Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #916
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
How about my man Dalembert though?
35 pts. 12 reb. 2 ast. 1blk 0 turnovers
I was just going to post that

Also I read that he's the first player to have 35/12 in 27 or less minutes of play.
Not sure about that but if true
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #917
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Impress me and do it three times in a row....in wins.

I will add Denvers defense will allow stuff like that, plus the Bucks lost after leading the entire game, you could say Dalemberts non existent defense is why they blew the game....

60 points in the paint allowed, is this an all-star game?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #918
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Impress me and do it three times in a row....in wins.

I will add Denvers defense will allow stuff like that, plus the Bucks lost after leading the entire game, you could say Dalemberts non existent defense is why they blew the game....

60 points in the paint allowed, is this an all-star game?
Or you could say "Knickscity is a hater" because if Chandler had a game like that you'd be drooling lol j/k

BTW, I went to last night's game. Ths one was pretty easy to explain.

1. We came out flat. Not lazy..but flat. We looked like a worn out team. Guys were trying hard out there but they just didn't get warmed up until the second half. By then, the Wizard were red hot.

2. Chandler had a terrible game. I gave credit where it's due when he played well. Last night wasn'tone of those games. He was lazy. Guys were fearless in he paint. Most of his rebound were of the "right place right time" variety.

3. I said this before and I'll say it again. I think Shumpert came back too soon. He just doesn't seem like he's trustin his knee yet. It could be all mental but I just don't see him explodng like he used to. He's making finesse moves lik he's tryin to compensate for it and don't see him get low in his defensive stance like he used to.

4.Raymond Felton's defense has been atrocious. If I had to blame someone for last night's loss it might have tobe him. He played well offensively but Wall was just blowing past him. I understand you expect Chandler to help but he didn't remotely impede Wall's progress.

5. Melo had some bad turnovers. He was trying to be a facilitator too much last night at times and it cost him. That travel at the end of the game wa BS though. He TOTALL got pushed but it was a make up call for a foul they called against the Wizards on him where there really wasn't much contact.

6. I don't know if you guys saw it but Felton made Wall fall on an in-and-out move. It was NASTY! It wasn't an optical illusion or case where the camera angle makes i look worse than it was (like Lin's crossover on Wall last year).He hit him BAD and Wall just dropped! The crowd, which was mostly Knicks fans, went CRAZY!

7.We wer forcing it to Amare and overpassing too much last night. That bein said, Amare started getting it going and Woody inexplicably took him out at the en of the game. He does that way too much. When guys are on a rol, let them play!

8. The switching and help defense hurt us last night. At somepoint, you just have to leta guy that's getting beat get exposed. We kept helping Felton on Wall and it killed us. All Wall did was penetrate and dish when Melo, JR and Shumpert helped off of Ariza and Webster. They were shooting wide open shotsall night. This is how Miami plays so we'd better get it together.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #919
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Good summary from the game fam...much appreciated.

The only thing i disagree with is about Shumpert.

I dont think anything is wrong with him, he is just playing completely out of position, he isnt a small forward and should never have to guard one.

His offense looks better from a shooting motion and he still tries to attack the rim in traffic follows his man for the most part on defense.

But Shump is a ball defender, he should be at the top of the key defending where the opposing teams offense is generating and that rarely happens.

It's really the only Knock on Woodson that i have now....put Shump as the sg for christs sake, then and only then can i rate his performance.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #920
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Good summary from the game fam...much appreciated.

The only thing i disagree with is about Shumpert.

I dont think anything is wrong with him, he is just playing completely out of position, he isnt a small forward and should never have to guard one.

His offense looks better from a shooting motion and he still tries to attack the rim in traffic follows his man for the most part on defense.

But Shump is a ball defender, he should be at the top of the key defending where the opposing teams offense is generating and that rarely happens.

It's really the only Knock on Woodson that i have now....put Shump as the sg for christs sake, then and only then can i rate his performance.

I'm not basing my opinion on his production. Look, the guy had one of the injuries in sports that nobody wants to hear their doctor say. I expect him to be rusty. I'm referring to his body language and how he plants and stuff. It just looks like that knee is going to buckle. Furthermore, it looks like he has it in the back of his head. I don't blame him. I'd be nervous as **** too because the next time could be the last time. I definitely agree about Woody though. I'm not getting why we're still oing small. I thought that was a temporary fix...not our new "thing"
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #921
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I just wanna see him at his correct position before i can judge what he is doing out there.

The guys still drive in the lane with traffic and tries to dunk.

You dont do that thinking about a gimpy knee.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #922
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I just wanna see him at his correct position before i can judge what he is doing out there.

The guys still drive in the lane with traffic and tries to dunk.

You dont do that thinking about a gimpy knee.
Once again...I'm not referring to his performance. It just looks like he's not comfortable out there. And I don't see him trying to dunk much anymore. He used to try and flush it on people. Now he tries to hang in the air and make trick shots almost.

That said, once again, I agree. Why have the one young fella, who can still add to his game, play out of position? Maximize his talents before he gets pigeonholed into some marginal role player position.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #923
Clutch
NBA Legend

D'Antoni with yet another priceless statement:

Quote:
Asked by a writer about his job security, DíAntoni told him that he had a multi-year contract and if it didnít work out, he could be playing golf.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #924
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Once again...I'm not referring to his performance. It just looks like he's not comfortable out there. And I don't see him trying to dunk much anymore. He used to try and flush it on people. Now he tries to hang in the air and make trick shots almost.

That said, once again, I agree. Why have the one young fella, who can still add to his game, play out of position? Maximize his talents before he gets pigeonholed into some marginal role player position.
He tries to dunk quite a bit, and really hasn't done it well since his very first game dunking on KG, then getting a knee injury in the same game.

He may not be 100%, but he's playing well, but I can't judge until he is in his correct position.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #925
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Our guard play is absolutely atrocious headlined by Jason Kidd who started off the year decent but is now an absolute waste of minutes. He KILLS our offense. He passes up shots and gives the ball to Melo, JR and Amare with little to no time on the clock.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #926
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Our guard play is absolutely atrocious headlined by Jason Kidd who started off the year decent but is now an absolute waste of minutes. He KILLS our offense. He passes up shots and gives the ball to Melo, JR and Amare with little to no time on the clock.
Talking about guards,I'm actually more pissed off at our perimeter defense.

They just can't stay in front of their man. Rubio and Ridnour had a best game of the season tonight. And it's not just tonight,it happens every game.
It really pisses me off.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #927
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Woodson and Amar'e have some kind of beef. Amar'e's still being a team player though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #928
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

They just can't stay in front of their man. Rubio and Ridnour had a best game of the season tonight. And it's not just tonight,it happens every game.
It really pisses me off.

It feels like every game, the opposing guards go off like their 2k sliders were set at 100. Drives me crazy.

And it pisses me off when I see Felton get beat play after play, only to throw his hands up at Tyson for not setting the help. Dude stop relying on the guy behind you, and stay in front of your man goddammit. Its not like Rubio or Ridnour are particularly speedy either...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #929
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
It feels like every game, the opposing guards go off like their 2k sliders were set at 100. Drives me crazy.

And it pisses me off when I see Felton get beat play after play, only to throw his hands up at Tyson for not setting the help. Dude stop relying on the guy behind you, and stay in front of your man goddammit. Its not like Rubio or Ridnour are particularly speedy either...
Everyone lights us up,not only the speedy guards. God I swear if Mike Bibby signed with the team and played against us he would be getting to the paint with ease,score 15+ points and look like he's in his prime again.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #930
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

It really pisses me off.
That's what I'm referring to also! We "can't stop a nose bleed."

Quote:
Woodson and Amar'e have some kind of beef. Amar'e's still being a team player though.
Are you basing this off of the fact that he isn't playing/starting or is there something you saw or heard? I'm not saying I disagree at all. Just curious.

Quote:
And it pisses me off when I see Felton get beat play after play, only to throw his hands up at Tyson for not setting the help. Dude stop relying on the guy behind you, and stay in front of your man goddammit.

It needs to be a balance of both. Same with our switching. You play your butt off on defense and when you need the help or to switch, you should be able to rely on it. Problem is, we aren't impeding any progress, then when guards get to the paint, Chandler and Amare aren't defending the rim.

Quote:
God I swear if Mike Bibby signed with the team and played against us he would be getting to the paint with ease,score 15+ points and look like he's in his prime again.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here lmao He couldn't even make his dad's team lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: