Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #886
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
We look good in this Orlando game

Not in the first half. Woodson is still a moron imo, and will hold us back with his crappy rotations and lineups. I still don't get why he starts guys who are 12th in the rotation every night. Coincidentally, when he started with the stupid charade is when we started losing every first quarter.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #887
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Our ball movement was great last night. On the other hand our defense was horrid in the 1st half but we picked it up in the 2nd.

Guards are continuing to torch us,Redick and Nelson combined for 50 points.

Melo had a nice all around game,20 points,7 rebounds and 5 assists. STAT and Chandler were efficient,I like those few moves we saw from Chandler early on.

Steve Novak has become completely useless and can't hit any shots unless we're up by 15+,then he's suddenly red hot.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #888
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Was really interested to see how Melo answered the question about becoming the new Knicks record holder for consecutive games with 20 straight points. He thanked his teammates for the opportunity to do so and continued to preach team team team through out. Definitely like hearing that from a player like Melo. I think his mind is completely focused on winning now.
I didn't like it. He should have looked at the camera and said "maybe now you can get off my ass! Then walked away lol j/k

Quote:
Not in the first half. Woodson is still a moron imo, and will hold us back with his crappy rotations and lineups. I still don't get why he starts guys who are 12th in the rotation every night. Coincidentally, when he started with the stupid charade is when we started losing every first quarter.

Gotta agree partially here. While I don't think he's a moron, I don't like the inconsistency in his lineups. One day a guy is starting. The next, he's got a DNP-Coach's Decision.

Melo pretty much played like the guy the Mike Breens and Steve Kerrs and Jon Barrys of the world wanna see in the first half. He passed a lot. He rebounded. He only shot when he was open. And what happened? We were tied at the half with a team we should be blowing out lol. That should tell us. We didnt pay this guy to be just another guy.

Our defense has been looking terrible as usual. Especially against PGs. Our guard cant keep guys in front and Chandler isn't protecting the hoop at all. Little ass Jameer Nelson (who I wanted to be a Knick before this season) was fearless going to the hoop. So was all 5 feet of Ishe Smith (who I also said would be a good, cheap backup pg). Even JJ Reddick was taking it to the hole.

Our D turned it around in the second half and that's the defense we'll need going forward.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #889
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree. There are a lot of moments.

One game White/Copeland/Brewer are starting,next game they don't even get a minute of playing time.

And Woodson needs to give Melo some rest or he's going to be exhausted come playoff time. Play him 35 minutes per game,not more. As of late he plays 40 minutes every game,that's too much.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #890
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #891
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

20 rebounds? 2 Blocks?

Dalembert my ass.....
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #892
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

I can't get enough of this gif...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #893
Clutch
Stop flopping

Tyson and Amare had a great game last night.

Melo had 25/8/6 but he didn't shot the ball well and made some boneheaded mistakes on offense. Still,those are very good all around numbers.

Felton also played great. Guy is a warrior and you must respect his passion and will to help the team.

I must admit I'm impressed with Amare's post game. He looks really good down in the post and very efficient too. He's still a dumb defender but the effort is there. By every game he looks better and better and the stats show it. He averaged 16.8 points,6.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks over the last 5 games. All that in just 24 minutes,and on 65% shooting too
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #894
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
20 rebounds? 2 Blocks?

Dalembert my ass.....
Our 7 footer had a good rebounding game.

BTW, the only reason Dalembert doesn't play is because Larry Sanders is an absolute beast. Most improved player o the year? He's got my vote, as well as DPOY
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #895
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Our 7 footer had a good rebounding game.

BTW, the only reason Dalembert doesn't play is because Larry Sanders is an absolute beast. Most improved player o the year? He's got my vote, as well as DPOY
Dally falls out of the rotation pretty much everywhere he has been, he's pretty much still in the league only because he is big.

I do like Sanders though, dont know about DPOY.

He doesn't play enough minutes per game imo, and he literally challenges everything thus racking up alot fouls in those limited minutes.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #896
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Like the Miami Heat, who seem to be fine with playing their best in only half of their games, the Knicks have a version of cruise control. They don’t start defending until after halftime.
On Friday, the Knicks allowed the Milwaukee Bucks to score 53 points on just 44 first-half possessions. And then, they held the Bucks to just 33 points on 45 second-half possessions to pull out a 96-86 victory.

But this was nothing new, really. Through Friday, the Knicks rank 28th in first-half defense, allowing 106.2 points per 100 possessions. And they rank seventh in second-half defense, allowing just 99.5. That’s the second biggest discrepancy in the league.

The Knicks most-used lineup in the second half has been Raymond Felton, Kidd, J.R. Smith, Carmelo Anthony and Chandler. And it’s been excellent defensively, allowing less than 89 points per 100 possessions in 99 second-half minutes. The same lineup has allowed 101 points per 100 possessions – good but not great – in 52 first-half minutes.

The New York offense is always going to be there. They rank fourth in first-half offense, first in second-half offense, and third overall. But they’re a below average defensive team, ranking 16th overall, because, on most nights, they don’t bring focus on that end until the third quarter.

Whole article: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...=iref:nbahpt6b
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #897
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

They could start defending in the last 2 minutes for all I care, so long as they win the game. How many games are decided at half time?

Shumpert definitely isn't the same though. Good hands, but he's having trouble staying in front of other guards. Last season he was the ace-in-the-hole that could lock down point guards and completely disrupt an offense.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #898
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
They could start defending in the last 2 minutes for all I care, so long as they win the game. How many games are decided at half time?

Shumpert definitely isn't the same though. Good hands, but he's having trouble staying in front of other guards. Last season he was the ace-in-the-hole that could lock down point guards and completely disrupt an offense.

I think he came back too soon. He doesn't seem confident on that knee. He missed a wide open dunk tonight. He isn't jumping with explosion. I'm not saying I think he re-injured it but I definitely think he's thinking about it still.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #899
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

OK um, so can we put the "can Melo play with Amare" stuff away and start STAT now?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #900
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

So....the Knicks BENCH outscored the entire Sacramento Kings tonite.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: