Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Detroit Ranked 25th In Power Rankings

I'm not sure if you guys saw the ESPN power rankings yet but we're projected near the bottom. I actually think the list looks pretty correct at least before the start of the season. As a fan I'd just like to see the young guys get better. If we end up with the leagues 5th worst record I don't have a problem with that as long as we finally get a top 3 pick. With that and the cap space we have we could finally get back to where we were. I really want to see Drummond grow as a player. I think he could end up being a vastly different player from the begining of the season to the end. I really want that front line of Monroe and Drummond to work.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings...r/2013/week/-1
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
embersyc
Lurker

Default Re: Detroit Ranked 25th In Power Rankings

I personally think the Pistons are clearly better than Toronto and Washington and at least equal to Milwaukee.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I personally think the Pistons are clearly better than Toronto and Washington and at least equal to Milwaukee.

There's some who think Toronto might fight for the 8 seed this season. They have a lot of young talent too and they do have Valenciunas (sp) playing for them this year too. He might not make an immediate impact but he'll eventually be a solid player for them. I actually don't mind their roster. They're going to be a team that eventually gets stuck in mediocrity. They might be bad this season but I don't see where Detroit is clearly better.

Milwaukee has an undersized back court, but it's one that can score a ton of points. They're not great at C but they have some size there and they have Illyasova who seems like he has some potential too.

The Wizards roster I actually think is better than Detroit's. There's no way Detroit is clearly better. The Wizards have a better PG in Wall. Jordan Crawford and Bradley Beal give them more depth at SG than we have (of course Beal needs to live up to the hype). Ariza is a solid SF. I take Tay over him but Ariza is one of those under rated guys in the NBA. Vesely isn't better than Monroe obviously. Nene is better than our C's. I think Washington has the chance to win some games.

Detroit could be as good as any of these teams. I just don't see us being clearly better. It's going to be a close race in the East this year.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

too high
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: