Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #106
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Love how much good conversation here

Baffles me you guys can't put the pieces together
-jr will start- he has to. Brewer starting means Carmelo on the perimeter even more

-Carmelo is a superstar around the basket- maybe an all star as a perimeter player

-the only option to build a team that meshes is a big who can keep a defender out of the paint- that means a 3 point shooting big- is there really no trade possible?

here we go
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #107
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

On to the next one....

Seems Boston will be resting a few of their starters, so i doubt our guys get much burn.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #108
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
here we go
Do you not agree? I'm as big a Carmelo fan as there is but I don't think he is anywhere near his best playing from the perimeter a majority of the time

In no way do I mean playing him at the 4- he is the best power 3 in the game today/maybe ever. But to allow him to play that the team needs a 4 or 5 that can play the role you might be accustomed to seeing 3 or 2's play.

Instead of saying as a perimeter player he's maybe an all star I should have said barely an all star. Knicks get 75% of Carmelo's best by surrounding him terribly- and most still want brewed to start which would put Carmelo on the perimeter that much more
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #109
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree that if only plays at the perimeter he's not at his best.
But even then, he's a superstar.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #110
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I like Pablo and Copeland. Simms I want to see more of... Thompson shows flashes of good and awfulness.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #111
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know it's just the preseason, but they keep on giving up big leads. I hope this is not a trend during the season.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #112
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I know it's just the preseason, but they keep on giving up big leads. I hope this is not a trend during the season.
Probably has alot to do with the second unit rotation.

Usually Melo or Amare are not in the game, as it's basically tryouts out there together.

I wouldn't expect to see that when the games start to count.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #113
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

This copeland dude looks pretty damn good for a bench warmer
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #114
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We can have 15 guys on the roster.

So far we have:
Melo
Amare
Tyson
Felton
J.R.
Novak
Kidd
Camby
Kurt
Brewer
Shumpert
Prigioni
White

That's 13.

So we have 2 roster spots remaining. One should definitely go to Copeland.
Who should get the remaining roster spot ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #115
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I agree. They led by 18 against the Wizards - won in a tight game.
Led by 10+ against the Raptors - lost in a blowout
Led by 20 against the Celtics - lost by 10.

Giving up a big lead is the worst way to lose. It hurts a lot. Personally I like more when we lose in a blowout in which we were down by 10 or more for most of the game.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #116
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I agree. They led by 18 against the Wizards - won in a tight game.
Led by 10+ against the Raptors - lost in a blowout
Led by 20 against the Celtics - lost by 10.

Giving up a big lead is the worst way to lose. It hurts a lot. Personally I like more when we lose in a blowout in which we were down by 10 or more for most of the game.
Im not trying to poo poo you guys concerns but the numbers are misleading in preseason. I know in the Wizards game specifically, it had to do with the substitution patterns of both teams. The guys the Wizards were putting on the court in the 2nd qtr will be on their roster. We pretty much put out our summer league team at times. Bellifield, Thompson, Shurna... Those guys arent making this roster. Even tho I like that Simms brings that Gtown big man passing ability, I doubt he will crack the roster either.

Im up n down on Copeland. He has a pretty decent skill set but he might just be too slow for the NBA game. At least he doesnt look like a total scrub out there.

Btw, anyone see the work my boy Malik Wayns is puttin in out in Philly? Lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #117
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Im not trying to poo poo you guys concerns but the numbers are misleading in preseason. I know in the Wizards game specifically, it had to do with the substitution patterns of both teams. The guys the Wizards were putting on the court in the 2nd qtr will be on their roster. We pretty much put out our summer league team at times. Bellifield, Thompson, Shurna... Those guys arent making this roster. Even tho I like that Simms brings that Gtown big man passing ability, I doubt he will crack the roster either.

Im up n down on Copeland. He has a pretty decent skill set but he might just be too slow for the NBA game. At least he doesnt look like a total scrub out there.

Btw, anyone see the work my boy Malik Wayns is puttin in out in Philly? Lol
Yeah the main rotation builds leads and they let the bench guys play. I see nothing wrong with that. Its actually been good to me.

I never saw Copeland as being slow though I have to check that out. I am surprised how much he has impressed me to the point that I wouldnt mind seeing him on the final roster. Its not the scoring either he just plays the game it doesnt seem to much for him. Do you think he can play both forward spots?

Simms another guy I like. Definitely a project but I rather see him that Kurt or Sheed honestly. I would love to see him get developed instead of the NBDL league. Let him make the roster and put in the work. He can play behind Tyson and Camby.

So far I like Pablo but he does make some bone head plays but its from trying to do too much or trying to make the fancy play. Thats something that can be coached if its really part of his game. I rather see him get minutes than Kidd honestly. At least he can penetrate, dish, or make a lay up.

James White probably can be a depth player.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #118
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I agree that if only plays at the perimeter he's not at his best.
But even then, he's a superstar.
Everyone knows I dont think this dude is a superstar until he proves he can play both ends of the floor and be a leader. At this point who cares anyways he's here and he aint going no where. Right now its about these guys trying to win a championship.

I dont think he's bad on the perimeter he probably could be more decisive. Anytime he has the ball no one knows what's going to happen should they stand around and not get in his way or make moves because he will look for them. If they make moves they might get in his way and draw his ire or stand around and let him get doubled tripled team. Not easy at all.

IMHO the only time I would stand around in an open area is when he post any other time everyone should be moving and cutting.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #119
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Yeah the main rotation builds leads and they let the bench guys play. I see nothing wrong with that. Its actually been good to me.

I never saw Copeland as being slow though I have to check that out. I am surprised how much he has impressed me to the point that I wouldnt mind seeing him on the final roster. Its not the scoring either he just plays the game it doesnt seem to much for him. Do you think he can play both forward spots?

In limited minutes...yes actually. I think he'd need to bulk up a bit but yea...I think he could play both spots. His game is very similar to Tobais Harris...though he's less athletic. He's kind of slow for a PF like a Luol Deng but he's effective at times. If he improves his defense and uses his size to his advantage like Luol does, he could become an asset. I wouldnt mind him making the roster.

Quote:
Simms another guy I like. Definitely a project but I rather see him that Kurt or Sheed honestly. I would love to see him get developed instead of the NBDL league. Let him make the roster and put in the work. He can play behind Tyson and Camby.

Simms comes from that new JT3 lineage of Georgetown Centers who all can pass really well. (Hibbert and Monroe) Unfortunately, his skillset outside of his passing isn't as good. He needs to put on a lot more muscle and get tougher. He has a decent mid range J. He's a guy who you only acquire if you're going to take the time to develop him. If you are gonna treat him like Memphis treated Thabeet, then he's a waste of time. His time under JTIII instilled basketball IQ and principles that you don't see out of young players anymore, however,his 1-on-1 skills are very limited. It's almost like a player who's only played in a read option offense going to the NFL.

Quote:
IMHO the only time I would stand around in an open area is when he post any other time everyone should be moving and cutting.
I agree. It begins with Melo but it shouldn't END with Melo. Our entire offense needs to get faster. I remember when I used to play ball, I had a friend who played SG. When I would swing him the ball, he'd look at the D and hold it, then do what he needed to do from there. I always used to ask him why and he never could give me a good answer. Some players are just mentally conditioned to do that. Kinda like spinning the ball when you shoot free throws. Most ppl dont even know why they're doing it. If everyone knows the plays, the offense shouldnt be stagnant. Bottom line is, you know what you're going to do before the defense does. That's why they have scouts and practice. So with the right ball movement, you should always be a step ahead. The object on offense is to score baskets. The easiest way to do that is to create mismatches and have the defense in a trail position. All holding the ball does is let the defense regroup. The only person who should hold the ball like that is the person initiating the play or resetting the offense. Quicker ball movement not only keeps the defense on their heels but it also adds to the fatigue factor. It's no different than the no huddle offense in football. End of the day, a pass is always going to move fast than a defender.

Last edited by franchize : 10-22-2012 at 10:00 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #120
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Two games to go for the preseason, then the season opener at MSG South - Brooklyn Building.

Tonight vs Filly and Bynum's new afro

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: