Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #1066
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'd rather play Shump than play Kidd. At least Shump's struggles are from rust. Kidd is just bad. He's bad this year. He was bad last year. He was bad the year Dallas won the title. He's DONE!

Shoot, we've tried every player in the lineup. Why not try JR?

Bingo!!! What's the point of having a spark on the bench, when your starting lineup is awful?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #1067
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Actually, Rex Ryan is a great defensive X's and O's guy. He just refuses to force his GM to get the personnel to get the job done.

I think the Melo and Amare thing is overblown. They seem fine together IMHO. Im not that into +/- like some of you guys but Amare was +3 and he played a lot with Melo. Chandler was -12. Chandler had some nice blocks yesterday and I think people unfairly blamed him for that Lowry shot. That was good defense. Lowry just made a tough shot. That being said, on offense, Chandler can't catch anything but colds. Dude just has butter fingers. Overall though, he played well.

Damn the playoffs. The key to us finally just ending this losing streak is Mike Woodson ending his love affair with small ball and more importantly with Jason Kidd. If he choses to continue to be stuck on stupid and start this guy, we have no chance. Shumpert will continue to struggle because he yanks him way too soon. He and JR will be playing out of position still. We'll be playing 4 on 5 on offense because, like yesterday, he'll be passing up quality shots we worked hard for (he cost us the gam yesterday passing up wide open 3's).

You cannot be this stubborn and expect to win. Small ball isn't working. Jason Kidd isn't contributing ANYTHING to your team. Don't let the steal stats fool you. Last night, of Toronto's first 15 points, 9 of them were scored on Kidd.

At this point, Prigioni is outplaying Kidd and has been for a while now. Woodson even suggested replacing Kidd with Prigioni some games back. Kidd's play has been downhill ever since so I don't get how he is still in the starting lineup. He's by far the worst starting shooting guard in the league. He's terrible and if Woody keeps starting him, he's just showing, as with Rex Ryan with Eric Smith, that he'd rather play him and prove a point than do what's best for the team to succeed. This is on Woodson!

I've actually been surprisingly content w/ Prigs. He's slow but his defensive effort is always at 100%. It also helps he's capable of breaking teams down in the PnR w/ Amare or Tyson, something Kidd can't do.

As for JR, meh. He's too low IQ and too inefficient (especially when you consider that he's a scorer) to be relied on.

And yes I agree wholeheartedly w/ the small ball issue. Melo is not a 4. Shump is not a 3. Kidd is not a 2. Enough w/ the experimenting, play them at their natural spots.

And Amare's defense or lack thereof still bothers me to no end...I know it might not be fair to pick on him for this, its not like Felton and Melo are great defenders in their own right but when it comes to bigs, I want them to be able to play D and rebound.

I think KMart should help out in this regard.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #1068
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Complaining about small ball when you have Kurt, Stat, Chandler for the PF/C position. Get over it until Camby, Wallace, Martin comes onto the court. This isnt Woody's fault. This is Grummy fault.

Not much talent available off the bench but I think White and Copeland should get more minutes to prove themselves.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #1069
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Good job Chandler wtf Melo?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #1070
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im glad to see Chandler finally stick up for his teammate. I don't mind that tech at all. That's Knicks basketball I grew up on.

Quote:
Complaining about small ball when you have Kurt, Stat, Chandler for the PF/C position. Get over it until Camby, Wallace, Martin comes onto the court. This isnt Woody's fault. This is Grummy fault.

Not much talent available off the bench but I think White and Copeland should get more minutes to prove themselves.

I disagree. As much as we talk about how dumb JR is, there's no way he can be any worse than Jason Kidd. I've been saying we should start him for 2 months. I'm sorry but I'm not going to sacrifice productivity in my starting lineup for the sake of having a spark off the bench.

But yes, I absolutely agree the lion share of the blame should go to Grunwald. How you can't see this coming is beyond me.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #1071
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Im glad to see Chandler finally stick up for his teammate. I don't mind that tech at all. That's Knicks basketball I grew up on.

I disagree. As much as we talk about how dumb JR is, there's no way he can be any worse than Jason Kidd. I've been saying we should start him for 2 months. I'm sorry but I'm not going to sacrifice productivity in my starting lineup for the sake of having a spark off the bench.

But yes, I absolutely agree the lion share of the blame should go to Grunwald. How you can't see this coming is beyond me.
At this point I dont care who starts but I am sick of Shump, Novak, Kidd being unproductive in their minutes.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #1072
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
At this point I dont care who starts but I am sick of Shump, Novak, Kidd being unproductive in their minutes.
I totally agree. I would like to see Shump get some consistent minutes. He shouldn't be starting yet, but when you do play him, let him play. Don't start him, then yank him immediately without letting him have a chance to build his confidence and rhythm. It actually should be the opposite. Have him come off the bench and play meaningful minutes.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1073
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
He shouldn't be starting
Sorry but this is the bottom line.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #1074
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

They really should have traded Amar'e.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #1075
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It must be some clause in Jason Kidd's contract that ensures he starts and gets major playing time. That's the only thing I can think of as to why this guy continues to get burn. At this point, Prigioni may be a better option at the 2. We have the worst shooting guard in the league and honestly, it seems like Woody would sooner bench Melo than bench Kidd. It's almost laughable how bad he is now.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #1076
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Kidd shouldn't being paying shooting guard. He's been a point guard for 25 years. I don't think Woodson understands the positions in this game. He's got Kidd at the 2, Shump at SF, Melo at power forward, and appears to be under the delusion that Felton and JR Smith are point guards.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1077
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

I appreciate the effort in this game, would be nice if they could play that way for all of their games, you know, considering they're getting paid to do so.

I also appreciate their willingness to attack the basket and not rely on the 3 too much.

And lastly, thanks refs for actually rewarding Melo w/ FTs tonight. It was a surprising pleasantry. I should check my window as I type this, would be my first time seeing a blue moon...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #1078
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
It must be some clause in Jason Kidd's contract that ensures he starts and gets major playing time. That's the only thing I can think of as to why this guy continues to get burn. At this point, Prigioni may be a better option at the 2. We have the worst shooting guard in the league and honestly, it seems like Woody would sooner bench Melo than bench Kidd. It's almost laughable how bad he is now.
I remember saying how TERRIBLE Kidd was before the season and Knickcity many others even you Franchize had some issue with it. I tried to warn people even when he was on Dallas when they were in the finals he wasnt good. No more than if not 15 to 20 minute player MAX.

Remember Woody did make some kind of minutes promise to him before the season... The best part is he's signed for 3 years
Old 02-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #1079
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I remember saying how TERRIBLE Kidd was before the season and Knickcity many others even you Franchize had some issue with it. I tried to warn people even when he was on Dallas when they were in the finals he wasnt good. No more than if not 15 to 20 minute player MAX.

Remember Woody did make some kind of minutes promise to him before the season... The best part is he's signed for 3 years
Wait what? I HATED the Kidd signing. I never wanted him here. The only thing I've ever done was give him credit for the few early season games he played well. In fact, I also sided with you with the fact that his early success was way overblown.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 AM   #1080
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
I totally agree. I would like to see Shump get some consistent minutes. He shouldn't be starting yet, but when you do play him, let him play. Don't start him, then yank him immediately without letting him have a chance to build his confidence and rhythm. It actually should be the opposite. Have him come off the bench and play meaningful minutes.
Both jr and shumpert would benefit swapping roles. And so would knicks

Last edited by el gringos : 02-25-2013 at 03:49 AM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: