Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #976
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Melo is playing like hot garbage on offense today.

Our offense altogether looks like diarrhea tonight.

Mike Woodson. Please explain to me why the hell you would put Novak, Kidd and Prigioni on the court at the same time!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #977
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Landry Fields played good D, and he's still a rebounding machine. I miss him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #978
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So then you're ready to say Jason Kidd needs to be gotten rid of right? Because he's shooting 20% from 3 this month and he only shoots wide open shots.

BTW, typically, when your headband is over your eyes repeatedly after going to the basket, it usually means you got fouled right? So hy the **** can't our allstar player get a foul call?
Melo doesn't really get calls for whatever reason. I think it's because he's so physical himself in initiating contact. Which is a great way to ref if you're consistent across the board, but that's not how it works in the NBA.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #979
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Landry Fields played good D, and he's still a rebounding machine. I miss him.

Fields sucks... and good D my ass, Melo and the rest of the team didnt have it tonight. They couldnt throw the ball in the ocean from a boat w/ they they shot tonight.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #980
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I think the Knicks should consider a trade before the wheels completely come off.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #981
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yea you can have Fields Scooter. 18.25 over the next 3 years and he's getting 5 ppg and shooting 11% from 3 lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #982
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
I think the Knicks should consider a trade before the wheels completely come off.

I would not be opposed to a trade but it would have to be one which improves the team (at least on paper).
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #983
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea you can have Fields Scooter. 18.25 over the next 3 years and he's getting 5 ppg and shooting 11% from 3 lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
The heart wants what the heart wants.

He had 10 rebounds tonight and played good D. That was better than whatever Kidd did.

I never understand the preoccupation with what the players are getting paid. You aren't the one cutting the checks, I presume.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #984
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
I would not be opposed to a trade but it would have to be one which improves the team (at least on paper).
Yeah, it's hard to see an obvious one out there. Maybe they just need the All-Star Break to recuperate.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #985
Clutch
NBA Legend

I missed the game because I had to study for my exam and to be honest I knew something like this was coming.
I'm glad I didn't watch it.

ESPN Stat of the night: Knicks are 2-3 when I miss the game
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #986
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Mike Woodson has to make serious changes to his lineup and rotations. Jason Kidd cannot be a starter anymore. Iman Shumpert has to start producing otherwise he needs to be on the bench. We cannot have 40% of our starting lineup produce nothing. It puts way too much pressure on Melo to score, especially considering the other 2 starters (Tyson and Felton) can't be trusted to produce either. Also Felton needs to become a creator on offense and not a chucker. I'm not sure he can though.

Amar'e and JR Smith should both start. They are 2 of our top producers, and we need to rely on them as much as possible. Fck this "spark off the bench" bullcrap. What good is a spark off the bench when the starting lineup is always behind?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #987
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
The heart wants what the heart wants.

I've occupied many a night with vulnerable girls who thought the same way in my college years lmao

Quote:
I never understand the preoccupation with what the players are getting paid. You aren't the one cutting the checks, I presume.

Because the more bums you have getting overpaid, the less quality players you can afford. Steve Novak makes about the same as OJ Mayo. Jason Kidd makes more than Randy Foye. Marcus Camby makes more than Larry Sanders. ETC.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #988
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I was hoping for a Dragic/Mayo backcourt at one point last summer, but I think Dallas fans are hating Mayo. Apparently he sucks now.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #989
Jasi
Quality?

OJ Mayo has already had his three weeks of glory for this season.
Now he's paying at his regular level.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #990
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Mike Woodson has to make serious changes to his lineup and rotations. Jason Kidd cannot be a starter anymore. Iman Shumpert has to start producing otherwise he needs to be on the bench. We cannot have 40% of our starting lineup produce nothing. It puts way too much pressure on Melo to score, especially considering the other 2 starters (Tyson and Felton) can't be trusted to produce either. Also Felton needs to become a creator on offense and not a chucker. I'm not sure he can though.

Amar'e and JR Smith should both start. They are 2 of our top producers, and we need to rely on them as much as possible. Fck this "spark off the bench" bullcrap. What good is a spark off the bench when the starting lineup is always behind?
So Iman isnt a scorer. And if he isnt good defensively he is useless! I'll say it again they should consider trading while he has value. But most fans overrate him anyways.

Felton cant create for guys that has no game. So there are only 4 players that can do anything offensively on this team; Felton, Melo, JR, Copeland. But yes lets bash Felton. So yes Felton is an average player trying to do more than his skill set but there isnt much choice in the situation.

I wouldnt bash Melo over having a bad shooting night. He has to score and keep trying to score. What else can he do? He could try to do other things like passing and defending but no one else is good enough to pick up that slack. But when Felton tries to do more he gets bashed.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: