Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Django Unchained - Official Trailer #2... Looking much more entertaining this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8CZKbDzP1E

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Django Unchained - Official Trailer #2... Looking much more entertaining this time.

In Tarantino, I Trust.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Django Unchained - Official Trailer #2... Looking much more entertaining this time.

I'm no more and no less excited. I'm hoping it is another masterpiece.

And when was this filmed? Jonah Hill looks kind of fat again.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm no more and no less excited. I'm hoping it is another masterpiece.

And when was this filmed? Jonah Hill looks kind of fat again.

I'd rank his movies in this order:

Pulp Fiction................. F*cking Epic
Reservoir Dogs.............. Great
Kill Bill......................... Good
Inglorious Bastards......... Good
Kill Bill 2....................... Good
Jackie Brown.................. Okay

Not sure I understand why people are in love with Inglorious Bastards.
It was good... But Greatness? Maybe I need to watch it again.

It had it's moments... but it wasn't anything I was absolutely fascinated with.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
I'd rank his movies in this order:

Pulp Fiction................. F*cking Epic
Reservoir Dogs.............. Great
Kill Bill......................... Good
Inglorious Bastards......... Good
Kill Bill 2....................... Good
Jackie Brown.................. Okay

Not sure I understand why people are in love with Inglorious Bastards.
It was good... But Greatness? Maybe I need to watch it again.

It had it's moments... but it wasn't anything I was absolutely fascinated with.

QT is my favorite director:

I rate like this:
Pulp Fiction.............. fav movie ever
Inglorious Basterds.... great (top 5 for me)
Reservoir Dogs.......... great
Jackie Brown............ great (my love for this movie grew over the years)
Kill Bill 2................... great
Kill Bill...................... great (was higher at first, but had less lasting power over his others for me)
Death Proof.............. good (Grindhouse as a whole = great)

Potentially unrealistic for me to hope for this, but I'm hoping Django Unchained is in the top 3 for me (my hopes are as high because it reminds me a bit of Inglorious Basterds more than his other films).
Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This Jonah Hill as a serious actor stuff has gotta stop. Yes, he was good in Moneyball. The kid from my local community theater could've played the part as equally well, it wasn't demanding at all.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
This Jonah Hill as a serious actor stuff has gotta stop. Yes, he was good in Moneyball. The kid from my local community theater could've played the part as equally well, it wasn't demanding at all.

Nothing says his roll in this is going to be serious. His line in the trailer is more comedic in tone. And Mike Myers didn't ruin Inglorious Basterds, so I trust QT's choice here.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Kill Bill flicks were not that great and neither was Jackie Brown

the Grindhouse stuff wasn't that great either...

the "Man with the Iron Fists" is getting bad reviews too

his other movies are legit though...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Looks great. Can't wait.

For the record:

God Tier

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Inglorious Basterds

Solid

4. Kill Bill 2
5. Jackie Brown
6. Kill Bill

Meh

7. Deathproof (Loved Grindhouse, but Deathproof is not a good standalone movie the way Planet Terror is)
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Riddler
D-94

Another trailer....

http://themoviebox.net/1943
Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Really bummed Will Smith turned down the role. Oh well. Samuel L looks great same with Di Caprio.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Its QT so gonna be great no matter what.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

It STILL doesn't look good.

I hope this isn't QT on this visible decline as a film maker.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: