Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #1171
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The last play didn't bother me, but Tyson should have been out there to clean the miss, and at leastset a screen for Jr to work rthose seven seconds.

You gotta have a backup plan.

Can't be mad at the results..... 4 games in 5 nights, and the only two losses in that stretch was against the champs and the runner up without the teams best player.
I agree totally. I love the effort.

I wont let Woody steal my joy today.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #1172
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I actually didn't mind the loss. I'm not a believer in moral victories but I thought the guys played better vs OKC then they did in their past 2 wins. OKC is the better team. Let's face it.

I like what I saw out of Martin. He was aggressive, he gave those 90's Anthony Mason fouls, he attacked the rim and he appeared to be physically able to withstand significant minutes.

Tyson Chandler...... Woody should have played him more down the stretch I guess but honestly, he wasn't much of a factor when he was in there. He was just getting his shot punched and getting out of dodge whenever Westbrook drove the lane.

Kidd, nice rebounding night but once again gave us nothing offensively. He had a nice steal in the 1st half but I can't begin to understand how he gets so many minutes.

Shump appears to be "back" defensively but he went back to being tentative offensively last night. He needs to see a sports psych.

Amare got off to a hot start then fizzled out. I don't know if it was because of the substitutions, JR taking the bulk of the shots, or what. He was aggressive despite getting his shot punched so I can't be too mad. He actually played some defense last night too!

Novak....I'm so over this dude. He reminds me of chicks with tongue rings back in HS. I kept hearing about how great that one thing they did was going to be but they usually had a bunch of other issues and ultimately, even that wasn't all that great.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1173
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

You must have been watching some other game if you think Shump is anywhere near "back" defensively. Perimeter guys get by him at will; at one point it happened on three consecutive possessions. Not even Derrick Rose could do that last year.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #1174
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Novak....I'm so over this dude. He reminds me of chicks with tongue rings back in HS. I kept hearing about how great that one thing they did was going to be but they usually had a bunch of other issues and ultimately, even that wasn't all that great.

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #1175
kNicKz
College superstar

Novak needs to start sniping again
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #1176
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You must have been watching some other game if you think Shump is anywhere near "back" defensively. Perimeter guys get by him at will; at one point it happened on three consecutive possessions. Not even Derrick Rose could do that last year.
Maybe some game other than what you were watching...yea.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #1177
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Buddens looks so spry
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #1178
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Tonight the team lacked effort and leadership.

So happy they let Copeland loose.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #1179
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Cmon Woodson dammit. Melo is hurt! The guy is clearly in pain. Use common sense dummy! What are you trying to prove. Down 18 and you put the guy back in.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #1180
Clutch
NBA Legend

Copeland always lights it up when gets opportunity but for some reason Woodson only plays him in garbage time.

Why couldn't he get some minutes instead of Novak who was absolutely horrible and after he missed his first 3 shots you could see he would be of no use ?

Melo played horrible but he's clearly hurt. If he can't play well then don't play him at all. No point in playing and risking further injuring his knee if he's going to suck.

That was just a horrible game for the Knicks. Get blown out against the struggling Warriors who were 5-12 in their last 17.

Let's look at it from the bright side. At least it can't get any worse than that.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #1181
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I really don't see the purpose of playing hurt.

I don't expect the team to win any of these games on the trio anyway.

Just rest up and get healthy rather than having ready made excuses in the playoffs.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #1182
Clutch
NBA Legend

This team gets blown out way too often. So far we have 23 losses in the season. 8 of them were blowouts.

Rockets twice
Bulls twice
Pacers
Sixers
Clippers (sort of)
Warriors

So we got completely blown out in 8 out of 23 losses.

And there was a lot of games where we fell behind by like 15 and then came back and either won the game or cut the deficit just to lose. My point is,we fall behind by 10+ like every second or third game on the schedule. That's just too much and inexcusable for a team with such a record.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-12-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #1183
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

They've given alot of blowouts as well.

I don't put alot of stock into regular season games, they never indicate anything as far as the playoffs go.

Don't lose in the first round otherwise do it like the Jets.....

Gut it, starting with the best player and rebuild.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #1184
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
They've given alot of blowouts as well.

I don't put alot of stock into regular season games, they never indicate anything as far as the playoffs go.

Don't lose in the first round otherwise do it like the Jets.....

Gut it, starting with the best player and rebuild.
No. That's what you DON'T do lol The Jets FO sucks lol Don't even get me started on those fools. I don't think we should model our team around the one team in NY who's gone longer than the Knicks without a championship lol.

As for Melo, I admire the effort but it just seemed like he was out there to show the fans he has heart. No way he should have been playing, but that's on Woodson. Not only did he play Melo but Melo got more minutes than anybody on the Knicks. What sense does that make? The game was out of hand fairly early. What was he trying to prove?

Quote:
And there was a lot of games where we fell behind by like 15 and then came back and either won the game or cut the deficit just to lose. My point is,we fall behind by 10+ like every second or third game on the schedule. That's just too much and inexcusable for a team with such a record.

That's what happens when you don't have playmakers. A team can get a big lead and then just double Melo for the rest of the game because him and JR are really the only ones that are going to rally a comeback vs any quality team.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #1185
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Copeland doesnt play because of his lack of effort on defense. Novak plays because of effort I suppose and his contract.

This team wont be blowing up anytime soon. The front office will keep these players for the next 2 years. So blowing up and meaning the players with multi year deals will be moved doubt it unless Camby or Kidd retires. I understand that as well because this team has turned over coaching and rosters every year since Melo and Stat been together. Continuity and patience will be taken most likely.

It's just one game so I wont overreact obviously Melo is still hurt like everyone has already has mentioned. Let him sit find out what why the knee is swollen and fluid is being built up. I think Melo needs to suck it up and have it drained so the doctors can figure it out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: