Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #61
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

20 minutes isnt major minutes.

If the starters handle theirs it might be even less on occasion.

I'm still waiting for the quote where Kidd wants to start.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #62
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea but Knickscity thats a flawed way of thinking. Youve preached it for years but the contrary bites us in the ass annually. You said the same thing about Bibby. "Its not like he is starting." You said the same about Jeffries, Harrelson, Davis etc. What happened? Guys got hurt and those guys were forced to play major minutes. I dont think Rameek is basing Kidds worth off of last year alone. Kidd was subpar the year he won his ring. Problem is, when guys gets rings, ppl get convenient amnesia and their poor play gets exonerated... See Tyson Chandler.
Bottom line is, if our starters are struggling, as much as he gets on everyones nerves, JR is our best option to dig us out of a hole. Thats scary!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #63
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #64
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but Knickscity thats a flawed way of thinking. Youve preached it for years but the contrary bites us in the ass annually. You said the same thing about Bibby. "Its not like he is starting." You said the same about Jeffries, Harrelson, Davis etc. What happened? Guys got hurt and those guys were forced to play major minutes. I dont think Rameek is basing Kidds worth off of last year alone. Kidd was subpar the year he won his ring. Problem is, when guys gets rings, ppl get convenient amnesia and their poor play gets exonerated... See Tyson Chandler.
Bottom line is, if our starters are struggling, as much as he gets on everyones nerves, JR is our best option to dig us out of a hole. Thats scary!
You know why I don't complain about the bench?

Because the salary cap is tied into three players.

That's why I say the starters need to handle theirs.

These guys are paid like champions, so go out there.

You can't have it both ways.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #65
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To be fair Jason Kidd is pretty good in 2K13.
J.R.Smith is a beast. That stepback jumpshot is WET.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #66
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You know why I don't complain about the bench?

Because the salary cap is tied into three players.

That's why I say the starters need to handle theirs.

These guys are paid like champions, so go out there.

You can't have it both ways.

C'mon man. That excuse is tired. Every time our GM screws up, that can't be your reasoning. So we should just get a team full of scrubs, overpay em and when things go wrong blame it on the guys who get paid the most. Carmelo Anthony was our best player. He led our team in scoring and went toe to toe with the best player in the league...and this was in an off year. Jason Kidd got outplayed by Roddy Beaubois. No comparison.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #67
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
C'mon man. That excuse is tired. Every time our GM screws up, that can't be your reasoning. So we should just get a team full of scrubs, overpay em and when things go wrong blame it on the guys who get paid the most. Carmelo Anthony was our best player. He led our team in scoring and went toe to toe with the best player in the league...and this was in an off year. Jason Kidd got outplayed by Roddy Beaubois. No comparison.
You don't like the reason because it's true.

I have no issue with the guys we have although I do admit amare has won thin on me.

But the point is with the cap full what do you expect to get?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #68
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I do think the cap situation is a factor in some of the problems with the bench. I dont want to go there....

But adding five 35 and over players isnt a good move IMHO and for 3 years wtf....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #69
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You don't like the reason because it's true.

I have no issue with the guys we have although I do admit amare has won thin on me.

But the point is with the cap full what do you expect to get?

Yea but whether we agree our starters are overpaid is completely irrelevant. You can't use that excuse everytime Grunwald screw up. And this offseason proved you can get players for cheap. Antawn Jamison says hello. Enough with the excuses. That excuse is worn out man. Glen Grunwald isnt doing his job. Period. The Heat have high priced players. The Lakers have high priced players. The Nets have high priced players and ALL of these teams have better benches than we do.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #70
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Yea but whether we agree our starters are overpaid is completely irrelevant. You can't use that excuse everytime Grunwald screw up. And this offseason proved you can get players for cheap. Antawn Jamison says hello. Enough with the excuses. That excuse is worn out man. Glen Grunwald isnt doing his job. Period. The Heat have high priced players. The Lakers have high priced players. The Nets have high priced players and ALL of these teams have better benches than we do.
I think the Knicks are not trying to be in the Luxury tax hell and I think the Knicks not having draft picks hurt as well.

But yeah Grumwald plan was to add 5 krust.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #71
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Maybe those teams have more attractive starters.

Once again you can't complain about the bench, if you won't aacknowledge the real issue.

Every team that has a solid bench also have at east one top 10 player, and in a lot of case they have two.

We have zero.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #72
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

How did Grunwald screw up?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #73
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Here is a question?

LeBron Wade Bosh

Chris Paul Blake Griffin

Durant Westbrook

Kobe

Melo Amare

You're a free agent and these teams have the same money to offer.

Who would you pick?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #74
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I know Franchize will disagree with some of what your saying...

grummy did acquire Tyson... that put us at the limit.

1. LeBron Wade Bosh

2. Durant Westbrook

3. Kobe

4. Melo Amare

5. Chris Paul Blake Griffin

I think I would choose Cp3 higher but i H8 Blake Griffin.

I think Grummy could have done better than five plus 35 yr old dudes.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #75
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I know Franchize will disagree with some of what your saying...

grummy did acquire Tyson... that put us at the limit.

1. LeBron Wade Bosh

2. Durant Westbrook

3. Kobe

4. Melo Amare

5. Chris Paul Blake Griffin

I think I would choose Cp3 higher but i H8 Blake Griffin.

I think Grummy could have done better than five plus 35 yr old dudes.
Maybe he could have done better, but what was attractive on the team to trade?

I'm hoping my guy wasn't serious mentioning Jamison.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: