Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #76
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Maybe he could have done better, but what was attractive on the team to trade?

I'm hoping my guy wasn't serious mentioning Jamison.
Do me a favor...Go look up Jamisons stats then re-evaluate that statement. He dropped 17 a game and grabbed 6 boards.

Sorry dude. No way you can convince me our last resort was having the oldest team ever assembled. You mock Jamison but Rasheed Wallace, who was fat and sitting on his couch last year, is ok? 17 and 6 is unacceptable, but Jason Kidds 5 and 6 is worth almost three times that? Cmon man. Leandro Barbosa JUST got signed by Boston. The dont have high priced players. They got him for the vet min.

If everytime Grunwald does something dumb, the excuse is gonna be Amare and Melo make too much money n scare free agents away, why is he our GM? What does he get paid for? And HE was the one that signed Chandler. Not Walsh. Thats a huge salary in itself.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #77
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Do me a favor...Go look up Jamisons stats then re-evaluate that statement. He dropped 17 a game and grabbed 6 boards.

Sorry dude. No way you can convince me our last resort was having the oldest team ever assembled. You mock Jamison but Rasheed Wallace, who was fat and sitting on his couch last year, is ok? 17 and 6 is unacceptable, but Jason Kidds 5 and 6 is worth almost three times that? Cmon man. Leandro Barbosa JUST got signed by Boston. The dont have high priced players. They got him for the vet min.

If everytime Grunwald does something dumb, the excuse is gonna be Amare and Melo make too much money n scare free agents away, why is he our GM? What does he get paid for? And HE was the one that signed Chandler. Not Walsh. Thats a huge salary in itself.
Jamison averaged that on 40% shooting and the year before was at 42%.

He took 16 shots to get 17 points, and he is 35 as well, so i see no relevance in this.

Why you're taking shots at Chandler is mind boggling, the dude won DPOY, and we all know for a fact the Knicks did not care about guarding the paint prior to his arrival.

Do you think Philly would have given Kwame Brown 7 mil this offseason if they knew they could have had Bynum?

Big men get paid, and i'd think one who was absolutely key to a championship and the following year wins the best defensive award is worth that money.

But maybe, just maybe, the guys you may want don't want to be here.

For instance supposedly we wanted Amundson, but he signed with Minny for the same money we could offer and he probably will get less time there since they are so deep at forward.

Barbosa is garbage man, he hasn't been good since PHx, unless 8 points on under 40% shooting is ok now.

Why didn't the Pacers keep him? And where was he to play here?

The truth of the matter is.....

No one is beating down the door to play for the Knicks.

The question is......why?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #78
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whether it's better or worse, it is what it is.

To say Grunwald screwed up is quite incorrect.

He tried to get the best available pg, and it would have taken getting rid of Shumpert to do it, if PHX would bite, and Nash agreeing.

Grunwald lost to a team that acquired Nash with literally "free money"....a Trade exception which was created when they dumped Lamar Odom., and three late first rounders.

Is it Grunwald's fault he didn't have those same assets to trade?

How about Ray Allen who supposedly had interest in the Knicks, but chose to go to the reigning champion?

That's a no-brainer, imo.

How is that Grunwalds fault?

He went out and got back the pg that actually played well here, who never wanted to leave, and seems motivated to playing well again....not a bad move, especially a 3 mil a season.

Felton's backups are old, but can play in limited action, and i don't see any backups that would serve the purpose on a team that thinks they can win it all, that we could have gotten for 3 mil a season and a vet min.

Camby last season was one of the best rebounders in the game in the minutes he played, as no one got 9 boards in under 25 minutes in the entire league.

Kurt was part of the deal, i don't count him at all.

Was Ronnie Brewer at vet min a bad signing?

Sheed isn't even signed yet.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #79
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Every player you ripped is still better than the guys on our bench.

If you wanna drink the koolaid that giving Jason Kidd 3 million dollars for the production of a vet min guy...so be it. If you wanna believe that Rasheed Wallace was our only option so be it. If you wanna believe getting a 35 yr old point rookie who was a backup overseas is our best solution for our backup pg woes, be my guest. I fancy you smarter than that tho n I think you know better.

Btw...Jason Kidd shot 36% last year.

Bottom line is, Grunwald AND our scouting dept did a lazy job. From our draft pick, to our acquisitions to our summer league to our roster invites. Point Blank!

Btw, I gave Grunwald props for the Brewer signing AND tricking JR into resigning. I repeatedly have supported those moves. Moves like that I support. Signing guys based on name... I do NOT.

As for Chandler, you already kno I could care less about that award and I dont think he deserved it. I know what I saw on the court, especially come playoff time. It wasnt the defensive guru everyone anointed him. I saw a guy tapping the ball instead of grabbing boards, picking up dumb fouls and technicals, horrendous from the foul line and a guy who is completely inept offensively. He isnt a bum, but if anyone "isnt worth their salary" its him...not Melo. But I dont wanna go back n forth about Tyson. We both know how each other feels about him.

Our bench is suspect. We need help.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #80
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Start Kidd, bring Felton and Smith off the bench (once we get Shumpert back). Problem solved. Or at least mitigated.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #81
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Start Kidd, bring Felton and Smith off the bench (once we get Shumpert back). Problem solved. Or at least mitigated.

See There you have it
Old 10-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #82
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

trade kiidd for cp3
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #83
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
trade kiidd for cp3

Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #84
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
trade kiidd for cp3
Nah,that wouldn't work. NY would never accept that deal. Clippers would have to include some assets besides CP3 too.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #85
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
See There you have it
I should be GM. I think we all know what my first order of business would be...
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #86
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I should be GM. I think we all know what my first order of business would be...

Trade for Gallo?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Trade Melo for Gallo, straight up

fixed
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #88
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Trade for Gallo?
I don't think he loves Gallo so much. It's more that he hates Melo a lot.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #89
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I was actually going to say "poison James Dolan", but I like where your heads are at.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #90
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
I was actually going to say "poison James Dolan", but I like where your heads are at.
You can poison James Dolan without being a GM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: