10th NBA season and in line to capture league MVP honors for the first time in your career, no one should need to tell you that waiting outside the opposing team's bus for one of its players and shrugging off your head coach like he's some annoying heckler -- prompting NYPD and Madison Square Garden security to intervene -- while cameras are rolling, no less, is a really bad look. Melo should've known this beforehand.

The league's second-leading scorer should've also known that avoiding the media after the game would only exacerbate the situation. That it would only provoke more inquiry as to what specifically warranted such an outrageous reaction to Garnett's trash-talking, and that it would lead people to wonder exactly what Garnett said, speculating about more than just basketball.

The specifics of the incident didn't have to become everybody's business. All Melo had to say was, "Garnett talks too damn much. He gets on my nerves. I didn't like it. I lost my cool. And I'm sorry because I played bad and we lost."

Instead, Anthony, the husband and father, handled matters in a fashion that some have speculated he would have before he was a husband and father. And because of it, his wife found herself in the middle of the media firestorm, draped on the front pages of tabloids. And when has that ever ended in a good way? "

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...-blame-himself
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #708
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
This article is very good read, it comes from Stephen A Smith, a known idiot and troll.....

"When you're 28 years old, in your 10th NBA season and in line to capture league MVP honors for the first time in your career, no one should need to tell you that waiting outside the opposing team's bus for one of its players and shrugging off your head coach like he's some annoying heckler -- prompting NYPD and Madison Square Garden security to intervene -- while cameras are rolling, no less, is a really bad look. Melo should've known this beforehand.

The league's second-leading scorer should've also known that avoiding the media after the game would only exacerbate the situation. That it would only provoke more inquiry as to what specifically warranted such an outrageous reaction to Garnett's trash-talking, and that it would lead people to wonder exactly what Garnett said, speculating about more than just basketball.

The specifics of the incident didn't have to become everybody's business. All Melo had to say was, "Garnett talks too damn much. He gets on my nerves. I didn't like it. I lost my cool. And I'm sorry because I played bad and we lost."

Instead, Anthony, the husband and father, handled matters in a fashion that some have speculated he would have before he was a husband and father. And because of it, his wife found herself in the middle of the media firestorm, draped on the front pages of tabloids. And when has that ever ended in a good way? "

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...-blame-himself
Fixed
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #709
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

He's right though, you can definitely attribute this three game losing streak on one players head.

Everyone wants to give him all the credit for the wins...cool.

Give him the credit for these L's too.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #710
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
He's right though, you can definitely attribute this three game losing streak on one players head.

Everyone wants to give him all the credit for the wins...cool.

Give him the credit for these L's too.
No one gives him all the credit for the wins. He gets most of the credit because he's our most valuable player or MVP.
Without him we're a .500 team if not worse.

Knicks were off to a great start because everyone was hitting their shots and they played team defense.

Melo has been the same all season long. It's the role players who regressed. They are the one to blame for our struggles recently.

Melo didn't have good last 3 games (one he missed because of a suspension and in the other he didn't shoot well).
But what about our other losses ? Melo had 45 against Portland. Are we going to blame him for that loss ? He had 34 against the Lakers on 13-23 shooting. I guess it was his fault.

Melo didn't play well in the last 2 games but he still averaged 30/6/5 on 34% shooting (38% for three).

KNICKS FANS NEED TO STOP BLAMING MELO FOR EVERY LOSS AND HYPE UP KIDD AND CHANDLER AFTER EVERY WIN. I'M COMPLETELY WITH FRANCHIZE ON THAT ONE.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #711
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
No one gives him all the credit for the wins. He gets most of the credit because he's our most valuable player or MVP.
Without him we're a .500 team if not worse.

Knicks were off to a great start because everyone was hitting their shots and they played team defense.

Melo has been the same all season long. It's the role players who regressed. They are the one to blame for our struggles recently.

Melo didn't have good last 3 games (one he missed because of a suspension and in the other he didn't shoot well).
But what about our other losses ? Melo had 45 against Portland. Are we going to blame him for that loss ? He had 34 against the Lakers on 13-23 shooting. I guess it was his fault.

Melo didn't play well in the last 2 games but he still averaged 30/6/5 on 34% shooting (38% for three).

KNICKS FANS NEED TO STOP BLAMING MELO FOR EVERY LOSS AND HYPE UP KIDD AND CHANDLER AFTER EVERY WIN. I'M COMPLETELY WITH FRANCHIZE ON THAT ONE.
It's only six to seven of us posting on here, we've all said Melo is having an MVP year.

If that aint credit i dont know what is.

Am i blaming him for every loss, nope, but some of them yup.

This three game losing streak is completely on him.

It's called "current events".

You're even acknowledging he isn't playing at the same level in your own post, which is ironic.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #712
Clutch
NBA Legend

Melo in the first 23 games (18-5 record):
27.9 points,6.4 rebounds,2 assists on 46.7% shooting (45.5% for three)

Melo in the last 13 games (5-8 record):
32.7 points,5.8 rebounds,3.3 assists on 45.1% shotting (39% for three)

As the stats show his points are way up,his assists are up while the shooting percentages and rebounding are slightly down.

Overall he's been the same.

Let's now take a look at our role players during the last 13 games (5-8 record):

Jason Kidd: 7.8 points on 35.6% 3-pt%
Ronnie Brewer: 2 points on 31.4% FG and 25% for three
Felton: out for the most part
Sheed: out

This is our problem. ROLE PLAYERS. Not Melo. ROLE PLAYERS.
Kidd was shooting 50% for three at the start. Brewer started the season shooting +40% for three. Look at them now. J.R.Smith have been playing great lately but his 3-pt percentage is also down. He was shooting like 60% for three to start the season,unreal.

Our role players either got injured or seriously regressed. Kidd is not automatic anymore. Brewer is so bad offensively that he fell out of the rotation. Felton and Sheed are hurt.
The only guy that is playing better than at the start of the season is Tyson. That's it. Everybody else disappeared on offense or got hurt. And I won't even talk about defense. Our defense in the first few games and our defense right now is like day and night.

ONLY KNICK WHO HAS BEEN CONSISTENT ALL YEAR LONG IS CARMELO ANTHONY.
Give him a break. He didn't have a good 2 games,still put up 30/6/5 and he's the reason for our struggles ? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND ?

How to fix the problem ? Start playing defense. Despite having only 2 players capable of doing something on offense right now (Melo and J.R.) we're still good enough on offense to win some games if we play good defense. We don't have to play elite defense. Just good or even mediocre. But you aren't beating the Bulls with allowing them 108 and 110 points on your home floor.
Felton and Shumpert will eventually get back so the Knicks will start playing better. Until then we can just hope they will just show up on defense once in a while and that Melo and J.R. will shoot the ball well because everyone else sucks without Felton creating opportunities for them. Felton might be a low efficient chucker but his penetration opens up so much space for others. Without him Kidd,Brewer,Tyson and whatever 40 year old starts at PF are completely useless on offense.

Knicks fans should do the next:
1) Pray the Knicks will start playing some kind of defense
2) Pray for Felton to return as quickly as possible
3) Pray for Shumpert to remotely look like himself when he comes back.
4) Pray for Melo and J.R. to have hot shooting nights
5) Pray some of our role players will actually stop being useless on offense for a game or two

Last edited by Clutch : 01-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #713
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Sorry man, his shot attempts, minutes, and usage is way up.

The defense is down to the point of non existent, and the offense has came down to all iso.

I called this before the game last nite, feel free to look at the post.

Melo would get his, but will the Knicks win?

He gets the credit in wins, but no way you can dodge him in losses.

He's our MVP, we rise and fall at his hands.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #714
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Sorry man, his shot attempts, minutes, and usage is way up.

The defense is down to the point of non existent, and the offense has came down to all iso.

I called this before the game last nite, feel free to look at the post.

Melo would get his, but will the Knicks win?

He gets the credit in wins, but no way you can dodge him in losses.

He's our MVP, we rise and fall at his hands.
Of course they are up. Melo needs to play heavy minutes because without Felton everybody besides J.R. are completely useless on offense. And let's not act like their defense is keeping them in games so we can tolerate bad offense.

Simply put,we rely on Melo to score 30+ every night just to keep us in games. If he played 30 minutes per game and let others get more shots we would be losing by 20 every night

Sorry man,but no way you can blame Melo for our 5-8 stretch. He's been doing his thing. We ask him to score,he's been elite at that. 6 rebounds per game is nothing to brag about but it's solid,right around his career average. His assists in the last 13 games are actually up. He plays best defense of his career.

There's no ball movement,that's result of Felton being out and having no one to penetrate and create easy looks for others. Our defense is bad but that's a team thing,no way you can only blame Melo for that.

So for our recent struggles you can blame 3 things:
1) Injuries
2) Role players proving they are useless without Felton
3) Team defense

But no way you can blame ONLY Melo for that. He's doing what we expect him to do. It's the role players who need to step up because we're not getting anything from them besides J.R. and maybe Tyson with his rebounding. Others have been just horrible at everything. Offense,defense,shooting...you name it.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #715
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Please, injuries happen all over the place, useless excuse.

We just got beat three times with a team that has had a myriad of injuries themselves, and still without their BEST PLAYER.

This team has had injuries all year, and when they were winning, no one even looked at the injuries, but to the guys on the court.

So, nope, that dont fly.

Like I said, feel free to blame the role players in losses, then make sure you credit them in wins.

It cannot go both ways.

You want melo to receive all the credit in wins, but blame the role players ion losses.

That's ridiculous.

Melo got his numbers last night and i knew folks would claim he is doing his job.

But no one was worse than him in the first half, on offense or defense.

He seriously could have sat out the first half and it wouldn't have been any worse.

1-10 and allowing Deng with 21 first half points......ball game.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #716
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Please, injuries happen all over the place, useless excuse.

We just got beat three times with a team that has had a myriad of injuries themselves, and still without their BEST PLAYER.

This team has had injuries all year, and when they were winning, no one even looked at the injuries, but to the guys on the court.

So, nope, that dont fly.

Like I said, feel free to blame the role players in losses, then make sure you credit them in wins.

It cannot go both ways.

You want melo to receive all the credit in wins, but blame the role players ion losses.

That's ridiculous.

Melo got his numbers last night and i knew folks would claim he is doing his job.

But no one was worse than him in the first half, on offense or defense.

He seriously could have sat out the first half and it wouldn't have been any worse.

1-10 and allowing Deng with 21 first half points......ball game.
Everyone gives credit to our role players when we win. Just look at all posts about Kidd being something special early in the year and you see what I'm talking about. Remember all Ronnie Brewer is 100x better than Landry Fields posts ?
Well,that disappeared because they are starting to suck.

Melo didn't play well in the last two games but you blame him exclusively for losses. KNICKS LOST. TEAM LOST.
If other players weren't so useless maybe we wouldn't rely on Melo to score 30+ on great efficiency every night just to keep us in games.
Brewer didn't even play last night. Kidd had 0 points and 0 assists. J.R. was 4-17 (but I won't say anything bad because he's been by far our 2nd best player this season). Amare had 1 rebound in 19 minutes. Copeland had 0 points and was so bad that he played only 5 minutes.

So my question is,where were those guys ? Tyson was the only role player that showed up last night and you're still going to blame Melo for this loss ?

No one is perfect. Melo will have some bad games. But role players are there to step up once in a while when your star player is struggling. Instead they got beaten even worse than Melo did,most of them providing us nothing.

I'm not going to blame Melo for this loss. If everyone else was playing well and we had Melo chucking and letting his man kill him then I would. But others played even worse than Melo did so blaming an individual over team is stupidity.

There's one obnoxious Nets fan who always says that Knicks rely on Melo to score 30+ points just to keep them in games. Well he's right,at least for now until Felton gets back.
What kind of team it is when you need one player to score so many points just to keep the game close ? Just think about it.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-12-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #717
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Who's in the MVP race?

That should tell you who gets the credit.

Feel free to dig posts, I beg you to do so.

Your issue is you dont want to give the role guys any credit.

The schtick is old at this point.

So now we're blaming Amare?

Get out of here, only one player was 1-10 while their man owned him in the first half.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #718
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Clutch I commend you for seeing the light.

I agree the role players arent doing as well as before. I dont think anyone is playing particularly well especially on the defensive end. The team defense is off as well as the individual defense. They lack the energy necessary to compete on that side of the floor. I think the role players are just gassed for the most part. Their confidence is shaken as well. You can see how Melo and JR have been inefficient because they are looking to score more under more duress. Their mentality has changed. They are not looking for good shots but scoring with blinders on. That means the ball movement stops because they are the only penetrators and they dont kick it out for a better shot. Teams dont double as much anymore so there are not as many good looks. Role players can not be afraid to make something happen. JR and Melo just dont trust the players around them anymore. That makes the Knicks too easy to defend. But as a player I cant blame them really for the lack of trust but as a professional you have to.

I think Felton coming back will help because he has a good way of getting role players involved more and I think Kidd feeds off that because he makes that one extra pass.

The Knicks need Wallace and Camby back to help Chandler. He is all alone in the post going against other teams front court all alone. Thats gotta be wearing him down.

Shump isnt the answer except on the defensive end. He needs to show improvement on the offensive side of the floor. Its good to have a Thabo or Bowen type on the floor but the Knicks need this kid to be a 2 way player.

Stat is really quiet and trying to fit in. I like that but he has to start demanding the ball or he will be forgotten!

Last edited by Rameek : 01-12-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #719
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You can see how Melo and JR have been inefficient because they are looking to score more under more duress. Their mentality has changed. They are not looking for good shots but scoring with blinders on. That means the ball movement stops because they are the only penetrators and they dont kick it out for a better shot. Teams dont double as much anymore so there are not as many good looks. Role players can not be afraid to make something happen. JR and Melo just dont trust the players around them anymore.

Overall your post is solid, but the bold part hits the point home with me.

Role players are what they are, but when they are not playing well you cannot just say screw it I'll do it myself.

I think they played well early on because they were trusted, and seriously wonder where did that trust go?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #720
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Feel free to dig posts, I beg you to do so.
Your issue is you dont want to give the role guys any credit.

Here you go:
Posts that I found just by clicking on random pages of this thread.
Quote:
Tyson has been playing well ever since that Houston debacle.

His stats after the Houston game (8 games overall):
16.3 points,11.5 rebounds on 74% shooting.

Those are great numbers. His help defense still isn't there but his one on one defense has been good.

Quote:
I could hardly be more impressed with the way Knicks played tonight. Yes,they hit some contested ones but a lot of their threes were wide open which was a result of beuatiful ball movement.

I've hoped for a win but I could've never imagined we'll crush the Heat like this without half of our team and on the road. Just a reminder,Heat were unbeaten at home until tonight.

Player of the game: Raymond Felton
27 points,4 rebounds,7 assists

Novakaine hit some momentum shots. Kidd made a lot of smart plays too. Brewer's defense on LeBron in the 2nd half was great. J.R. also hit some threes. Sheed played good defense in the 2nd half. Tyson was pretty good all game long.

Team as a unit played great.

AMAZING WIN

Then you even have a thread about Kidd: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=285685
Just read some threads carefully and you'll see a bunch of posters giving Kidd credit and saying how good Brewer is early in the season.
Quote:
Who's in the MVP race?

That should tell you who gets the credit.
Melo SHOULD get the most credit because he's obviously the best and most valuable player on this team. Melo isn't the only one but is the MAIN reason why we're winning games. On the other hand he's NOT the main reason why we've been losing them.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: