Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #1111
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

The Knicks just know how to bring out the worse in the Heat. Any other team they would be up 10 by now.

Lord if Shump can give the Knicks 15 a game this team would look so different.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #1112
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Clutch JR was trapped near the sideline... Some one was to his left covered.... only 2 options. Go to the middle to Stat but Jr couldnt see him because of the tall defenders. The only outlet was Kidd. Kidds job was to come to him because no one was on him.

If Jr was not trapped then it would be a bone head pass like what Wade did or the other pass LBJ intercepted for a dunk.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #1113
Clutch
NBA Legend

J.R. being J.R. Sometimes he'll win you games,sometimes he'll lose it for you.

Today he cost us the game. A lot of stupid decisions and missed threes (wide open ones) from him.

At least Jason Kidd played well for a change.

Also I think Woodson cost us a game by not playing Amare down the stretch.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #1114
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Clutch JR was trapped near the sideline... Some one was to his left covered.... only 2 options. Go to the middle to Stat but Jr couldnt see him because of the tall defenders. The only outlet was Kidd. Kidds job was to come to him because no one was on him.

If Jr was not trapped then it would be a bone head pass like what Wade did or the other pass LBJ intercepted for a dunk.
He had a live dribble. He wasn't heavily trapped. He could have dribbled somewhere else instead of making that pass.

He did the same thing late in game but we need to give a lot of credit to LeBron. He's smart and extremely fast so he can steal such passes,most of the guys in the league aren't able to do that.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1115
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
J.R. being J.R. Sometimes he'll win you games,sometimes he'll lose it for you.

Today he cost us the game. A lot of stupid decisions and missed threes (wide open ones) from him.

At least Jason Kidd played well for a change.

Also I think Woodson cost us a game by not playing Amare down the stretch.
I was explaining why the trap play wasnt a bad play by Jr. I wont dispute what you said. I think it falls on Woody for whatever play he drew up with the ball in Jr's in hand. Hope fully its a teachable moment for both of them.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #1116
niko
I Run NY.

Amare needs to close games if he's playing well. I'm glad he's accepting coming off the bench. But to me the implication is if you deserve to close, if you are not hurting the team closing you should be out there. At first, his defense was such shit that you couldn't close with him. But that has not been the case for a few weeks. Him not being out there when we can't score frustrates me.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1117
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

This team is so stupid it's almost fun to watch for that reason alone.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1118
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #1119
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Speaking of stupid

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #1120
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Amare needs to close games if he's playing well. I'm glad he's accepting coming off the bench. But to me the implication is if you deserve to close, if you are not hurting the team closing you should be out there. At first, his defense was such shit that you couldn't close with him. But that has not been the case for a few weeks. Him not being out there when we can't score frustrates me.
It wont happen with Woodson coaching. Amar'e is effectively done as a Knick.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #1121
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I actually thought we played pretty well today. We had some uncharacteristic turnovers that came around the same time the refs decided, in the 2nd half, they didn't want the Heat to lose to us again.

Kidd decided to make a guest appearance for the 1st time in months. His good games are like deadbeat dads nowadays.

I was expecting a blow out honestly and we actually were winning most of the game. I'm not saying it's a moral victory or anything but we definitely played well enough to win that game. Our defense 2nd quarter with Shumpert in the game was some of the best I've seen all season.

Going forward,
#1 we need to stop focusing so much about beating the Heat. It isn't even guaranteed we make it out the first round.
#2 When we do play the Heat, we're gonna need guys to keep LeBron honest. Someone needs to step up their scoring to where he HAS to guard Melo or Amare. In the second half, he was just lurking like a free safety, picking off passing lanes because he didn't have to guard Melo every play.
#3 We went right back to over-switching. Melo guarded LeBron well. He only hit like 2 shots on Melo. Whenever Melo is guarding him, he immediately calls for a pick. Problem is, when he gets a pick, we switch and just concede the mismatch.
#4 Woody needs to make his subs based on results, not based on his "gameplan". Sometimes, you just have to go with what's working. Kidd as a starter wasn't working. Novak isn't working. James White starting for defensive purposes isn't working. Amare playing with Melo, despite popular belief, is working! Just don't play Amare with Chandler.
#5 I don't know what Woody is waiting for to get something out of Kenyon but he'd better hurry up. Let's face it, this guy eventually is going to have to be an integral part of our team. as it stands, we really only play 2 true big men and one is on a minutes restriction.
#6 We need to play Shumpert more. I know he's missing shots but our defense is WAY better when he's on the court. Besides, your shot doesn't get better by sitting on the bench. As Rameek mentioned, if we could get some production from him offensively, we could be scary!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #1122
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The Heat are just better than the Knicks. LBJ is the sole reason the Heat will win the championship. He is so much better than any other player in the league its ridiculous.

If the Knicks play with effort every night for 48 minutes this team could be dangerous warts and all.

I will only say in the closing minutes I really only want to see Felton and Melo make the decisions with the ball.

Stat has improved defensively but in the closing minutes I dont think Woody trust him IF the Knicks are trailing in the 4th.

Copeland is in Woody's doghouse. This asset is being wasted. I had no issue with White today warts and all.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1123
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
It wont happen with Woodson coaching. Amar'e is effectively done as a Knick.

Agreed. They will trade him in the off season for 10 cents on the dollar, and probably eat a huge chunk of his contract.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #1124
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Sarcastic and Rameek both make very valid points (although Rameek's repeated usage of the word warts made me feel a bit grossed out and uncomfortable lol). The Heat are better than the Knicks. Simple as that. The fact that we've beaten them twice and then were very competitive with them yesterday is very encouraging IMO. The Heat IMO are better than every team in the league. There's no shame in that. What I do find shame in, is our GM thinking a team constituted of 6 players over 35 would somehow even the score with the defending champs. The Heat were already the favorites to win it all, and they still went out and got Birdman. I'm not a fan of the Juwan Howard move, but they still are showing they want to get even better. I don't get how Grunwald and Woody can see this, from a team clearly better than us, and say to themselves "we don't need to do anything...we got this." Makes zero sense to me.

As far as STAT goes, unless he shows up this offseason in a significant way, we need to explore all options in trading him. Even if it means we get a 2nd round pick, we have to consider it. I've defended him a lot during his tenure here but let's face it...He isn't going to be the Stoudemire we paid for ever again. The playoffs will determine just how far removed he is from being that guy. In todays NBA, you need at least 2 big time offensive contriutors. If he's just going to be a 13 and 6 kind of guy, we've gotta shed him. I'm not Chandler fan, but I've some to the conclusion that Melo would sooner get traded before he did. Therefore, the only piece that could dramatically improve this team, would fill the salary void left by Amare.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #1125
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

If he got more than 7 shots a game, he'd score a lot more. They trade him to a team that gives him real minutes and some actual touches, and he's back over 20 points a game again. And the Knicks beat goes on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: