Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #871
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
So let me get this straight, you think the team played great defense to start the season, when we played the same teams then that we are now?

Philly Twice, Orlando, Indy, Hornets....five of our first 9 opponents dont score points....we didn't defend squat...they dont score anyway.

And thats combined with giving up back to back 100 points during that same 8 game stretch.

LeBron and Wade checked out the Miami game with close to 5 minutes remaining, but i guess they would have remained scoreless had they stayed in the game....Miami scored 7 more points because it was all scrubs out there.

The fact show the team doesn't and never has had great defense, they win with making shots, a ridiculous number of threes, and dont turnover the ball and the coach has officially said it.

No real need to go any further.
Not great but certainly a lot better defense than we are playing right now.

We held the Heat to 84 points. We held Philly to 84 and 88 points (few days ago they scored 97). Hornets scored 80 against us at the start of the season,last time it was 87. Orlando scored 89 at the start,a few weeks ago they had 106.

If you don't notice the difference in defense between the start of the season and now then you don't watch the games carefully or have a bad memory.

Our defense was never great for an extended period of time. But it was good at the start of the season and it gradually got worse.

Both our offense and our defense is worse than at the start of the season. That's why our record is worse too.
Worse offense leads to worse defense (bad shots,long rebounds resulting in fastbreak opportunities for the opponent). Worse defense leads to worse offense (not getting easy looks in transition).
It's correlated. But IMO our problem starts at the defensive end. Play solid defense,create turnovers,get some easy points and the offense will come around. Not to mention that those fastbreak points are huge momentum boosters.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-29-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #872
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're almost home, you're almost there.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #873
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You're almost home, you're almost there.
So what do you want me to say ? That this team can't play good defense and that their game is depending on how well they are going to shoot from three ?

If that's the case then I don't know what we're discussing,guaranteed 1st round exit once again.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #874
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So what do you want me to say ? That this team can't play good defense and that their game is depending on how well they are going to shoot from three ?

If that's the case then I don't know what we're discussing,guaranteed 1st round exit once again.
Well obviously, it's a Carmelo Anthony team.

Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #875
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Well obviously, it's a Carmelo Anthony team.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #876
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:

Please read my post about defense. There are many types of factors that goes into defense.

Now I already explained to posters why they shouldnt be so judgmental right now. This is not the same team. There needs time for the current members to gel.

Stat is on a minutes limit coming back from injury, Shump is on a minutes limit coming back from injury, Felton coming back from injury on a minutels limit. These are not role players coming back these are starters. How often have they all played together? So I will just assume you understand all the factors in this. Still have to wait for Sheed and Camby to come back. With all the changes made this team needs a few weeks to get it together.

Clutch this IMHO is a little better than .500. I really thought this team could win 42 to 44 wins. The hot start gave fans a false sense of greatness.

I really and honestly dont think this team is a 1st round exit but its all about match ups.

I think fans need to temper expectations give this new team some time to get it together and stop whining so much.

Woodson needs to stop the small lineup but I understand its difficult when 2 of the PF's are out the lineup.

Last edited by Rameek : 01-30-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #877
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

Clutch this IMHO is a little better than .500. I really thought this team could win 42 to 44 wins. The hot start gave fans a false sense of greatness.

2 years ago Knicks finished with a 42-40 record.
Last year they were 36-30 (equivalent of 45-37 record in the normal season).

Do you really think this team isn't any better than the teams we had in previous 2 years ?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #878
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:

Do you really think this team isn't any better than the teams we had in previous 2 years ?
Cant judge teams that way.

If I told you the Lakers were going to have Nash, Kobe, Gasol, DHoward on the same team wouldnt you say that would be one of the best teams in the league....

Too many factors determine how good a team is. The team with the most talent and play like a team wins.

Whats the team record after the first 5 weeks?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #879
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

If it wasn't for that hot start, they probably would be a BELOW .500 team, and that's with some matchups that were expected to be losses.

At least 5 of them, the two SAS, the two Miami's, and last weeks Boston.

I agree with Rameek, alot is hung on that impressive start, which was unsustainable.

You had guys who were playing well above their norms, most notably the three point shooting.... Brewer actually hitting threes at 41%, JR somewhere around 47% from deep, Kidd shooting 50% from the field...48% from deep, and Melo hitting 47% from deep...48% overall.

Totally above their capabilities thus the great record, now that the guys are right around their norms, average team record.

The law of averages would suggest these guys would eventually tail off to their career numbers, and they have....and the team would reflect that and they have.

While it's almost a given they will be better than a few games above .500, that part means little.

For the team to advance in the playoffs, you'd have to get more of those early season numbers and little of their averages, otherwise they very well could be going home, not early, but the expected first round knockout.

You just can't build a team around inefficiency, unless they are solid effort guys around those guys.

We really have neither.

That's why I dont go out demanding more youth, because it wouldn't make a difference if they aren't efficient.

Just look at every champion....every single one has either their #1 or #2 guys being extremely efficient....we dont have that luxury at all.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #880
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
If it wasn't for that hot start, they probably would be a BELOW .500 team, and that's with some matchups that were expected to be losses.

At least 5 of them, the two SAS, the two Miami's, and last weeks Boston.

I agree with Rameek, alot is hung on that impressive start, which was unsustainable.

You had guys who were playing well above their norms, most notably the three point shooting.... Brewer actually hitting threes at 41%, JR somewhere around 47% from deep, Kidd shooting 50% from the field...48% from deep, and Melo hitting 47% from deep...48% overall.

Totally above their capabilities thus the great record, now that the guys are right around their norms, average team record.

The law of averages would suggest these guys would eventually tail off to their career numbers, and they have....and the team would reflect that and they have.

While it's almost a given they will be better than a few games above .500, that part means little.

For the team to advance in the playoffs, you'd have to get more of those early season numbers and little of their averages, otherwise they very well could be going home, not early, but the expected first round knockout.

You just can't build a team around inefficiency, unless they are solid effort guys around those guys.

We really have neither.

That's why I dont go out demanding more youth, because it wouldn't make a difference if they aren't efficient.

Just look at every champion....every single one has either their #1 or #2 guys being extremely efficient....we dont have that luxury at all.
When I made that prediction of the 42-44 wins was factoring in the injuries and possible injuries of the Krust Kings plus a average coach and limited talent. The East is a mediocre conference
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #881
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
When I made that prediction of the 42-44 wins was factoring in the injuries and possible injuries of the Krust Kings plus a average coach and limited talent. The East is a mediocre conference
Quote:
Max of 53, but as a betting man, i'll safely say 47, with a bottom out of 43 pending a ton of injuries.

This way me then, and the team at the moment is holding firm to these predictions.

Interesting though, if the goes .500 the rest of the way they'd finish out at 47-48 wins.

I still remember that premature thread bump someone did....

I did think back then they would come out running early, and that was mainly due to having a training camp and wanting to prove some things early on.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #882
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man you guys are so angry

*Obvious Sarcasm Alert*
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #883
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

We look good in this Orlando game
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #884
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Was really interested to see how Melo answered the question about becoming the new Knicks record holder for consecutive games with 20 straight points. He thanked his teammates for the opportunity to do so and continued to preach team team team through out. Definitely like hearing that from a player like Melo. I think his mind is completely focused on winning now.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #885
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Was really interested to see how Melo answered the question about becoming the new Knicks record holder for consecutive games with 20 straight points. He thanked his teammates for the opportunity to do so and continued to preach team team team through out. Definitely like hearing that from a player like Melo. I think his mind is completely focused on winning now.

He's been all about winning all season long...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: