Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #31
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Predict Kobe's FG% this year

43%
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #32
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i think it'll be over 100%
I<3NBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

%46.5 with Nash Effect.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #34
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerspng
Having Nash on the team is going to help him a lot. He's always had to be the one who created shots both for himself and his teammates. Hes actually got someone who can create shots for him.

I say he shoots 47-48%

Hell he'd shoot that if he just stopped taking end of the quarter/half desperation heaves. He gives away 2 impossible to make, fg% buster shots a game on those alone. But one thing I've learned watching him play for a decade and a half... He does not care about his fg%
I looked this up a while ago, and Kobe attempts like .3 of those shots a game. It's a complete myth that he attempts 2 of those a game, do you honestly think he's shooting like 50% on "real" 3 point attempts?

Edit: Just looked it up on bball reference, Kobe attempted a whopping 8 shots outside of 30 feet last season. If you get inside 30 feet, the shot is plenty makeable.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=bryanko01&matc h=single&year_id=&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&g ame_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_loc ation=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=& shot_distance_min=30&shot_distance_max=&q1=Y&q2=Y& q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_ seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_m ax=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2v al=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

Last edited by che guevara : 10-13-2012 at 04:22 AM.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #35
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
What does this have to do with anything?

kobe's low FG is mostly to blame because of his poor bball iq and bad shot selection
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #36
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

43-45% Chuckers gonna chuck.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #37
BigMic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigMic has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91
%46.5 with Nash Effect.
Maybe even more, he'll get more space this year, I think
BigMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #38
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bball ref's projections:

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #39
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMic
Maybe even more, he'll get more space this year, I think
I don't think you understand that Kobe's jump shot especially his long jump shot has regressed big time. He really cannot make the 3 point shot consistently anymore because of his age/knee.

He relies way too much on his lift in his jump shot which is why his jump shot has regressed so bad.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #40
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Wait Wait... Are you not the same guy who said FG% is a useless stat and that Ts should be the only stat used to judge players?
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #41
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
People don't realize how many times Kobe had to take bailout shots because the offense was so stagnant. The team would waste time and give it to Kobe last second to pull off a miracle.
As an Iverson fan, I give you no sympathy.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #42
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #43
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
45-46%. He'll get a boost due to what should be a lower ppg volume with Nash/Dwight there with the defensive attention and better spacing they'll give him, and also Nash's brilliant passing.

Bryant has been both the primary scorer & the primary playmaker for the Lakers, especially in the Triangle offense, both Jordan's and Pippen's roles.

Due to this burden, & since Bryant lost a step and athleticism declined a bit, he shot 43%, the worst since his first two years.

Now Howard controls the boards, and runs the floor while Nash runs the break, Bryant will revert back to scorer role of Jordan.

No longer will Bryant have to stay in the backcourt to handle the ball, he can just run up court, beat the defense, and set up in the high post/low post for great shot opportunities.

This is the first time in Bryant's career that he'll get post feeds from a bona fide playmaker, and he won't have to work so hard to create off the dribble or end up with forced shots to beat the shotclock.

If Bryant was in his prime, young and athletic, I would say 50%. Since he is 34, I predict 45 to 46%.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Nash can make Jason Richardson look elite. Kobe should should 50% this year if hes really a "top 10 player".
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #45
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

45-47% I'd say. I don't see him shooting under 44 this year, unless he just chucks with no regard, which I doubt will happen.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: