Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
ROCSteady
#BeatDemBoyz HTTR

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Ray Lewis Out For the Season? Baltimore Ravens

Ray Lewis appeared to have at least partially torn his triceps yesterday, possibly ending his season. However, doctors think it is not deep enough to put his career at jeopardy.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...b-haloti-ngata

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ens-lbs-tricep

It would be a shame if it were really the last time seeing Ray Ray play MLB. I grew up 30 min from BAL so I have seen prolly 90-95% of his games.

Either way, yesterday was devastating for Baltimore. With Suggs already shelved until at least December, who will not be 100% all season IF he gets back. Now, their best playmaking CB Ladarius Webb is out for the season and now the heart and soul of the team and even the city.

Does this make teams like HOU, SD, NE, etc. road to a Lombardi much easier or what? Ngata got banged up and Jimmy Smith, talented young Cb had groin problems yesterday.

I feel like Flacco is gunna have to be MVP caliber for them to make noise in the playoffs, assuming they get there with an alrady shakey defense so far this season. He's gunna need some pristine game-planning from Cam Cameron and Boldin, T Smith, J Jones, Pitta and of course Ray Rizzle to come focused ready to ball.

What does this mean for the AFC race though?

This thread for is a hopeful thing for Ray Lewis, as even though I slightly detest the Ratbirds, I've grown up watching Ray stick heads in the middle

Last edited by ROCSteady : 10-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ray Lewis Out For the Season? Baltimore Ravens

Ray hasnt been his normal physical self this year but he is by far their verbal leader of the defense and maybe the overall team. he is a big loss mentally. and if Webb and Ngata are out too.... its gonna be a big test for Flacco to hold the troops down
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

He's officially out I'm a 49ers fan but it's really sad when great players go down. This makes last years AFC loss even more painful.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
ROCSteady
#BeatDemBoyz HTTR

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The injury is terrible and I feel really bad for my great friends who live and breathe the Ravens but...

I'm still really relieved they lost that AFC game. Billy C untsniff
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's no use thinking about the AFC with Lewis out. Someone will win it by simply catching a hot streak. No one has looked dominant, the AFC East only has one good quarterback and the Pats still can't create breathing room. If I was forced to bet money I'd got with Houston.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
ROCSteady
#BeatDemBoyz HTTR

Why is there no use talkin or speculating bout it??

BAL has looked like one of the most dynamic teams in the conference.

Now they lose their best playmaking CB, leader of the defense aka heart and soul of football here, have been without their best pass-rusher all year, and the middle force in the middle aka the best T in football is banged up.

For a team that has made their success off defense and these guys, I'd say it changes the dynamics quite thoroughly.

U jus don't wanna think bout it cuz the Pats have struggled for their standards
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

I wonder if Ray will retire.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Why is there no use talkin or speculating bout it??

BAL has looked like one of the most dynamic teams in the conference.

Now they lose their best playmaking CB, leader of the defense aka heart and soul of football here, have been without their best pass-rusher all year, and the middle force in the middle aka the best T in football is banged up.

For a team that has made their success off defense and these guys, I'd say it changes the dynamics quite thoroughly.

U jus don't wanna think bout it cuz the Pats have struggled for their standards
No, I just don't see who in the AFC has distinguished themselves from the rest. If this was just about being a Pats fan I could easily argue, "we've just had a few off games, Brady is playing at an MVP level and Welker is being properly utilized again, it's going to be NE." All those issues you list with Baltimore is why I don't put them at the top. Houston is the only team that has a good argument, but vs. the Pack it was like someone popped a balloon.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Madden curse? He was on the intro of the game.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
I wonder if Ray will retire.

I was wondering the same thing. I doubt he will though, I don't think he'll want to end his career on this note.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Ray Lewis tore his triceps which hurts a lot, but not as much as getting stabbed to death by Ray Lewis and his friends.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Pats are still the team to beat, IMO...regardless of record through 6 games.

It will depend ultimately how well their talent performs in the playoffs, but they're the favorites.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The AFC is bad this year lol. Houston and NE are prob the only ones I would have any faith in at this point and NE's is based more on reputation and talent than actual performance so far.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Madden curse? He was on the intro of the game.

OMG SOOOOOO True.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

He doesn't deserve that. He's just a murderer.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: