Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I dont mean to sound harsh or to blame her, but why didnt she just get off social networking sites?

Nevertheless bullies are horrible people.

100% agree, while it's partially her fault, those bullies are such assholes for doing that.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
This whole bullying thing is being blown out of proportion. Bullying has and will always exist. Is it wrong? Sure. But bullying is part of human nature and adults engage in forms of bullying as well let alone kids.

For god's sakes we live in America. America is the biggest bully in the world by far. We ain't complaining.

We should put these resources into teaching kids how to deal with bullying not a futile attempt to stop it from happening.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.
She was a kid. Obviously your childhood was completely free of stupid choices but unfortunately nobody else's was. That's like sitting there and saying "well killing herself was stupid because in 20 years none of this will matter." Just because it's true doesn't mean it's applicable to a teenage girl.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 10-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #34
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
She was a kid. Obviously your childhood was completely free of stupid choices but unfortunately nobody else's was. That's like sitting there and saying "well killing herself was stupid because in 20 years none of this will matter." Just because it's true doesn't mean it's applicable to a teenage girl.

To kids at that age everything is so big. I just wish they could hang on a little bit because if they did they'd see how much your life can change. Nothing or nobody is worth your life. Suicide f**king sucks.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #35
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

These stories capture my attention because of the what if factor. What if the people around her were better equipped to help her deal with her problems. What if someone had noticed a hint that she was suicidal. What if this pathetic stalker had been found and arrested.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 10-13-2012 at 02:27 AM.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem. She had so much life left ahead of her. **** all those kids that bullied her. It's sad they get satisfaction from doing that. I have to say though. I think social media is the main culprit in bullying. Lets be honest, bullying has been going on in schools for ages. Now with things like Facebook, twitter, etc., it will follow you no matter where you go.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #37
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

It's really blowing up here. I saw a couple of people wearing pink Amanda Todd shirts in the mall today. City is really rallying around this
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #38
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.
Blame the parents for not pressing charges against the pedo who was posting pics of an 8th grader's boobs on the internet.
Also She gets assaulted in front of 50 people, on video and her parents still don't do anything. Bad parenting.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #39
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
HS females hate girls that are ho's. i didn't read or watch the whole story only the Q cards part but if she was a ho i sort of get why she got harrassed so bad by other females.

Na, they hate the known hoes.
most are hoes themselves.
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #40
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel like I want to say a lot of things about the power of anonymity the internet brings and even if not anonymous the sort of no boundaries atmosphere a lot of people approach it with but I don't really know how honestly.

There's obviously always been bullying, but I'm 28, when it went on when I was in 8th/9th grade you knew who was doing it. Say what you will about it, but there's at least some honesty in mocking a person to their face. Now anyone can do it, for every one kid with the shitty life that wants to tear someone down to their face there's a dozen that're thinking it but would never dare say it. Now they can, just go make a fake Facebook account and troll your ass off.

The internet's one of the greatest inventions we've ever made, but my god, it's just as easily one of the worst.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's why i have no problems with parents teaching their kids some self defense. These bullies needs to get their a$$ kick.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

People need to learn how to take L's and stay focused.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
It's really blowing up here. I saw a couple of people wearing pink Amanda Todd shirts in the mall today. City is really rallying around this

I've seen a few of those as well. Everyone is choked up about it. I was furious when I woke up to people still making fun of her on Facebook and twitter.how did kids become this desensitized.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #44
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
I've seen a few of those as well. Everyone is choked up about it. I was furious when I woke up to people still making fun of her on Facebook and twitter.how did kids become this desensitized.
This may be the most shocking. The fact that the people who are responsible for her death just don't give a shit.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #45
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23

Me too. I may be twice some of these kids ages but I would smack the shyt out of them if I came across them. It's appauling how these kids (the bullies) have absolutely no sympathy towards her and her family whatsoever. Still posting things like the bleach did it's job finally. Absolutely disgusting. They refuse the accountability. It won't be too long, just like the Vancouver riots, that people's names and faces will be publicly exposed and all hell breaks loose.
There are petitions going around asking to reveal identity or at least have the stalker guy arrested. Also the girls who assaulted her.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: