Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Jamal Crawford coming of age

That was probably the best Knick game I've seen in 8 years. JC went off scoring and shooting 16 straight shots. I think its safe to say the Knicks should keep Marbury and Crawford as the starting backcourt and buyout Steve Francis. Marbury has been playing up to his potential and Crawford is starting really come out like he was when with the Bulls.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jamal Crawford coming of age

if Crawford can do this on a daily basis, he can be our own little version of Dwyane Wade and then maybe we can get special treatments from the refs but that's only if he's more aggressive and takes the ball in once in a while... i'm still not convinced because a big portion of those points were jumpers am I right? can he do this every game from now on???
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Over half were jumpers. He scored 24 on 3's alone. As a side note, I'm glad that Jeffries didn't start. But the other JJ did. How is that for irony. What's the matter with Q? Man he needs to find his game!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

8-10 from the three point line is amazing.

20-30 is nasty, What a game.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

16 straight, what a beast.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

and what makes it even more amazin is that he only shoot 4 free throws.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

We need a big performance by crawford today vs bucks
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
We need a big performance by crawford today vs bucks

Indeed. I have a feeling he'll be off today, though. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Lee has to keep up his beast streak and Jefferies has to remain on the bench for Lee to make something happen in this game.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

Amazing game!

BTW, is Curry playin today?
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

Jamaal Crawford is a streak shooter without a conscience. He is also a 'dumb' player -- ie, he has a propensity to take bad shots at important times. Or breakdown plays by doing the wrong thing.

He frequently shoots the Knicks out of games, then shoots them back in. He is probably the one player on the team responsible for the most of their loses this year, consistently heaving away early in the game, a big reason why the Knicks are often down by 12 points early -- as he's 1 for 9 midway through the second quarter, and the other team has 10 fast break baskets.

He's bad defensively too. But he's fun to watch. I'd love to see him become more consistent and 'smarter'. I'd love to love the guy. But he's frustrating to watch.

Nobody I'd rather see on the line late in the game though. He's got ice in his veins. He doesn't seem to 'think' too much, which sometimes is a good thing, and sometimes is a bad thing.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #11
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

LouV is right. This is what Crawford is. He is not "coming of age". This is what he has been since his days in Chicago. He is a streak shooter who will have a great shooting game one day and then shoot 9-24 the next three nights. He takes too many bad shots and can paralyze the offense at time. He is not scared to take a big shot which is sometimes good, but how many times this year have we seem him with the ball with 10 seconds left in the quarter or the game and everyone knows he is not giving the ball up, the only problem with that is he is not good enough to isolate himself and take every big shot.

The Knicks made one of those classic mistakes where you trade for someone because they always have big games against you. Crawford had alot of biggames against the Knicks as a Bull and Isiah fell in love and gave him more money than he is worth.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: