Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edge of Despair
Posts: 12,284
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
But what about the other year? I went my Junior and Senior year.

Didn't go junior year because I was living outside of the school district and my dad was paranoid about me getting kicked out of the school so he didn't let me do anything outside of school. That and my school fees weren't paid so I couldn't go anyway.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
Jameerthefear
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone
Posts: 32,578
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
You won't give a f*ck after a while trust me. High school matters while you're in it but once it's over you realize how insignificant it really is. I never went to a homecoming and I didn't go to prom (although that was because I got banned).
What did you do?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edge of Despair
Posts: 12,284
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
What did you do?

I was posing with fake gang signs when we were taking senior pictures. They banned me from prom and cropped me out of the yearbook picture.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,226
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
This. It was a freakin high school dance with teachers chaperoning. They were probably arms length apart the whole time

Exactly, TV and Movies give teens unrealistic expectations. In real life teachers are more vigilant. Now what happens after the dance might be differnet, but I was never cool enough to find out
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #20
SourPatchKids
Banned
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dooney Rock
Posts: 7,108
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I was posing with fake gang signs when we were taking senior pictures. They banned me from prom and cropped me out of the yearbook picture.
Wow you must be SUCH a legend.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #21
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,911
Default Re: I failed so hard

I never was a big fan of HS and still think it was just a tool to get me into college but prom was fun times. No matter how cool you think you are for school, I'd recommend going.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #22
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,404
Default Re: I failed so hard

High school stops mattering as soon as the ink is dry on your diploma.

I graduated 20 years ago and still remember that "ok, what now?" feeling. Didn't feel that way after college or grad school.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: I failed so hard

i doubt you missed much but id try to go to things like that. There is no reason not to. I didn't want to go to prom (didn't care) and a friend dragged me as her date. We had a great time.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
IInvented
Hip Hop
 
IInvented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,322
Default Re: I failed so hard

Never in my hs career did I go to homecoming or prom... Waste of money n time
IInvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IInvented
Never in my hs career did I go to homecoming or prom... Waste of money n time
As a HS'er... what would be a better use of your time? using the computer? video games?

I disagree with everyone else saying it's a waste of time. Yes, as you grow up it seems very trivial. But you're in HS, play the part. What else you got going on? Not saying it's great, but it's about the experience. Going through what a regular HS kid should go through, then having memories of it and years later being able to laugh with old buddies about it, converse about it, tell your kids about it. It's there for a reason, a rite of passage, that most HS'ers go through. No reason to miss out.

For people saying it's a waste of time.. as a HS'er.. what else you got going on that is more important?

If you have a job and need to support yourself.. ok. If you're a young athlete with a promising career.. ok. If there's family emergencies requiring you to be elsewhere.. ok.

But for most HS kids.. what else? internet? video games? porn? sports? All of these you can do some other time. Just go enjoy youself, or at least experience what other regular kids go through.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: I failed so hard

I don't get being too "cool" for school dances. I went to my prom, it was lame but it was fun, it was a party, and afterwards we went to a party on the beach and i got to fool around with my date who was just a friend due to peer pressure (everyone else was with their one true love and going at it so what the hell!).

Being too "cool" to go have fun with your friends at school reminds me of the goth kids in south park.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
Default Re: I failed so hard

prom itself sucked dick....

after prom is the only fun part. everyone went to the dance for an hour and then went back to their beachhouses and got f*cked up...
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10
 
Remix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,004
Default Re: I failed so hard

I remember I went to Homecoming my Sophomore year with some friends, but it was really really lame. My brother, friend, and I went back to my house after about an hour to set up for the party we were having afterwards. So while everyone else was "crankin dat soulja boy" we were already drinking. Most people showed up before the dance ended and the party was awesome.

Didnt go to any dances Junior year.

Homecoming senior year was ok, pretty boring. By the time of Prom I had a girlfriend, so I had to go. It was pretty fun, mainly because I liked the girl. All the pictures and walk through crap was pretty annoying. Her parents were forcing her to go to afterprom, even though my parents didn't really care what I did. Most of my friends were going to this party, but I got dragged to afterprom, which was pretty boring.

Basically what rip said, there isn't usually anything else to do. And I highly doubt there were actual lapdances, probably just some grinding. (which is cool if you like awkward boners)


EDIT: Actually I remember Homecoming senior year I had a girlfriend from a different school. She never tried to talk to any of my friends or get to know any of their gf's, which made it awkward. She insisted that we left early, so we did. Went back to my house, watched movies, smashed.

Last edited by Remix : 10-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #29
NBA4EVER
.
 
NBA4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,516
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
As a HS'er... what would be a better use of your time? using the computer? video games?

I disagree with everyone else saying it's a waste of time. Yes, as you grow up it seems very trivial. But you're in HS, play the part. What else you got going on? Not saying it's great, but it's about the experience. Going through what a regular HS kid should go through, then having memories of it and years later being able to laugh with old buddies about it, converse about it, tell your kids about it. It's there for a reason, a rite of passage, that most HS'ers go through. No reason to miss out.

For people saying it's a waste of time.. as a HS'er.. what else you got going on that is more important?

If you have a job and need to support yourself.. ok. If you're a young athlete with a promising career.. ok. If there's family emergencies requiring you to be elsewhere.. ok.

But for most HS kids.. what else? internet? video games? porn? sports? All of these you can do some other time. Just go enjoy youself, or at least experience what other regular kids go through.

NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #30
BuGzBuNNy
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,141
Default Re: I failed so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
As a HS'er... what would be a better use of your time? using the computer? video games?

I disagree with everyone else saying it's a waste of time. Yes, as you grow up it seems very trivial. But you're in HS, play the part. What else you got going on? Not saying it's great, but it's about the experience. Going through what a regular HS kid should go through, then having memories of it and years later being able to laugh with old buddies about it, converse about it, tell your kids about it. It's there for a reason, a rite of passage, that most HS'ers go through. No reason to miss out.

For people saying it's a waste of time.. as a HS'er.. what else you got going on that is more important?

If you have a job and need to support yourself.. ok. If you're a young athlete with a promising career.. ok. If there's family emergencies requiring you to be elsewhere.. ok.

But for most HS kids.. what else? internet? video games? porn? sports? All of these you can do some other time. Just go enjoy youself, or at least experience what other regular kids go through.
You said this like 30 times But yea, I agree
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy