Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #1036
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

I see people are already trying to blame Melo for this mess. I guess it's his fault that no one this roster can score unless he's wide open besides Felton and J.R. who are chuckers and when they are cold (and that's often) it's basically all on Melo to save the day. We also have Amare but he's coming back off an injury and he clearly isn't the same anymore.

I started to question Woodson in the last year's playoffs,I said he isn't a championship caliber coach and I still think so. And I'm also starting to agree with franchize about Grunwald. Too many old guys. Too many guys that don't even contribute.

I supported the Kidd signing but the guy has been shooting like 10% for about 2 months now
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #1037
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He seems pretty meaty to me. I wouldn't at all be surprised at 260 lbs. He's almost 6'7" in his bare feet.
Melo is like 230 lbs. He weighed himself and posted the pick online this summer. I think we'd know if he gained 40 lbs. Lebron isn't even 260

And Knickscity, one game doesn't mean your entire season is a failure. You don't wanna talk numbers. You wont win that argument. I repeat, you supported Grunwald's moves this summer. You don't wanna see Kidd's numbers.

The link you posted, Melo is getting over 26 in every single breakdown lol Knock it off man lol

Only in NYC can you avg 28 and 6 and be the scapegoat. I guess that's why Bernard King isn't a Hall of Famer yet. How many times have you voiced your opinion about that? I bet not as many times as you've gone to bat for Jared Jeffries lol

Last edited by franchize : 02-20-2013 at 11:20 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #1038
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I bet Greg Smith weighs 260.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #1039
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I bet Greg Smith weighs 260.
Possibly. And Melo isn't nearly as big as him
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #1040
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Melo for Greg Smith and Chandler Parsons.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #1041
Clutch
NBA Legend

Meanwhile Kobe is 1-32 in his last 33 threes attempted. I guess knickscity thinks he's garbage too
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #1042
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

34 pt loss to the fvcking Indiana Pacers? My god this team is pure shit now.

Something's gotta give man, the team as currently constructed isn't paying dividends, that awesome start has been pissed away, and what I thought was an ECF team is looking more and more like a 1st rd out...smh.

Idk what needs to happen tbh but things need to be shaken up. Whether its Woodson or a roster retooling idk.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #1043
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Melo for Greg Smith and Chandler Parsons.
Sign me up.

I'd even take Royce White.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #1044
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Melo is like 230 lbs. He weighed himself and posted the pick online this summer. I think we'd know if he gained 40 lbs. Lebron isn't even 260

And Knickscity, one game doesn't mean your entire season is a failure. You don't wanna talk numbers. You wont win that argument. I repeat, you supported Grunwald's moves this summer. You don't wanna see Kidd's numbers.

The link you posted, Melo is getting over 26 in every single breakdown lol Knock it off man lol

Only in NYC can you avg 28 and 6 and be the scapegoat. I guess that's why Bernard King isn't a Hall of Famer yet. How many times have you voiced your opinion about that? I bet not as many times as you've gone to bat for Jared Jeffries lol
Bernard King was a career 50% shooter, Melo can't sniff that dudes jock strap at this point.

This isn't even one game....when you AVERAGE 44% on 22 shots....you're having alot of bad games.

I've already stated Kidd has played bad for the last two months, but guess what? He's not taking 22 shots and only hitting 9.

Kidd should not have started a single game, we all thought he'd come off the bench.

But enough wioth role players......when the max cars play as such, then the team will win games.

Pretty soon Carmelo will have the same fg% that Kidd has currently now.

I'm will also guarantee Melo will finish the season below 40% from the field.

At least on the positive note.....Tyson is averaging a double double.

He should demand a trade tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #1045
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Sign me up.

I'd even take Royce White.
I respect you man but you've gone full retard. Even Scooter wouldn't do it.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #1046
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Be honest...does this team look like a squad that can win a playoff series?

If they can't break it up now.

These guys seriously dont wanna play, they come out every single game with no effort at all.

And lord help em, dont let someone get tough with them.

I know you guys hate to hear it, but you have to face it....

This team goes in the direction Melo goes......

When he played consitent on both ends of the court....the team won.

Now he's happy to take alot of shots, dont worry about missing more than half of them and there is no effort in any other aspect of the game.

They have to have pride, and right now...they have none.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #1047
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Be honest...does this team look like a squad that can win a playoff series?

If they can't break it up now.

These guys seriously dont wanna play, they come out every single game with no effort at all.

And lord help em, dont let someone get tough with them.

I know you guys hate to hear it, but you have to face it....

This team goes in the direction Melo goes......

When he played consitent on both ends of the court....the team won.

Now he's happy to take alot of shots, dont worry about missing more than half of them and there is no effort in any other aspect of the game.

They have to have pride, and right now...they have none.
So getting Parsons for Melo who is 10x the player Parsons will ever be is going to help us win the championship ? If you want to rebuild you don't trade just Melo. Before trading Melo you need to trade Amare and the old guys who make a lot of money but don't do anything (Kidd,Camby for example).
You don't rebuild by trading your best player for nothing and leaving guys who make as much money as him but are clearly worse on the roster.

Of course Melo is taking more shots because no one on this team can score anymore. They had a hot start to the season,Melo could then play the right way because he could trust his teammates to do something.
Look at them right now. Brewer was hitting threes at +40% rate to start the season,now he isn't even in a rotation. Kidd was shooting 50% for three,now he's shooting like 15% in the last month or two. J.R. was shooting +60% to start the season and now he's at 34% and it's getting worse every game.
Melo needs to take a shitload of shots just to keep us in game. If they aren't falling it's a blowout. If they are falling we have a chance to win. And to be fair no one is playing defense anymore. Iso ball+no defense = blowout loss against good defensive teams.

Melo is the only one making this team respectable. Without him we wouldn't even be close to .500
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #1048
Clutch
NBA Legend

Let me get this straight.

It's Melo's fault that Kidd is averaging 2.1 points on 15% 3-pt shooting over the last 10 while playing 20+ minutes per game
It's Melo's fault that J.R. has shot +50% only 2 times in the last 26 games.
It's Melo's fault that Tyson Chandler is completely useless on offense if Felton can't get wide open lobs for him.
It's Melo's fault that Shumpert has come back from the injury and looks like shit on both ends on the floor and is averaging 3.2 points on 21% shooting over the last 5 games.

Melo's numbers might not be the best over the past few games but that's because his teammates are completely useless on offense.
He had 42/8 against the Clippers and was the only one keeping the game close. He beat the Wolves almost single handedly. Same thing with the Hawks.

Let's face it. Melo is an elite talent and surely a top 10 player in the league,arguably top 5.
Yet most of you disrespect him and blame him for everything while it's obvious that he's the only one keeping this team respectable.

What is guy supposed to do ? Pass the ball to Kidd more so he can brick more threes ? Or maybe give J.R. an opportunity to shoot more stepbacks.
Let's face it. Kidd has become a 6'4 Steve Novak who can't hit threes and plays slightly better defense.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-21-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #1049
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm beginning to think he's joking so I'm not even going to bother responding anymore. I've seen him make too many quality posts to believe he's this delusional.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #1050
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'll zip my lip about Melo until the playoffs, but this last piece is how i will leave it.

Just as I expect amare to do something stupid to oust himself out of a third straight run, I fully expect a major falling out with Melo.

With that....just watch....I will bump appropriately.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: