Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default High Speed Internet/Comp Question

What carrier tends to have the fastest internet?? Is it Comcast?

And let's say I'm opening up a video on Youtube and the video lags or takes a while to load, is that a result of internet issues, or just having a slow processor? Mind you I already have high speed internet.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: High Speed Internet/Comp Question

www.speedtest.net

Run this, and tell us the result.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
What carrier tends to have the fastest internet?? Is it Comcast?

And let's say I'm opening up a video on Youtube and the video lags or takes a while to load, is that a result of internet issues, or just having a slow processor? Mind you I already have high speed internet.
if you want the absolute fastest, search for a fiber-optic provider in your area. i think verizon might be a choice, they have crazy fast internet.

i'm stuck with slow "high speed" internet. my 4g phone is way quicker than home internet.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

Fiber optics is fastest for home. Verizon FIOS is the provider in my area. However there is pricing based on speed you want like 15/5 or 50/5.

Run the speedtest like Bagelred suggested and you'll see if that's the speed you are paying for.

If you are running wireless, try changing the channel on your router and run the speedtest again. It had happened for me 3 months ago where I wasn't getting my usual speed until i switched channel on my wireless router.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

18.92 Mbps - Download

4.36 Mpbs - Upload
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
18.92 Mbps - Download

4.36 Mpbs - Upload

18.92 is pretty good so I really don't think it's your internet issue. Clean up your machine. Download and run malwarebytes and super antispyware. These 2 are a great tools to clean up and remove any malware and spyware in your machine.
Uninstall an applications you don't need. Run msconfig.exe and remove and unnecessary startups.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: