Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #61
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,216
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
lol at Kobe arguing with that dipshit reporter.

Kobe: And you know more about basketball than I do?
Reporter: I can argue that. You may know how to play better.
Kobe

Kobe got pwned.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #62
Chrono90
Local High School Star
 
Chrono90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,422
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

kobes being real blunt these days but the things he says are true. its not out of his ass.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #63
scm5
Good college starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Yea... Kobe doesn't talk to his teammates.

What about Ariza? When he came to the Lakers, Ariza was pretty much a scrub. Kobe took him under his wing and taught him how to shoot. Ariza and Kobe had a little bromance thing going on for a while, even after Ariza left LA.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #64
avonbarksdale
meat mountain
 
avonbarksdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tdotwire
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

this guys a ****ing scrub who cares. kobe has earned the right to say whatever he wants about whoever whenever, when smush wins 5 rings he can chirp kobe to the media all day
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #65
jjayfive
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 785
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-b...-smush-parker/


since NBA contracts are guaranteed, I would've decked Kobe if he pulled this crap on me... (if it were true)
jjayfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #66
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,541
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.
compare his numbers with LA and without. Kobe made him. He was never serviceable. just utter trash.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #67
therammingman
National High School Star
 
therammingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,315
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
wow.

holy shit he got fat as ****. jesus ****ing christ. omg.
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #68
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.

It's also no secret that Smush wasn't a good player. However, he has every right to air his own dirty laundry. I'd love Smush to just come out at some point and talk about exactly what was going on on that Lakers team.

Kobe's not a dickhead at all.
Smush is a complete scrub who has no right saying anyone is overrated, much less Kobe. Kobe is right.....Kwame, Smush.....are you kidding me? The team wasted years of his career with those losers.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #69
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey
 
GoRapz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,308
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."



Gawdbe
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #70
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends
 
Kobe 4 The Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipballinjigga

Parker, who's currently working at Chucky Cheese, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

fixed
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #71
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust
 
KOBE143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KB Center
Posts: 2,198
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Who's this Scrub Parker?
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #72
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle HATES David Stern
Posts: 2,843
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Smush Parker? Don't recall the name.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #73
D.J.
College superstar
 
D.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 4,995
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Kobe was a big time diva back then, so Smush isn't inaccurate with what he's saying. Kobe was very difficult to deal with. In regards to Smush's play, playing with Kobe made him look relevant. He got open looks because Kobe was double teamed almost the second he touched the ball, sometimes even triple teamed. His point production more or less doubled. He never averaged more than 6 PPG at any other point and the season after he left the Lakers was his last.

Chris Mihm went through the same thing before he went down. He averaged around 10 PPG with Kobe while averaging 7 and change at best without him. His increased production isn't as noticable, but he too got open looks because of the attention Kobe commanded. Luke Walton was another one. Several players looked relevant because they played alongside Kobe at his offensive peak.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #74
cranincu
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 186
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

i woudnt want smush talking to me either.

funny even scrub ass kwame is his boy even though kobe rags on him so much
cranincu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #75
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
It's Kobe.

What's the first thing popped out from his mouth when he won a 5th ring ? "I got 1 more than Shaq".

If he's going to keep grudge about a player like Shaq, he's going to keep a grudge about a bum like Parker.

As for the worst player thing, I don't think at times players keep things in context... doubt Kobe would when he's pissed at someone. He forgot about dudes like Kwame Brown, Laron Profit, Brian Cook etc.. I'm sure not on purpose (or he just forget they exist).



I agree with most of what you said, but that's the thing... I don't think Kobe does care about being PC. The man is human and not you, me, or someone on here is him. We don't know how he feels about these things no matter how professional he's been in the past.

I'm not even surprised one bit about these things. Sooner or later, things just come out in the open... My view point is "what took so long ?".

Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?
Nevaeh is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy