Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #721
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

So what's the issue?

Your the one complaining that Melo doesn't get credit, go look in the mirror.

I credit melo all the time, i just dont let him off the hook in losses.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #722
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
So what's the issue?

Your the one complaining that Melo doesn't get credit, go look in the mirror.

I credit melo all the time, i just dont let him off the hook in losses.
I'm complaining about you BLAMING ONLY MELO for the losses when it's evident that the whole team played bad. He had a bad game but others weren't any better either. If others stepped up and he played like shit I would have blamed him too. But almost all our players played like shit and you find only one of them as a culprit for this loss. You don't go down by 24 just because of one player.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #723
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm complaining about you BLAMING ONLY MELO for the losses when it's evident that the whole team played bad. He had a bad game but others weren't any better either. If others stepped up and he played like shit I would have blamed him too. But almost all our players played like shit and you find only one of them as a culprit for this loss. You don't go down by 24 just because of one player.
But i credit him in wins, so it's fair imo, feel free to look.

Sorry though, when other stars lose, teams dont blame the role players.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #724
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But i credit him in wins, so it's fair imo, feel free to look.

Sorry though, when other stars lose, teams dont blame the role players.
I guess you haven't heard about that guy in LA ? I think his name is Kobe,something like that.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #725
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I guess you haven't heard about that guy in LA ? I think his name is Kobe,something like that.
They are putting those losses entirely on the players on the court, mainly mainly Kobe and Dwight.

Which is why those two have been somewhat going back and forth about the concept of the team.

They were losing way before D'antoni got there.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #726
Clutch
Stop flopping

What are you talking about ? It's never Kobe's fault.

It can be D'Antoni's fault. It might be Pau's or Dwight's fault. It may even be Chris Duhon's fault.

BUT IT'S NEVER KOBE'S FAULT.

Lakers fans don't blame him,most of the experts don't blame him. Guy is protected like endangered species

His team is 15-21,he's been playing no defense this season and is jacking up 20+ shots every game with Dwight,Pau and Nash on the team. Still not enough to blame him.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #727
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Overall your post is solid, but the bold part hits the point home with me.

Role players are what they are, but when they are not playing well you cannot just say screw it I'll do it myself.

I think they played well early on because they were trusted, and seriously wonder where did that trust go?
When the defense contest shots and role players cant make them or they wont take them their confidence goes down, Melo & Jr. can see their reluctance and inabilities so the trust isnt there.

I think Felton saw the writing on the wall and started getting really aggressive. The complaints were warranted but having two hurt hands just didnt help so the fractured finger was a blessing in disguise because he could have those injuries healed for the final push.

I think fans are going too extreme in January when we have 3 more months of basketball. There should be time to get the ship righted and make a move at the deadline.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #728
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
What are you talking about ? It's never Kobe's fault.

It can be D'Antoni's fault. It might be Pau's or Dwight's fault. It may even be Chris Duhon's fault.

BUT IT'S NEVER KOBE'S FAULT.

Lakers fans don't blame him,most of the experts don't blame him. Guy is protected like endangered species

His team is 15-21,he's been playing no defense this season and is jacking up 20+ shots every game with Dwight,Pau and Nash on the team. Still not enough to blame him.
Sorry this is so off base its hilarious. Kobe is getting the blame a lot....
Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #729
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
When the defense contest shots and role players cant make them or they wont take them their confidence goes down, Melo & Jr. can see their reluctance and inabilities so the trust isnt there.

I think Felton saw the writing on the wall and started getting really aggressive. The complaints were warranted but having two hurt hands just didnt help so the fractured finger was a blessing in disguise because he could have those injuries healed for the final push.

I think fans are going too extreme in January when we have 3 more months of basketball. There should be time to get the ship righted and make a move at the deadline.
I hope they make a move at the deadline. We need a perimeter player who can play defense,hit open shots and can at least dribble to the hoop when someone is putting pressure on him. Someone like Carlos Delfino.
Also they need a younger big. Sheed,Kurt and Camby are too old and injury prone. We need someone who can contribute when they are out.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #730
Clutch
Stop flopping

Some good news:

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said Iman Shumpert will go with the Knicks to London and could make his season debut there against Pistons.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #731
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Sorry this is so off base its hilarious. Kobe is getting the blame a lot....
Yup, to the point there have been rumblings Kobe might retire after THIS SEASON, since it's so bad out there.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #732
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I hope they make a move at the deadline. We need a perimeter player who can play defense,hit open shots and can at least dribble to the hoop when someone is putting pressure on him. Someone like Carlos Delfino.
Also they need a younger big. Sheed,Kurt and Camby are too old and injury prone. We need someone who can contribute when they are out.
Shump is on the way, so that should alleive the first issue, and Felton will be back, no need to acquire a back court player.

Won't even touch the big man issue, honestly dont see any out there that really could help.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #733
Clutch
Stop flopping

This has been a tough stretch for us all so let's laugh a little bit.

First we have Steve Novak clowning Nate Robinson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5TgNHnF4RI

Little Nathan

Then we have Joey Crawford doing some funny shit this season.

Earlier in the year:

Last night:

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #734
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Unfortunately you described an all star player lol I dont know if that package is out there for what we have. I do like Delfino but I am sure he isnt available.

Quote:
Some good news:

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said Iman Shumpert will go with the Knicks to London and could make his season debut there against Pistons.

Its a good thing. But he cant save the Knicks things wont turn around because he's back. Unless he found an offensive game.

Quote:
Yup, to the point there have been rumblings Kobe might retire after THIS SEASON, since it's so bad out there.

That such a terrible mixture of players with no bench. They needed a real coach. Talent without direction means zilch. What makes Miami great is they sacrificed individually to be a team then found themselves.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #735
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Won't post this article as it it is too long for that, but here are some interesting comments from the Bulls perspective.....

“I definitely hurt my team,” he said after scoring most of his 39 points after the Bulls had bullied the Knicks for the second time in three weeks at Madison Square Garden. The final score failed to reflect the lopsided nature of the night, as well as Anthony’s early inability to solve the long-armed and closed-mouth hectoring of Luol Deng.

“I’m not the guy who’s going to get in your ear, not something I do, maybe because I’m not from here,” said Deng, who was born in what is now South Sudan and lived in Egypt and Britain. “My focus is on what I have to do.

“I mean, honestly, Melo’s one of the toughest covers in the N.B.A. We all know that. The shots that he makes are the shots that you want the other team to take, but those are shots he makes. Melo’s going to get his numbers. I just have to make sure that he takes a lot of shots to get to those numbers.”

Missing his first seven shots, Anthony required 32 for those 39 points, compared with Deng’s 33 points on 18 shots. In an impressive show of making that crucial extra pass, the Bulls assisted on 26 of their 39 field goals. The Knicks’ corresponding numbers were 17 of 37 and their percentage was worse before a final surge.

But another component to the slump has, like gravity, pulled the 23-13 Knicks back to the pack of teams in line for top Eastern Conference playoff seeds. More than anyone, Bulls Coach Tom Thibodeau has created the blueprint for the way to play the Knicks: stay at home on their stationary 3-point shooters, make them drive the ball into the Bulls’ formidable interior defense and, as Deng said, do not worry about how many points Anthony is scoring.

“Carmelo is the ultimate scorer,” Thibodeau said, knowing there’s a fine line between Anthony’s ability to generate points within the team flow and the isolation-heavy approach that makes the Knicks predictable and ultimately beatable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/sp...=tw-share&_r=0

You can't make this stuff up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: