Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #166
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Clippers vs Heat 9:30 pm PST CP3's Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Crawford and Hill are going to be huge additions. Odom once he gets in shape should be as well. Bledsoe, Griffin and DJ improving along with healthier CP3 and Billups makes this team a contender, not a pretender. Last year 10 new players, no time to gel, massive injury problems and still second round is nothing to play with.
So that was why you quoted my post? You believe the Clippers are contenders?

The Clippers to me at most are a second round- elimination team. Along with teams like Denver and Memphis. Unless there's injuries to teams like OKC/LA I don't see any of those teams coming out of the west.

Sorry if you felt I insulted your team. It's not like I put Utah or some homerish pick up there, those are simply the leauges elites.

Last edited by Yung D-Will : 10-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #167
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

I predict yes they will be undisputed contenders this year and in the discussion with OKC and Lakers for best in the west yes. It's too soon to label them pretenders or contenders definitively though until we see some games that matter.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #168
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

If you say so, I don't see them being better than Denver or so at the end of the season.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #169
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

And I belive Denver will be a pretender also

Both teams will be better than Utah for the next 2 years or so though
Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #170
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
If you say so, I don't see them being better than Denver or so at the end of the season.

A lot of people feel that way and the team and fans have a lot of fuel for their fire this year. All they overcame last year to do that well and people STILL underrate and disrespect the Clippers. Nuggets are a great team that I enjoy but what warrants them jumping the Clippers who are deeper this year and hopefully healthier? Bledsoe and DJ look massively improved based on summer league, training camp, open scrimmages and preseason. Sure it's not regular season but the improvements they are showing aren't fluke type ones.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #171
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
A lot of people feel that way and the team and fans have a lot of fuel for their fire this year. All they overcame last year to do that well and people STILL underrate and disrespect the Clippers. Nuggets are a great team that I enjoy but what warrants them jumping the Clippers who are deeper and hopefully healthier?
Underrated and disrespect is not putting LAC up there with OKC/LA? And this is the first time I'm hearing someone say they're contenders actually.

Denver is simply the most complete team in the league and will be even scarier if Javal's lessons with Hakeem actually produce results on the courts. What's going to hurt them is when they have to get go to scores down the stretch of games.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #172
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Underrated and disrespect is not putting LAC up there with OKC/LA? And this is the first time I'm hearing someone say they're contenders actually.

Denver is simply the most complete team in the league and will be even scarier if Javal's lessons with Hakeem actually produce results on the courts. What's going to hurt them is when they have to get go to scores down the stretch of games.

You don't get it do you? Clippers are one of maybe 3-4 teams that can match Denver's depth any given night. On top of that they have two star players, one top 5 player which only maybe 5 teams in the league can say. They also advanced a little bit further in the playoffs last year with their top 5 players injured, 10 new players that had no time to practice and gel. Bottom line is the Clippers are the better team last we saw and until proven otherwise that's how it stands. Nothing warrants the Nuggets jumping 2 seeds or w/e over the Clippers.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #173
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

No I don't get whatever you're saying. I'm not juding based on flashy players, what looks good on paper ext... I'm simply judging on what I feel the product of the teams players is going to be on the court.

I have

Okc
La
San An

Denver
Lac
Mem

And I can't judge the 7th/8th seeds at this time because that's to hectic
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #174
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Jordan's offensive game has really improved in the post, simply is more confident but I want to see him work more on his post D. I'd love to sign Ben Wallace as a coach or even give him a roster spot just to work with DJ.

Bledsoe is still an excellent defender, but his offense leaves a lot to be desired. Awareness is way off the charts, in the negative way, needs work on his shooting, and is way too out of control a lot of the time. I just like the fact we have guys like Crawford, Hill and Lamar to come into the 2nd unit and handle the ball instead of Bledsoe always doing it.

I was also impressed with Barnes. Gave good defensive effort, grabs more rebounds than you'd think and doesn't force anything on offense. Butler did well to boot.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #175
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

What the hell, Clippersfan86 is so freaking annoying, he looks like a troll as well, just check his facebook..

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...2F&h=jAQF5y0kN
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #176
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

If we can't take anythnig negative out of preseason games, can we take anything positive?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #177
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
. He can become a top 3 defensive PG of all time on that level if he keeps working his ass off.

In 15 mpg?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #178
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
In 15 mpg?

Hell no. Either as a starter, 30+ mpg 6th man (Odom type role on Lakers) or on a team that gives him way more opportunity. Just saying he COULD potentially become one of the best defensive PG's of all time if he works his butt off and finds the right situation/coach. I think the same thing about Bradley and Shumpert too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: